the beginning of the mess.

When the clock strikes 3 times, I'll be home.

 

‘Good evening. May I help you sir?’

A smile is plastered all over the waitress’ face, bowing down as she opens the restaurant’s door for Myungsoo. Myungsoo, smiled back, looking around and tries to find something but turns out he can’t, so he ends up asking her.

‘Well… umm… I kind of reserved a table for dinner?’

He looks around again and tries to find an empty table which he has reserved. But the restaurant is kind of crowded at that night, and he can see no empty table available for him. Disappointment is shown all over his face.

‘Please, come with me sir…’

The waitress says politely as she sees the expression shown on Myungsoo’s face, signalling him to follow her.

She goes to her desk with a computer and types really fast, so fast and so noisy that Myungsoo is a bit surprised with the sight in front of him, with her long and slender fingers, which Myungsoo can’t take his eyes off of.

‘I suppose you’re Mr. Kim Myungsoo?’

‘Uhm… yeah… hehe… how do you—‘

‘Come with me please.’ She says as she gets out of her counter behind the computer and leading him to an empty table, which apparently is reserved and actually exists despite the pretty crowded restaurant.

Because some restaurants give the reserved tables away if there were people who are willing to pay with higher price.

That’s what Myungsoo thinks.

The waitress takes the menu from another counter nearby and shoves it in front of Myungsoo. Again, smile is plastered all over her face. Even though he knows this is normal, because a waitress cannot pout in front of a costumer because that will be really boring to see and unfriendly waitresses will eventually piss the costumers off and they rather leave and eat at other places, but he finds it really creepy. He wonders how one can smile all the time like that.

Myungsoo runs his fingers through the pages. He’s not really interested in eating anything in particular though, so he just chooses any food randomly.

‘I want a cheesecake.’

The waitress again writes like super fast on her book. She lifts her head up with a questioning Anything else? expression.

Myungsoo is a bit confused between choosing something special for Sungjong or just letting his boyfriend picks something for himself. No, wait, maybe he needs to choose something for him because he wants this date to be as special as ever. You know why? Because today they’re celebrating three months of being in a relationship.

But Myungsoo is clueless. He has no idea what should he orders for Sungjong and it’s almost the time for Sungjong to come. He flips the pages in frenzy, a bit panicking and leaves the waitress a bit surprised with his sudden movement. Finally a picture of a certain food catches his eyes.

Vanilla ice cream, Sungjong’s favorite.

He smiles so wide that you can see all of his tidy and white teeth. He lifts his head up and points at the picture. The waitress’s eyes widened a bit, maybe she’s a bit creeped out with Myungsoo now.

After that, she just leaves without even caring to take back the menu from Myungsoo’s table and left him dumbfounded. Myungsoo just sighed a bit after what happens and reaches for his phone. He presses his boyfriend’s number but before he manages to press the ‘call’ button, he receives a call from someone he has never expected to call at times like this, his dad.

He lets out another sigh before picking up the phone.

‘Annyeong haseo?’

He’s so serious and absorbed on talking with his father that he doesn’t notice his boyfriend is already a metre away behind his chair.

‘Bwo? Tomorrow? I can’t leave tomorrow! What about Infinite? What about my carreer? What about… Sungjong…’

He stops when he mentions that name. Sungjong. Lee Sungjong. The love of his life. He can’t leave him. He means everything for him. He swears he will trade the world just to get Sungjong’s attention.

Sungjong freezes. He can’t believe with what his ears just heard. He can’t believe his hyung is leaving.  He can’t believe that he’s losing the only one he got in life….

The smile on his face fades, and tears start forming on the edge of his eyes. He takes some steps back, hesitating which way to go: shall he leave or ask for the truth to his hyung?

Does he not love me? He promised he would never leave me alone.

He takes some steps back until he stumbles and falls to the floor, surprising the previous waitress who helped Myungsoo earlier. He has lost it all. His hyung is leaving tomorrow. ...

He stands up and runs out of the restaurant with all of his might,

.

His tears are falling as he runs faster and faster until his knees are too sore and he falls to the ground.  Sungjong cries in the middle of the road with no one walking on the side. He cries really hard, so hard that he’s afraid he might run out of tears soon.

Sungjong tries to get up even if his knees are telling him to sit the down for a moment or two and runs to the place he usually hides: the place he knows where his hyung will find him, if he still does care about him and tries to look for him….


so this is the basically the story behind the missing Sungjong :---) 

sorry I was sick and busy with school so I just got the time to write another chapter.

I know that this sounds almost like a drabble asdfghjkl so sorry but I'm trying my best ok? ;-;