Don't be like that.

When the clock strikes 3 times, I'll be home.

"So how was the ride?"

 
"He didn't say a single thing... It's as if he's a mute person. What about Sungjong?"
 
"He didn't want to come out of his room all day; he refused to eat, shower, even drink."
 
"Gah that kid..."
 
"Hyung, I'm worried... Sungjong has never been like this before..."
 
"I know... But what can we do?"
 
*
 
Sungjong wakes up with a pang on his heart and an overwhelming pain on his head. He groans and curses under his breath as he rubs his eyes and tries to get up from his damp (because he's been crying waterfalls all day on that) bed. He reaches for his phone, which is now blinking red because the battery is low. It shows 15:45. Oh, it's already afternoon. How many times has this happened today? He wakes up, checks the time, remembers that his favorite hyung is not around, bawls his lungs out, falls asleep. It's just so tiring. This time, he decided to get out of his room, eventhough he's still holding back a muffled sob.
 
The white light spreads across the room and hits sungjong's eyes. He closes his eyes immediately, for he has been in a dark room crying for hours, the light is hurting him. He rubs his eyes trying to adjust to his surrounding, then he registers something, or someone, is standing in front of him.
 
"Sungjongie?"
 
"H-howon hyung?"
 
"Gwaenchana? You refused to go out of room all day..."
 
The older puts an arm on his shoulder, Sungjong can feel it. Then he feels like he's pulled towards the floor to sit down. Cold. The floor is cold. He leans back on the wall and lets out a sigh. Cold. The wall is cold too. 
 
"Sungjong?"
 
Howon wipes away the damp bangs on Sungjong's forehead and puts it aside. He puts a tissue on it, wiping the sweat which covering his whole face.
 
"Are you gonna be fine?"
 
"I'm trying hyung..."
 
Sungjong sighs and he reaches for his hyung, hugging him and buries himself in his neck. Howon says something to him, but he cannot register much what it was, but it was very comforting; very comforting that it reminds him of one person who had always been a comfortable place to run to: Kim Myungsoo.
 
Sungjong cries again, but this time, on Howon's neck. He can feel Howon's hands shaking a bit on his back, but they are now rubbing it as if he's trying to calm him down.
 
"I'm sorry, Sungjongie.... Maybe I should've stopped him..."
 
Howon lets out a low sob and Sungjong feels his hyung's arms tighten around his waist. Howon's breath starts to get warmer and his heartbeat beats faster, Sungjong can feel him.
 
"I-it's not your fault, hyung..."
 
The two spends some time like that together, feeling safe on each other's arms. They cry their hearts out on each other's embraces: one for being left behind by the one he really loves, and one for feeling like a useless hyung, a hyung who cannot protect his dongsaengs. After it feels like forever, Sungjong pulls back to see his hyung's face wet with tears and he wipes it with his sleeve. His hyung takes a deep breath and with that, a smile spreads across his face.
 
"We're gonna be just fine."
 
Sungjong's heart flutters, his hyung cares about him a lot. Howon is right, he cannot be like this forever. It's only a day but he feels like he's been a burden to s by not practicing, not doing his chores, not taking care of himself, not being happy, not being a Sungjong.
Just then the front door opens, revealing 4 people with tired look on their faces, and the one on the front, puts on a very worried face and practically throws himself to Sungjong. To this, Sungjong can only smiles and giggles a bit.
 
"Dongwoo-hyung, I'm fine."
 
Then he feels a pair of arms around his waist. Oh, it's Dongwoo-hyung's. Sungjong smiles and mouths a mianhae to his hyung while patting his shoulder.
 
"Aigoo... Sungjongie... Look at you. Have you eaten? Let me make you a dinner."
 
"But hyung... You've just arrived... Aren't you tired? It's okay, I can cook by myself, and anyway, you need to shower."
 
He ruffles the younger's hair and even makes it messier than it already is. He smiles and he says it's okay, because he's doing it for his Sungjongie. He raises his arms and he smells himself, then he shouts he's not smelly! But Dongwoo flings around and almost kicks Sungjong in process when trying to cover his nose. He's screaming something like, Woohyun you're the reason why this room smells like a rotten tomato storage! And the man in front of him, Woohyun, only cringes at the words and tickles Dongwoo instead, totally forgetting his own words about cooking dinner.
 
A tall person walks by him and crouches down in front of him with a glass of water and shoves it to Sungjong with a wide gummy smile plastered on his face.
 
"No, hyung! I'm the one who's supposed to be bringing you water-"
 
"Aish just drink this!" 
 
He pinches the younger's cheek then laughing hard when Sungjong almost throws the glass across the room trying to get rid of the hand on his cheeks (because he knows Sungjong hates it when someone pinches his cheeks) and decides to lie down on Howon's legs beside Sungjong. For Howon himself, it's clearly that he's enjoying everything around him because Sungjong can see him wide-eyed and laughing his heart out. He can see him hits Sungyeol's head accidentally when laughing and Sungyeol gets up and rubs his head, muttering something under his breath and Howon can only apologize while still laughing. Sungyeol then gets up and walks to the kitchen, probably to make an Americano.
 
Sungjong can only laugh along to everything around him.
 
"Sungjongie..."
 
Sungjong turns his head to the source of the voice. He can see his leader takes a seat beside him (behind the frantically-laughing Dongwoo and frantically-tickling-Dongwoo-Woohyun) with a smile spreads on his face. He feels warmth on his head, he looks up to find a palm resting on his head. The hand starts to ruffle his hair, and a chuckle is heard from the man sitting beside him. 
 
"I'm sorry hyung..."
 
"It's okay... But you need to go to practice tomorrow, okay? Even Howon skipped his practice today because he wanted to take care of you."
 
Sungjong's eyes widen and he starts shaking. His hyungs care about hom so much. It's not fair if he keeps being like this just because of this one guy leaves him behind. His heart starts to ache in remembering the name, Kim Myungsoo. But then he straightens up, drinks the water on his hand until the very last drop, lets out a confident sigh, and nods reassuringly. I can do this. Myungsoo is only gone for a year anyway,so by the time he returns, I will show him that I have become a much better person, or so Sungjong thinks.
 
Little did he know, someone smiled seeing his actions.