Missing.

When the clock strikes 3 times, I'll be home.

 

It aches. RIght on the middle. RIght on the spot where he can hear the beats. So faint, yet he's sure it's still there. He's not grateful with the condition though. He's not grateful for anything. He feels nothing. His eyes are bloodshot red, and his cheeks are soaked of tears. He's tired. He covers his eyes with an arm as he takes some steps backwards. He hits the walls and slowly falls the ground.

It's cold.

He says to himself. 

Why does everything feel so cold?

He murmurs to himself in a very low voice, only him can tell he's really speaking or not. His body is so weak. He can't even sit. He's just lying on the floor like a piece of clothing with nothing in it. No flesh, no bone, no blood. His oversized tee hung feels like  a blanket to him. He only feels his knee-length shorts covering his body. 

He puts his hand under his t-shirt, slowly putting it to the spot where it hurts the most.

It hurts.

He whispers.

Hyung, it hurts.

He whispers to himself as tears start trickling down his cheeks again. He's sick. He's so sick of everything. 

Why, hyung, why?

And he finally drifts off to another world.


He keeps swearing and cursing while trying to find something on every place he passes. Shops, bus stops, narrow streets, restaurants, bars, karaokes, parks, but he finds zero clue of what he's been looking for.

you, Lee Sungjong, where on earth are you?

He stops for a second or two trying to catch his breath then continue his search. He's so frustated. He's on the edge. He can take it no more. He reaches for his phone and dial the other's number.

'Yah, Kim Myungsoo! Don't you know what time it--' he cuts straight to the point while the other person on the line speaks.

'Is Sungjong home?'

'Bwo? Sungjong? Ani.  I thought he went out with you?'

'Well, he's supposed to be. But he never showed up since 3 hours ago and I'm running through the town half dead half alive looking for him.'

'BWO? ARE YOU SERIOUS?' The other party shouts that he seems to wake his roommate up.

'Do you think I'll be joking while panting trying to look for him in the middle of the night with a very panic expression like a tief trying to run away from a police officer? Aish.' 

'Mian--' He can't stand it. How come his hyung takes what he says as a joke? He shakes his head and continue his search.

He has been running like only-God-knows-how-long. His feet can take it no more so he just falls there on the side of the road, not caring what other people might say. His legs are shaking so bad that he has to grab onto the wall for support.

Stop it.

He thinks his legs are talking to him now. He starts hallucinating. It's the middle of the night and the air is so cold and it's already hard for breathing normally, moreover running. He can feel heat radiating from his body, his sweat makes him sparkle under the lampposts. 

.

Then suddenly something hits him. The place where he will hide. The place where he escapes the reality and just sits there in the dark. The place where he says he had never told anyone before. The place where he stole his first kiss. The place where......

He must be there.

He tells himself as he runs towards that place. If he wasn't, well, he really doesn't know where else to look. He's afraid he might give up then.


*Meanwhile in the dorm.......*

'HYUNG! WAKE UP!' He shouts right to his hyung's ears which ends up on getting a fist landing on his arm.

'WOOHYUN DON'T YOU DARE SHOUTING LIKE THAT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!' His roommate growls as he covers  his ear with pillow, really annoyed because he was actually in the middle of one of the best dreams he ever had in his entire life. And his roommate just in ruined it.

'But....' He stammers, it's almost he's choking, half crying. This surprises his roommate who immediately gets up upon hearing his roommate sobbing. He caresses his roommates' cheeks gently, apologically.

'Hey, don't cry. Mianhae~ what's wrong?' His voice is so soft and caring but worried at the same time.

'Sungjong is missing.'