Don't go.

When the clock strikes 3 times, I'll be home.

 

*Myungsoo's POV*

'SUNGJONG!'

I can see him nowhere. I don't smell anything, which is weird because he reeks of vanilla, usually, but now all I can smell is just dust and paint. I go through the house shouting his name here and there, but all I catch is just the sound of fly buzzing above the already-opened can of paint and the rattling of the window caused by the train passing by.

Yes, this is Sungjong's favorite place. His old house. Dark and small, near the railway station. He could barely get enough sleep back in those days because it's so noisy. You can hear the sound of train everywhere in the house. I sometimes found it difficult to talk to him during work hours, because the noise of the crowds from afar and the very loud noise of the train that could keep you up all night.

Sungjong loves this place, nevertheless. He said because there was just too much memories left on this house. His childhood memories, to be precise, which he always so eager to tell about.

He's not from a rich family, and his father works on the nearby railway station, that's why they had to live in this house because it's easier for his father to reach the destination by walking because they got no vehicles at home but a bike, which he usually rode to school back then.

I panicked. I couldn't catch a glimpse of him anywhere around the house. 

Ah, Sungjong's room. I step in and look out of the window, for this is also his favorite spot of the house, just like Sungjong. The view is always pretty with the lights from the railway station and the flickering lights from the city ebneath. Yes, you can say SUngjong's place is pretty much on a cliff, that's why not many of our friends like coming over because it's too tiring. 

I sigh. I can feel my tears start washing down my cheeks, until finally...

'Hyung....'

I look up in shock. It's his voice. Am I dreaming? Am I hallucinating? 

I turn around and see Sungjong sprawls on the floor motionlessly as if he's lifeless.

'SUNGJONG-AH!' I reach towards him and try to feel his pulse on his neck. It's there. Thank God.

'Hyung....' He whispers in a very low voice that even I can hardly hear it but I can see his lips moving, that's why. He slowly opens his eyes, trying to capture the image before him. He raises his hand, and I immediately catch it and place it on my cheek, which is wet from earlier.

'You're crying?' He sounds so weak and worried that it breaks my heart into tiny pieces.

I shake my head and try to compose the perfect mixture of words.

'Why did you run away?' I his dark brown hair, which is so soft, so soft that you're going to mistaken it for baby's hair.

'Hyung.......' He says as he tries to get up and sit on my lap. He pulls me into a hug and starts crying.

'ssssh... don't cry...' I pat his back and reassuring him that everything's going to be okay. He doesn't need to be worried.

'Don't...........go.......' He says in between his sobbing.

'I have to. Mianhae... Just a year and I swear to God, with my life depending on it, I will never leave Sungjongie again.' I hug him tighter, and I can feel he flinches a bit at the sudden movement. He cries harder. Oh God, I can't stand this. I can't stand hearing him cry like this. I can't stand seeing him in pain like this.

I pull back and look at him in the eyes and all I can see is puffy red eyes with tears forming on the edge. It's dark, but with the light from outside the house, I can picture his face perfectly, His soft skin, his soft pink lips that get redder because of crying. I wipe the tears from his cheeks. Oh how I hate seeing them. I wish I can swallow them all and replace them with flowers instead, so he'll look more beautiful.

 

*No one's POV*

'Hyung....' His whisper is so low, worried, yet the other can hear it. He caresses the younger's soft cheek.

'Hmmm?' The older smiles as he tries to wipe the tears off of the younger's face.

'What if..... You find another? I mean... Someone's better than me? I know I'm not perfect.....'

The older freezes hearing this. He can't believe what he just heard. He placed a small kiss on the younger's lips, afraid that something more than that will break him into pieces because he seem so fragile. Well, he's always been. He's tall and he's so slender that everyone's afraid he'll break into pieces when he stumbles upon a tiny pebble. And he looks even more fragile now.

'Sungjongie, it's always been you. No other.' He smiles reassuring the younger that everything is going to be alright. He pulls him into a hug, promising the younger.

'I'll be home soon.'

'When?' The younger starts to sob again. He can't hold back the tears. He hugs his hyung tighter as if he never wanted to let him go. As if he wanted to stay on that position forever, even if it killed him.

'When the clock strikes 3 times, I'll be home.'

'You promise?' He looks up to his hyung's eyes, looking for an answer that he probably already knows. 

His hyung only nods, and smiles, and pulls the younger to a kiss. Not a rough and lustful one, but a very caring and 'don't-worry-I'll-keep-my-promise kiss.

The younger pulls back and he chuckles a little.

He's happy. They're both happy. They wished this could last forever.  But nothing lasts forever, and this they didn't know.