Your last touch.

When the clock strikes 3 times, I'll be home.

 

*Sungjong’s POV*

I look at my phone: 2:00 AM. It’s already 2 in the morning; I bet all of my hyungs have already fallen asleep. The road I’m walking down is so quiet, there’s nobody else but me and Myungsoo-hyung. It’s so cold, which I just come to realise because I just returned to my sense not so long ago, you know. A tiny gust of wind my neck and I shudder, which Myungsoo-hyung notices.

He lets go of my hand and takes off his I-don’t-really-like-but-it’s-hyung’s-favorite scarf. I don’t understand why hyung likes the scarf so much. There’s nothing special with it. I mean, it’s just a plain cream-colored knitted scarf that you can easily find in almost every shop that sells scarf. And what I don’t like the most about it is he hasn’t washed it, like, for weeks. Only god knows how it smells.

Knowing I would refuse to wear it if he offered it he wraps the scarf around my neck gently, as if he’s afraid of choking me to death which is impossible because Hyung is naturally a very gentle person and he had never done any harm to any living creatures except he really really had to.

I don’t really like the idea of wearing it until something suddenly hits me. The smell. The smell on the scarf. It doesn’t smell weird. It smells like… Myungsoo-hyung. It’s his scent. It’ sweet. It’s something I’ve grown familiar to. It’s something that I’ve been addicted to. It’s Myungsoo-hyung’s scent. I close my eyes and stand still, putting my hands on the edge of the scarf, cherishing every scent I inhale. I love this scent. Smelling this always makes me smile, but at the same time, it also brings pain to my heart. It makes me question myself:

Will I be able to smell this scent again?

I return to reality as I feel warmth spread on my forehead. I open my eyes, and I see Hyung placing a small peck on my forehead. He my hair gently, as he finished placing the peck. He smiles. Oh God, he smiles. The smile that made me fall in love with him on the first place, the smile that turned my world 180 degrees, the smile that bid all my problems that ever existed goodbye, the smile that is just so addicting that I can’t keep my eyes off of it.

He chuckles seeing me frozen in place like that. He grabs my hand and I can feel my heart skips some beat. He pulls me closer and says let’s go home it’s already late and intertwines his fingers with mine. This moment, I realise this will be the last time I feel his touch. This is his last touch, before he leaves tomorrow morning, and I’m not sure whether I’ll be able to feel it again or not. I squeeze his hand, and try to keep up with his steps as I hold back my tears and try to erase the pressure I feel in my chest.