I can't take it anymore.

When the clock strikes 3 times, I'll be home.

 

*Sunggyu’s POV*

‘ WHERE ON EARTH IS HE?’ I can hear Sungyeol keep cursing and swearing as he frantically presses Myungsoo’s number while walking around here and there and not wanting to stop and will be causing my head to explode real soon.

‘Yah, Yeol-ssi! Sit down! You’re making my head aches!’ Woohyun can’t take it anymore. I can see it in his face that he’s as annoyed as me. My head’s been aching so much when I heard that Sungjong hasn’t returned home and he’s not with Myungsoo which means he disappears. I don’t know why, maybe it’s because I’m the eldest and he’s the maknae I feel the responsibility of keeping him safe.

‘Where did you say they go?’ Hoya asked calmly. Well, he’s not always the calmest one, but he seems like he is now. Or maybe it’s because he’s still so sleepy.

‘They didn’t go anywhere. Myungsoo waited for him and he didn’t appear.’ Woohyun is so worried, which you can tell by hearing his tone when speaking and the way he furrows his brows showing he’s feeling uncomfortable. Well, we all worried, because we are family. We’ve been together for more than 2 years now, from hard times before we debut and happy times after we win 6 Mutizen awards, we’re always together. When one of us is happy, the other 6 of us will be happy too. When one of us is in pain, so will the other 6. We’re family, right?

But when you look at Sungyeol, you can tell he’s the one who’s worried the most. Maybe it’s because he and Myungsoo have been friends since they were children, they’re like brothers. They’re really close to each other. Except the part that Myungsoo already has a boyfriend, Sungjong, who’s closer to Myungsoo, more than anyone, and…..

Our worries finally come to an end when we hear the door creaks and two figures walk in: Myungsoo and Sungjong, with smiles all over their face and their hands….

‘YAH, KIM MYUNGSOO! WHAT TIME IS IT? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? WE’RE DEAD WORRIED AND YOU’RE NOT PICKING UP YOUR PHONE!’ All of us, except Myungsoo, who seems already gotten used to it, were surprised by Sungyeol’s sudden outburst.

‘Jinjja? Mianhae hyung~.’ Myungsoo only chuckles seeing his childhood friend who scolded him for going home late. He looks around the dorm, at the 4 of us who’s sitting on the floor, worried, smiles and nods while mouthing kamsahamnida to each of us and end up being laughed at by Hoya and Dongwoo.

Dongwoo, who was lying on Hoya’s lap gets up and hits Myungsoo’s arm lightly.

‘Next time, tell us so we won’t be worried.’

*yawns*

‘Alright I’m going to bed now.’ Dongwoo waves us goodbye and goes straight to his and Myungsoo’s room. He’s always been an easy-sleeper: easy to sleep, so difficult to wake up.

Sungyeol falls flat on the floor, wriggling with a very pissed expression, messing his own hair and shouting,’Pabo Myungsoo! PABO PABO!’

Seeing this, Myungsoo lets go of Sungjong’s hand who seems not wanting to let it go and even squeezes the other’s hand tighter but Myungsoo doesn’t feel it. He doesn’t feel the squeeze. He doesn’t feel the worry in his lover’s hand. He doesn’t know that Sungjong hasn’t been feeling comfortable about him letting go of his hand. He seems like he doesn’t care.

Myungsoo comes towards Sungyeol and starts kicking his friend’s waist.

‘YAH WHAT ARE YOU DOING?’ He looks so happy, unlike his lover.

He’s going tomorrow, and the six of us knows that, except Sungjong. He didn’t want Sungjong to know, but seems like he already found out because he’s been hanging his head low. He keeps looking down on the floor, and not even caring to look at us who’s more worried at him because he’s the maknae and eventhough he looks so strong, inside, he’s just a kid.

Woohyun runs towards the maknae and pulls him into a hug. After a while, he lets go of him.

‘Yah, Sungjongie, gwaenchanayo?’ He looks worried. Even from his back I can tell he’s worried. I’m his roommate, you know. Even just by hearing to his tone I can tell that he’s so worried.

Sungjong moves in, taking his shoes off and sits beside me while pulling Woohyun’s hand. He nods, and there’s a small smile created on his face. A small smile that sends chills down my spine. A small smile that makes the butterflies in my stomach goes crazy.

I his soft brown hair and blink, few times, trying to cherish the image before me. How beautiful you are, Lee Sungjong, I think to myself.

Wait, what, what am I thinking? I shake my head and try regaining my senses again. Pabo Sunggyu.

*No one’s POV*

Sungyeol gets up with a very happy smile plastered on his face and grab Myungsoo by the neck. God, they do look like brothers. Seeing this, Sungjong gasps a bit, making the eldest beside him flinches.

‘What’s wrong?’

‘Nothing.’ Ah, but Sungjong only smiles. He always does. He never showed anyone that he’s sad, or in pain, or hurt, or anything negative like that, because he ‘s the epicentrum of happiness in the dorm.

Woohyun looks up from the magazine he’s been reading and stares at Sungjong.

‘Bwo, hyung? Why are you looking at me like that?’

‘Your eyes…’

Hearing this, the eldest turns his head to the maknae’s direction. Seeing what’s the problem with his eyes, checking what his roommate has just mentioned. They’re puffy. Eventhough they’re no longer red, they’re puffy.

He doesn’t think much, he puts his hands on the maknae’s cheeks. He stares deep into his eyes, until the maknae is a bit creeped out.

‘Hyung! I am fine ><’

He takes the maknae’s hand and takes him out of the house, not caring the shouting from his roommate and his other bandmates. He runs. Runs. Runs. He just wants to bring him away from this madness. He wants the maknae to tell him all. He wants the maknae to stop lying. He wants to maknae to stop faking smile and saying I’m okay while he knows that he’s not. He doesn’t even care about the maknae shouting behind him, trying to catch his breath and trying not to fall every time he stumbles upon tiny rocks.

He’s gone mad, and he’s going to regret this. The leader tells himself.