7

Is This Love?

 

Kerry’s P.O.V

I woke up the next morning to the warm, golden sunshine streaming through a crack in the cream coloured curtains.  I lay watching the shadows dance silently on the walls while the songbirds in the trees chirped brightly out in the open.  Eventually, I hauled myself out of bed and pulled on the clothes Su-Ji and I chose the day before.

The door creaked a little as I opened it; I clenched my teeth, praying that I hadn’t disturbed anyone.  I quietly tiptoed across the landing to Su-Ji’s room and opened it slowly peeping round the wood.

“Aaaack!!” Chin-Ho yelped, desperately pulling his duvet round himself.

I gasped, closed the door as fast as I could and scampered back to my room.  I could feel my cheeks burning with embarrassment and shock.

Su-Ji knocked on the door not that long after and let herself in.

“Morning,” She smiled sleepily.  “I thought today we could nip into town and... Kerry, are you alright?”

I gulped nervously, “Yeah, fine, I’m okay.”

She didn’t look convinced.  “Mhm... Yeah, I was thinking we could nip into town before band practice and get anything you need.”

“Sounds great!” I responded as casually as I could, before she left to get ready.