13

Is This Love?

Kerry's P.O.V

The room went quiet and everyone looked at me, forcing me to wake up from my day dream.

"Kerry, you're British," Su-Ji said walking towards me.

I nodded slowly, slightly confused.

"How do you say that?" She stabbed her finger into the paper she was holding.

"Shooting..." I read aloud.

"Hehehehe, you're both wrong," She laughed.  "Right, come on, lets get on with it!!"

The rest of the night went pretty smoothly with them only stopping once to get coffee.  Once they'd decided to call it a night we all poured out the door, headed over to Eun-Mi's house and said our final goodbyes there.

"It was nice to meet you, Kerry. Maybe see you soon?" Eun-Mi said, giving me a hug.

Su-Ji and I didn't stay long as we had to be back before 10pm and it was already 9:45; We stopped briefly outside the park to see the sun set behind the trees before continuing round the corner.

"Evening," Chin-Ho greeted us, peeping over the newspaper he was reading.  

Su-Ji smirked and we went upstairs for some quiet time.  I still hadn't quite adjusted to the time difference and could feel my eyes slowly beginning to close as I lay sprawled on Su-Ji's bed.  I couldn't take it anymore:

"Gaah, Su-Ji, I'm sorry to be a bore, but I'm tired.  I'm gonna have to head off."

"Aww, okay. See you tomorrow then," She nodded understandingly and smiled.

 

When I closed her door, Chin-Ho appeared from downstairs, my stomach did a somersault when we made eye contact; his deep brown eyes sparkled when he smiled and said goodnight.  I so wanted to give him a hug... but, me being me, I was too shy to.  I politely said goodnight and continued to my room to get ready for bed.  

As I snuggled under my duvet I heard a faint crinkle; I jumped out of bed and pulled everything off it revealing a paper crane.

"How on earth did that get there?" I asked myself, frowning a little.

Shaking my head, I put the paper crane on my bedside table, climbed back into bed and closed my eyes.