Minstal (iii)

She vs Expectation & Reality

"Ugg! Just leave me alone!" She says angrily turning around. He grabs her arm. "Krystal, just tell me what I did wrong?" he asks softly. She shrugs out of his grip, mumbles something and walks toward the kitchen, not bothering to look back.

 

Krystal walks up to the counter, puts her elbows on it and buries her face in her hands. Taemin walks in."What's wrong? You look angry." he asks, taking a juice out of the fridge. "Minho is being such a pain…" she mumbles through her fingers.

 

Taemin walks over and casually leans against the counter beside her. He crosses his arms over his stomach. "What did he do now?" he asks as if it's routine by now. Krystal looks up at Taemin staring down at her. She barely smiles, turns around and leans against the counter next to him.

 

"You know what…maybe…I may just need some air." she replies, clearly not wanting to talk about it. She snatches Taemin's juice out of his hand and walks out.

 

"Thanks for the talk! Oh, and the juice!" she playfully says over her shoulder and waves the juice bottle above her head.

 

"Hey! That's my juice!" Taemin calls behind her, but she's already walked out the sliding doors. He laughs faintly and walks over to the refrigerator to get him another bottle of juice.

 


 

Thirteen months…it's been thirteen months!

 

Minho and Krystal have been dating for thirteen months. They seemed so perfect at first, but around month eleven, they started fighting non-stop and no one really knew what was wrong.

 

Since Krystal has been busy with the boys all this time, she never really went to her girlfriends about boy problems anymore. She would just go to Taemin. He was always there for her. He always listened when she talked. He was her shoulder to cry on.

 

Though Minho didn't notice it, everyone else saw how close Krystal and Taemin had become in these past few months. People were starting to speculate, some even called Krystal a "two-timing " It's sad to see how 'close friends' can be so hypocritical.

 

Krystal only saw this as a friendship, calling Taemin one of her best friends. Nothing else. But no one else thought so.

 


 

After two hours, Taemin finds Krystal on a couch in the living room, sobbing at an episode of That Winter, The Wind Blows. He walks over and sits on a couch opposite from her. Krystal decides to ignore him. Not saying anything, Taemin's just staring at her, forcing Krystal to look at him.

 

"What?" she asks through her tears.

 

"I've seen this episode. It's probably the funniest one ever. There's nothing to cry about."

 

"Shut up." Krystal answers bluntly, knowing where he is going with this.

 

"Now, are you gonna tell me what this really is about?" he asks calmly and moves closer to her.

 

"What is what about? I'm crying…I'm a girl, give me a break…" Krystal replies after a few seconds.

 

"Krystal," Taemin says, takes the remote and pauses the TV, "you're not crying over Oh Soo…I know that…what did Minho do?"

 

 

Krystal lets out a big sigh, knowing that Taemin's not gonna give in. He gets up and seats himself next to her.

 

"I can't let you walk around with that frown, knowing that you can talk this out with me."

 

Before she starts talking, Krystal lets out another sigh.

 

"Minho…he's just…I don't know!" she starts.

 

"Relax…it's just you and me…think straight before you talk and try to keep it rational…please…I still have a bruise on my arm." Taemin says, rubbing over a bruise under his right elbow.

 

"I didn't do that!" Krystal lets out and playfully hits his arm. He laughs then turns his face serious again. He lifts his right eyebrow, waiting for her to start talking.

 

"Fine…" she says, "Minho…he's…being…rude…" she finally gets out through her tears, which are coming more rapidly now.

 

"What'd he do?" Taemin asks sympathetically as he sees the tears roll down Krystal's face.

 

"He never listens when I speak…and he doesn't take me seriously…it's so aggravating!" She responds, the vulnerability in her voice now turning into frustration.

 

"Hey…calm down…Minho's just being a guy. He's probably just confused." Taemin says softly and wipes a tear from Krystal's face.

 

"About what, Tae?" she asks helplessly.

 

"I don't know! You probably confuse him. You're too amazing…and now he can't understand how something so perfect can be real." he replies with a smile and caresses her light-brown hair.

 

Krystal smiles sweetly and wipes away her tears with her sleeve.

 

"You're so nice…thank you, Taemin. You're the best. But…I'm tired of fighting with him! I don't want to go through this every other day! It's killing me!"

 

"Don't worry…this is just a phase…I promise. It'll pass…" Taemin says caringly. He puts his arm around Krystal and pulls her into a comforting hug.

 

Meanwhile, Sehun, who is visiting, walks by and sees the two of them.

 

Krystal always got the feeling that Sehun didn't like her very much. He would some days totally ignore her or when she would say something, he would make unnecessary, offensive comments under his breath. It never really bothered her, though.

 

As Sehun sees Taemin hugging Krystal, he snorts, "Should've known…"

 

She turns around and sees Sehunn ascending up the stairs.

 

"What's his deal?" she asks confused.

 

"…I don't know…" Taemin replies, equally confused.

 

"Hyun…we've gotta talk…" Sehun says as he sees Minho coming out of his room.

 

"Sure, what's up man?" Minho asks casually.

 

"It's about Krystal…" Sehun replies and looks at Minho with the same look he had the day Minho told his family that he and Krystal  are dating. Minho can hear the urgency in his voice and walks back into his room, followed by Sehun.

 

"I don't know if you've checked your replies on Twitter lately…but people have been tweeting you…" he says seriously.

 

"Uhm…well…that's kind of obvious…" Minho says, not completely understanding what Sehun is trying to say.

 

"…they've been tweeting you…telling you that you should hold on to your girlfriend."

 

"What are you talking about, Sehun?" Minho asks.

 

"They're telling you that you can't let your…brother…take your girlfriend…" Sehun says hesitantly, not knowing how Minho's gonna react.

 

"What do you mean? Sehun? What?" Minho asks, both confused and angry.

 

Sehun nods.

 

"You haven't seen the news recently, have you? Pictures of Taemin and Krystal…going out for lunch and dinner started surfacing." he says.

 

"Well…they're just friends...Sehun…no big deal…" Minho  says, trying to convince himself at the same time.

 

"Minho! Open your eyes! Where do you think Krystal is when she's not with you? She's with Taemin! They're always together!" Sehun lets out; frustrated that Minho is not getting what he's trying to say.

 

"Stop it, Sehun!" Minho yells. He can't bear to hear that his girlfriend is 'hanging around' with his brother. "Taemin wouldn't betray me like that! Nor would Krystal!" he adds.

 

"Oh really? I don't think so! Krystal probably misled Taemin into her deviousness"

 

"Don't you dare call Krystal devious! Get out of my room, Sehun." Minho says angrily and points to his door.

 

"You're in denial, Minho. Just hear me out!" Sehun says, still trying to convince his brother.

 

"Leave, Sehun…" Minho growls trough his gritted teeth. Sehun gives up, sighs and walks out the door.

 

Minho goes and sits on his bed. He buries his face in his hands. He's so confused. What was Sehun talking about? How could he not have noticed Krystal and Taemin? Would they do that? Behind his back? Can he still trust them? Why is Sehun messing with his head?

 

After a while Minho's though gets interrupted by a knock on the door.

 

"Hey…" Taemin is standing at the door. Minho lifts his face from his hands and looks Taemin's way.

 

Would Taemin really do that? Deceive him? His own brother? Taemin never seemed like the type of person that would do that…

 

Taemin walks over and sits on the chair across from Minho's bed.

 

"Hyung…we've got to talk…" he says. This is the second time Minho has heard those words. He can't help but wonder what Taemin is about to say. Is he gonna lie to him?

 

"What's up?" Minho asks, trying to act natural.

 

"It's about Krystal…" Taemin says and looks at Minho concerned.

 

Minho can't help but feel his blood gradually boiling.

 

Taemin takes a deep breath before he starts.

 

"You're breaking the girl's heart, Minho…" he says through his breath.

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"Minho…" Taemin sighs again, "Never mind…you'll have to talk this out with her…"

 

He just couldn't get it over his heart to tell Minho. Something in his will told him not to do it.

 

"What? Taemin…don't leave me hanging?" Minho says confused as Taemin gets up and starts walking towards the door.

 

"Just…ask Krystal…" Taemin says and walks out the door.

 

Great. More confusion for Minho. What is going on? Everybody seems to know what's going on in his life, except him.

 


 

It's their day off and Krystal decided to go out with Suzy and some friends. It's been four days since she and Minho fought. Probably cause he seemed to be avoiding her for two days. She needed something to relieve her stress.

 

It's 10pm and Krystal is still not home yet. Minho starts to stress.

 

"She's not picking up her phone…Where is she?" he says frustrated, pacing up and down the room.

 

"Relax, hyung. It's not like Krystal has curfew or anything. She'll probably be home any minute now!" Taemin, who's lying in front of the TV, replies calmly.

 

Not too long after that, Krystal comes in the front door. She takes off her coat and throws her keys on the table.

 

"Hey guys." she says casually. Taemin waves from the couch where he's lying. inho quickly gets up and hugs her, just relieved that everything's ok.

 

"Hey…where have you been?" he asks. Taemin takes this as his queue to get out. He creeps up the stairs so Minho and Krystal don't take notice.

 

As quickly as Minho hugged Krystal, he pushes her away from him.

 

"You smell like alcohol…have you been drinking?" he asks angrily. Krystal can't believe he just said that.

 

"What the hell, Minho! I was hanging out with Suzy and some friends! I didn't have alcohol!" Krystal replies defensively.

 

"You've been drinking!" Minho lets out, still not believing Krystal.

 

"I said underage. That means no alcohol! Look it up, Minho! Ugg…" she says, now angry.

 

"Don't lie to me,Krystal…" Minho says with a mad look in his eyes.

 

 

"I'm not lying! What the heck, Minho!" she says angrily, turning her back on him and starts walking away.

 

Minho crosses his arms.

 

"You know I never really did approve of your friends…" he retorts as if he wants to get in the last words.

 

Krystal "What did you just say?" she asks through gritted teeth.

 

"I said—"

 

"I heard what you said!" Krystal interrupts Minho furiously.

 

"Don't you ever insult my friends again! At least they listen to me when I talk!" she lets out.

 

"What are you talking about?" Minho asks confused.

 

"Oh…my…god…" Krystal says, not believing what she's hearing, "You never listen to me, Minho! I could be dying and you probably wouldn't even know! You're always going on about yourself. It's Minho this and Minho that! You say you love me so much, huh? Well how about showing that every now and then?"

 

Minho stands dumbfounded. He can't believe his ears.

 

"Krystal…I—"

 

"No, let me finish!" she interrupts him again; "You never seem to be interested in me anymore! You never ask me how my day was or how I'm doing. No more compliments…when was the last time you kissed me, huh? You don't know? Oh, well that's convenient, isn't it? It's just you, you, you!" she takes a breath before she continues. "This feels like a one person relationship" she starts, her tone of voice changes from harsh, frustration and anger to sadness and helplessness; "Like I was just your flavor of the week…like I was just another girl Shinee Minho dated…Do you know how that makes me feel?" she asks. A tear rolls down Krystal's cheek. She feels torn. Like this is the final straw. Like her and Minho's relationship is coming to an end…

 

Minho looks at Krystal. He feels pained.

 

"Krystal…you don't understand…"

 

"You're right, Minho! I don't understand. I mean…this felt perfect! It was all as if it was meant to be…we were so happy, Minho…now we fight almost every day…you've changed so much…you're not the person I fell in love with a year ago…it hurts…" she sobs through her last words as the tears are coming more rapidly now.

 

Minho stares at Krystal, speechless. He knows he was wrong. He pulls Krystal into a hug. She tries to push him away, but he just holds her tighter. She buries her face in his chest and Minho can feel her softly sobbing against his body.

 

What Krystal just said, hit him like a rock. A big rock. This is why they have these endless fights. This is why she always seems mad at him. He is the reason she's sad. He is the reason she is crying.

 

"Krystal…" Minho whispers after a few minutes. He lets go of Krystal and she looks up at him.

 

"Can I talk now?" he asks, still whispering, with a small smile. She smiles faintly and nods, wiping away her tears with her sleeve.

 

They go sit down and Krystal waits for Minho to start.

 

"Krystal…I realize…I've gone too far…" Minho starts to confess.

 

"I'm…I'm just a little lost…It feels like I've lost myself. I don't know who I am anymore. I've been such a huge jerk to you and I'm so sorry babe…I've been going through some…personal struggles." he says, and looks down in shame.

 

"Then why didn't you just tell me, Minho?" Krystal asks sympathetically and gently the side of his face. She feels kind of guilty for going off on him like that.

 

"I don't know…I guess…I was ashamed…"

 

"Minho…" Krystal says softly as she can see Minho's face sadden at every word that comes from his mouth.

 

"I'm sorry for not trusting you…I think because I couldn't trust myself; I took it out on you. I was a fool to think you'd go behind my back…with my own brother…" he says, still not looking up. He quietly laughs at himself.

 

"Go behind your back? What, you mean cheat on you? With Taemin? What?" Krystal is totally confused.

 

"Yeah…c'mon, you know what I'm talking about." Minho looks up for the first time. "You don't?" Krystal shakes her head in confusion.

 

"Well…you and Taemin became super close! Sehun said you guys were almost inseparable! Everyone thought you were cheating on me…with Taemin…" Minho explains.

 

Krystal laughs a little then looks at Minho's hurt face.

 

"I'm not dating Taemin…I promise…he's just a very good friend." she sighs.

 

"Taemin has been there for me when I was heartbroken, hurt and confused. He was the one I went to, to cry after we had fought. He was always there for me and he listened when I talked. He's like my brother." she says with a reassuring smile on her face.

 

"Oh, thank God!" Minho gasps.

 

"…and about me not listening to you…that was just my jerk face attitude. I don't know what is up with me. I'm so moody and I get angry so fast. " he says.

 

"You sure you aren't pregnant?" Krystal asks jokingly and pokes Minho's stomach. He chuckles a little.

 

"No, I'm pretty sure I'm not…" he says with a grin.

 

"Well…since you told me what is really going on…I forgive you. And I promise I'll be the best girlfriend I can be…I'll support you, I'll be there for you…until we've got these things resolved, kay?" Krsytal says with a sweet smile.

 

"You already are the best girlfriend there'll ever be! I was the one who was too much of a coward to open up to you. I can't believe you're actually forgiving me…" Minho says relieved.

 

"Yeah…just promise me you'll tell me when something's wrong, because I can't stand fighting with you. It kills me." Krystal responds with a serious face.

 

"Me too…it may have seemed as if I didn't care, but at night I couldn't sleep, cause I knew what I was doing was so wrong and hurtful…once again…I'm so sorry…I know that doesn't help much, but I'm really, truly, sorry for putting you through all this."

 

"The things we put up with for love, eh?" Krystal replies with a kind smile.

 

"Oh, I almost forgot…" Minho lifts Krystal's chin and kisses her sweetly.

 

"That was the last time I kissed you…" he smiles. Krystal blushes slightly and smiles back at Minho.

 

 

I make this story long time ago before I'm into kpop world. I'm still learning of making fanfic before and it turns out weird? hahaha

Please ignore if there is an alien name since I just change the name and some parts so I more sound like Korean life styles XD

Just enjoy even though it's dang - bad 

(130215)