5

You're My Ideal Type

 

Thank you minyoungunnie and bmischevious for commenting (again haha). <3 The comments are sooo appreciated!! <3

Your POV

After I made their breakfast the next day, I left it in their apartments. The managers were already awake and told me they would wake up the boys shortly. They gave me a list of things to do while the boys were carrying out their schedule. I sat down on the couch and unfolded the little piece of paper.

My jaw dropped.

 No one would believe how many things were on that list. Do the laundry, sort and dump the garbage and recycling, make the boys’ beds, make lunch and deliver it to their practice room, and the list just went on forever. I could hear the sound of the 12 boys upstairs walking around through the roof of my apartment. An hour later, it was silent again; the boys had left for their schedule. And so I began my chores. I headed to K’s dorm first. One peek inside and I wanted to run away. These boys were pigs.  Dishes were all over the apartment, food crumbs everywhere. Clothes were messily thrown on to the floors of their bedrooms. Their bathroom desperately needed to be scrubbed down and air freshener was going to be a necessity. And so the day began.

When I got to M’s dorm, I was relieved for several reasons. All the dishes were in the sink, clothes neatly tucked away, and the beds were already made. It was then that I decided that it was probably the soul-piercing stare that Kris had that prompted the other 5 boys to be neater than the average boy. Or at least neater then their Korean counterparts were.

Hours passed and the cleaning was finished. FINALLY. The laundry was folded neatly and placed out in a basket.  I headed out the door to deliver the sandwiches I made for the boys. At the front desk I showed my employee ID and headed up to the dance room on the 3rd floor. I poked my head in- the boys from EXO-M were practicing while EXO-K was watching from the side and sipping water.

I was amazed with their skill at dancing and the song playing was really catchy. Suddenly, the boys began to shake their hands inside of their pockets, making their sweatpants look as though they were flapping in the wind. At this, I let out a laugh. Baekhyun was the first to hear me.

“Oh! Kajin-ah! What’s up?” I stepped over the threshold of the door and held up the plastic bag full of sandwiches and juice. Everyone stopped dancing and the other 11 boys began to crowd around me for a sandwich. Everyone sat in content, eating.

“Kajin!” someone called out to me. One of the managers was approaching me, a small rectangular box in hand. “I got these for you. They’re just a small compilation of the interviews and showcases that EXO has done. You should watch it,” he said with a cheerful smile. I looked at the box.

“Do I have to?” I half-groaned.

“C’mon, they’re pretty interesting if you ask me. And wouldn’t you want to know a little about what the people you work for do?” he prodded.

“I think it’s pretty self explanatory what a singer does,” I returned.

“Just do it, Kajin-ah,” he smiled.

“Fine….” I muttered. Why did I have to watch their performances? It doesn’t affect my job whether I do or don’t. Aish, this manager.

It was getting late, and EXO hadn’t returned yet. I sighed, looking at the dinner that was threatening to go cold. I placed it on the stove and turned it on a low setting so that it would stay warm. I suppose I should wait for them to come back before I go to bed. I decided to wait in EXO-M’s apartment simply because the mess that I had to clean in EXO-K’s left a mental scar. I spotted the box of DVDs that the manager had given me and slipped the first one in. It was a compilation of the teasers. A lot of them were of Kai dancing and I even saw some with Tao doing some pretty kick- wushu. I had to admit, I was really impressed. The next DVD was of the show case they had in Korea. I laughed indefinitely at Tao’s aegyo. Never in a million years had I thought he would be doing anything of the sort.

Finally I slipped in the DVD labeled Interviews and began watching. I laughed here and there and smiled.

“What’s your ideal type?” an interviewer asked. My ears perked up at the question. That was the question Tao asked me when we first met. Hmm. No wonder. Actually the question came up twice on the DVD, but they each had separate answers. The first time around he said he didn’t want to date and the next time around he said he liked a pretty girl. God, boys are so confusing.

My eyes began to droop. The clock showed that it was nearly midnight. Before I knew it, I drifted from consciousness into dreamland.

TAO POV

It was ten after midnight and we finally were going home after a long day of practice. Manager-gege opened the door and I followed close behind. The guys behind me were being loud and rowdy. Something about a zombie apocalypse. I spotted Kajin sleeping on the couch, an interview of ours playing on the TV. I immediately turned around.

“Guys! Shut up! Kajin’s asleep!” I shushed.

“What’s she doing here still?” Luhan asked.

“She was waiting for you guys to come back, stupid,” the manager said from the kitchen, “she made you guys’ dinner. I think she didn’t want it to burn.” I felt kind of bad that she had to wait for us and I know I wasn’t the only one.

“I’ll take her back to her apartment,” I volunteered. And so, the other members helped put Kajin on my back. I held on to her legs and practically piggybacked her to her apartment. Then I was faced with a dilemma. Her keys were in her pocket. I bent over a little more so that her weight was shifted onto my back and I reached back, trying to find her pocket. It’s more awkward than you would think. I think I finally found her pocket and tried to wiggle my finger in to grab the keys.

Then she woke up. Great timing. She screamed and pushed her arms off my back, throwing the both of us off balance and before you know it, we’re on the ground. She landed on her back, my back fallen firmly onto her stomach. She groaned.

“Ow…Tao, get off.” I sat up and she followed suit. “What the hell were you doing?” she groaned crankily.

“Taking you back to your apartment, that’s what. You fell asleep in our dorm, pabo.” She scratched the back of her neck and stood up. I did the same. She unlocked the door and turned to face me one last time for the night.

“Um..thanks,” she muttered. I smiled at her. She bowed and closed the door. Then I left to go join the others. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, this chapter was a little boring >//< Sorry!!!! I was having a little writer's block recently :3 I promise to write a better chapter next time~~ subscribe! comment, for comments are loved <3 tell me what you think!!