Korea, Here I Come

Sibling Rivalry

In these past couple of weeks, I did everything properly at home and at school (basically anywhere there are people), but it just didn't feel right. I felt fake! I know I'm just changing my speech and ... My actions... But that's huge for me. I AM respectful! I proved it with Grams! It's just that I thought I was CLOSE to Bi Oppa, so I dropped the honorifics without asking him.  I feel bad for it now, but no one will understand now so... I'll just fix myself permanently. No more disrespect!

It didn't take long for the day to go to Korea to come. I would go to Grams' house everyday to see Suhan, do a little flirting (just kidding, I don't know how to). When I said goodbye to them it hurt almost as much as it did when I left my family back in Canada to train in America. It was hard for me to leave my loved ones behind, and... I guess Suhan and Grams were partly family to me now. Every night I would imagine getting married to him and ACTUALLY being family with them. Then I could take them to Korea with me, so that I could have someone to talk to. It's not like the Unni's don't listen, but in about two weeks, I had a pretty strong bond with Grams and her grandson. It wasn't hard, with the way they treated me... As if I belonged.

On the plane ride that took about sixteen hours, everyone fell asleep except for me. It was like a curse, I could never sleep on planes, no matter how long. Ever since I could remember, I was always the only one awake in my family. Later I started traveling on my own, but that didn't make a difference, so it's not because I think my brother will pull a prank on me. I don't know if it's because I have some sort of subconscious fear of heights or something, but this is really tiring. I was sitting at the window side after insisting, the whole ride to the plane, so Jihoon Oppa switched spots with me. It's not like he moved far, we were sitting right next to each other anyway. After a couple of hours of watching sad movies that reminded me of Suhan, I started tearing up all over again. I dug out tissues from the black backpack I had in front of me. I had decided to go with the comfortable look rather than the I'm-too-cool-for-comfy look. If I was anywhere but a plane, I would have been asleep in an hour (another problem I have, I can't sleep very fast... At all).

Soon, I had to go to the bathroom from all the water I was drinking, and Jihoon Oppa was as stretched out as possible. His legs were covering the area I would need to get through to the washroom. I didn't want to wake him up in case he got mad, but I didn't know how else to pass by him. I imagined a bunch of ways, like crawling over him, but that would look weird for the rest of the passengers. I decided to give going through his legs a shot. I was facing him in case he woke up and saw my in his face. That would have been embarrassing. The seat in front of Jihoon Oppa wasn't helping me at all in this situation. I had to bend a little forward while crab walking to the aisle. Right when I was centered in front of Jihoon Oppa, the seat behind me pushed back and hit my . Oh , I thought right before falling forward with my eyes shut tight. About five seconds later, I slowly opened my eyes. They were shaking, and I noticed that my hands were on either side of his head. He was still sleeping. I let out a big sigh right on his face, my eyes widened seeing his hair move as if he was in a storm. I counted to three in my head before trying to force myself back up. Yes! I thought too early, because apparently the person behind me was still pushed back and I had no room to stand up. I landed two inches from Jihoon Oppa's face. Well, I guess I'm stu-

"What are you doing?" I heard him mumble without opening his eyes. I guess the second tremor did the trick.

"Bianhamnida," I whispered while thinking admiring your lips, what do you think? "I'm just stuck because of the seat behind me. It's pushed too far back." I started biting my lips thinking about how perfect he looked with his eyes closed so gently. His lips were so full, I had never noticed what a beautiful man I had as a boss.

"Okay," he said and moved his legs. He held his hands out while slowly opening his eyes. Suddenly freezing in place his hands were an inch from my waist. He just noticed the close proximity of our faces. His perfect one, and my puffy one from crying. "Uhh, here," he said helping me up.

"Thanks," I said crab walking out into the aisle. I started hyperventilating, and ran to the bathroom that was occupied. I couldn't even turn around to see his expression, so now I don't know to what extent he's mad at me. Oh well, I thought when it was finally my turn to do my business.