Awwwkwaaard...

Sibling Rivalry

(A/N: Since I have a case study due tomorrow... actually technically its due today because it's like 2 am right now, I obviously feel like wasting my time with other fun things to do... like continuing my story! I already have the basic outline of this chapter in my head but its always tough to put into words when I didn't get much sleep the night before:) I'll try my best so that anyone that's reading can understand what's going on;D So here goes...)

"Mianhae..." I heard... Wait a minute, that wasn't Jihoon Oppa's voice! I looked up slowly once more to confirm what I saw but I realised that it ACTUALLY wasn't Bi. "Are you okay?" he asked concern filling his voice.

"Omo! Oh! I'm so sorry! I thought you were Bi!" I stood up really fast to bow and got a head rush. "Whoa..." I said holding onto the wall. When my vision returned to normal, I noticed the guy's clothes. He had white capris and a shirt that could only be described as weird... and maybe furry, "Hey didn't you just perform?" I asked excited. 

He got shy and got interested in the designs on the floor all of a sudden. "Yeah..." he said.

"That was an amazing performance! You guys were amazing! It was my first time hearing you, but I couldn't help but sing along!" I complimented.

"We've only been performing for a month now," he said blushing. He was scratching his head not knowing what else to do.

"Wow!" I said, "You must have practiced a lot!" He nodded sheepishly. There was an awkward silence that helped me remember I needed to go find Jihoon Oppa and my members... old and new. "Well..." I said awkwardly, "I guess I have to go now, I wouldn't want to be abandoned here with no ride home."

He only nodded in response while I turned to leave. I waved and ran to the seats that my members were occupying and was relieved to find them there, but I was also sad to leave that guy I just met. I scrunched up my face when I couldn't put a name on him... Why didn't I ask him his name?! I got mad at myself. The one thing I had to ask and I didn't! I must have seemed so rude! On second thought... he didn't ask my name either. Phew! Dodged a bullet! Wouldn't want a sunbae to hold a grudge on me. I kept thinking though, and as I thought, I also noticed that he really DIDN'T ask my name. Why? Am I that unattractive? What's wrong with me? Why didn't he like me? I mean I definitely liked him. Wait what? I liked him? More importantly... he didn't like me?

I shook my head to clear my mind of these stupid thoughts that wouldn't be good for my career, when I noticed that they were all staring at me. I blushed and looked down noticing that I was making faces into the air while thinking again. "Did you want something?" I asked in my least snappy voice when I could calm my burning cheeks down.

"We want to leave," Hana Unni said firmly.

"Oh Mianhae,"  I said in a soft tone and got out of my seat so that we could leave the building and return to the dorm to have a nice long talk. It was raining outside, but I didn't care, all I had on my mind was questions. Questions about why this new guy hated me, was I annoying? Ugly? Did I offend him in some way? Ugh! I shook my head once more before entering the huge van. Taking my place in the back I rested my head against the wondow.

On the way back home, everyone was awkwardly quiet. Even with my thoughts accompanying me, I could feel the air getting tense. "So," I said to the new girls, "What were your names again?" Ohmygod I hate small talk! But nothing is as bad as awkward silence so it up Mini!

"I'm Kim Yoonmi and this is Yoon Gayun," the one next to me introduced pointing.

I nodded saying, "My name is Bi Mini... but please don't call me by my full name... it sounds like bikini," I made a pouty face and sighed. Trying to be friendly I continued, " I'm the maknae... well I was the maknae, I don't know anymore... I was born in May of 1994, you?" I asked Yoonmi.

She finally gave a warm smile making me feel much more at ease and said, "Your still the maknae then I'm a 93-er and Unni is a 92-er." I think she thought I was cute. Well that makes one person, I thought remembering the incident in the hallway for the thousandth time in the past hour. I smiled back showing some teeth.

"When we get home you guys can pick rooms, but then again there's only one spot left in my room and one or two in the master bedroom," I said trying to remember who was in which room.

"There's two beds left in our room and one bed left in theirs," Jaehwa Unni finally joined our conversation. "So if you guys don't want to split up you can join our room, or if you think it will be too crowded, which you shouldn't, then you can pick whichever one you like more. Let me tell you though, Mini talks in her sleep, and she also sleep walks and sleeps in weird positions. So she might like climb up to your bed and like lie down on your head or something while she has a wet dream about her crush," she explained with a wide smile on her face.

The new girls forced smiles on their faces. "They don't find it very funny unni, " I said with a laugh.

"Ani ani!" They both said at the same time whil waving their arms around frantically, as if that would be a good enough explanation to their behaviour. "It was funny, but we're kind of shy... I guess," they continued.

"Kind of?" Jaehwa Unni asked with a brow lifted to her hairline (never understood how she could do that).

"Very," they assured her with a worried smile.

"That's better," she said acting as if she was a very strict leader. Turning around to face the front again, Jaehwa Unni crossed her arms in front of her.

The girls looked worried so I comforted them, "It's all an act, she's not actually mad," I said feeling very experienced with the other members. I could tutor these girls on the other members' behaviours if needed. They were so cute being all worried and stuff. I smiled and turned back to my window thinking, my job here was done. No more awkward silence. They were all talking amongst themselves again.

***

At home I wanted to call my parents and talk to them a little... but mostly I just wanted to talk to my twin brother Mike. I wanted to ask him about what that hallway guy thought about me. He would know... but I don't have a phone yet. I guess that's something I'll have to remember to do tomorrow I thought as I pulled my covers over me at 6 pm and drifted off into a restless sleep in my new cozy room.