Danger

Sibling Rivalry

Wednesday morning I woke up at 6:00 AM to see if there were any dishes to be washed before going to school. If we had enough space to put a dishwasher in this tiny kitchen, I would have gladly paid for it out of my own pocket... but we don't. I guess I'm just going to have to it up for now.

I walked to the living room in my tank top and sweatpants that I hadn't changed out of yet to clean up a little bit of the clutter. I plucked a blanket right off the yellow couch, only to hear a moan. I almost let out a long shriek that would wake up the whole neighbourhood, until I noticed it was just JiHoon Oppa.

"What are you still doing here?!" I whisper scolded (still had control over my voice thank God!), "are you crazy? I could have died of a heart attack when I heard you moan." I was still trying to calm my nerves while the blanket was still in my hands instead of covering him up.

"Sorry," he said with his arms stretched out in front him now.

"What?" I asked, "Hug? What do you want?" I was confused, plus I was only wearing a tank top, so it felt weird to hug him (no matter how hot he is, he's still my boss).

"Don't be so full of yourself," he replied, "I'm just cold." He snatched the blanket right out of my hands and turned around to bury his head into the couch.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I must have woken you up, then made you cold. Where are my manners?" I bowed down and said, "I'm sorry, I was wrong... now, did I pass my test?"

"Nope."

"What?!"

"Fix your tone," he turned to face me, "and don't try to play around with me. I'm twelve tears older than you, get back to your senses." He said that last part shaking my shoulders back and forth.

"You're right," I answered.

"I am?" he asked bewildered.

"Yes, you are twelve years older than me, that makes you as old as my uncle," I smiled as I turned to leave.

"Yah!" he yelled as I walked towards the stairs, "I'm not old! You hear me?!"

"Arayo! Arayo! My uncle's young!" I ran upstairs and got ready for school.

Uniforms aren't that bad, I thought as I walked down the stairs, they save time.

"Oppa!" I yelled, "How do I look?" I twirled in front of him, "I'm just kdding, don't answer that, I'll be coming back in my sweatpants anyway." I gave a little laugh as I walked towards the couch to wait for 7:30 to roll around before I left.

I don't know why, but about two minutes after I sat down, JiHoon Oppa started huffing and puffing. Then, finally, he slowly sat up (making the same noises while doing so of course). He turned to look at me with a fierce expression. I looked back at him with the same look in my eyes. I was thinking that this was a staring contest, unitl he finally blinked and sighed. Me; thinking I won, jumped up in joy (fist pumping and everything).

"I won!... But more importantly, you lost!" I gave out a roaring laugh.

"This was the determining point and you just proved my doubts right." He sighed once more and held his head in his hands. I waited for him to explain, but no explanation followed his actions.

"Uhh... what?" I asked.

"Look MiNi," he started, "you're really talented, but..." he stopped for a while, closing his eyes . He shook his head as if by doing so, all the bad thoughts would fall off, and then continued, "you aren't very respectful."

"What do you mean?" I asked barely able to say it out loud, "I'm not following." I slowly sat back down thinking that this might be a long talk.

"You don't have much time right now," he frustratedly pointed at the clock across from us, "unless you want to take a cab," he finished tilting his head.

"Can't you tell me in short form?" I asked, "you've got two minutes." that was supposed to be funny, but neither of us laughed.

"Alright, you want the short form?" he whispered, "this is it. When you debut you're going to have a lot of sunbae's, and you have to be extremely respectful towards them. If you aren't, than you won't make it very far. Trust me, I've seen them go down like that before." He stopped talking when he saw my expression, "... You know what kid? How about we pick this conversation up right where we left off when you come home. Hm?" I nodded in agreement, but then remembered my promise to Grams last night.

"Oh! Except that I'm going to be a tad later than when I usually come home okay?... I'll explain why after our conversation... Or in between or something... depending on how it goes." I picked up my bag off the floor without waiting for his answer, then left with a small wave out the door. School, here I come.