Trouble

Sibling Rivalry

"It's 8:01, can't you just let me go this one time?" I pleaded.

"You know the rules, and you don't get any exceptions either," he was cool, but very strict... my boss I mean. I pouted for a while, but to no avail.

"I tried so hard though!" I whined. "I ran for like a half hour trying to make it on time. Why do we even need a curfew? We're all fifteen or older!" I got louder as I rambled, trying to hold back the tears that were forming. "I was so close!"

"I guess so close doesn't cut it, isn't that right?" he looked at me, disappointed. I had gotten so far, why was I acting up now?

"I know, it's just that I-I... I don't know what I'm doing right now. I'm too tired. I shouldn't even be here. I-I'm sorry, I'll just quit, I cause too much trouble for you. I don't think I ever do anything right. There's just too much pressure on me, I'm not fit for this..." I sighed and bowed with my eyes closed. "I hope to see you in a happier mood some day." I turned towards my room to pack up my stuff.

"Don't you at least want to say goodbye to the others?" he asked me.

"I will."

"They aren't here."

"Well what do you want me to do?!" I cried out. "I miss my life! It was so much easier when music and dance were just hobbies, and my dream job was non-existent! Why did you have to do this to me?!" I sank to the ground. "I could have carried out a normal life. I wouldn't have had to seperate from my members, because I wuldn't have met them!" I was full on crying mode now. I couldn't stop the tremor in my head, or the sobs that got deeper and more frequent. I was venting out just about everything in my head at the moment.

"Did you think it was going to be easy?" he asked me. And the truth was... I didn't, but I didn't think that it would be quite this hard either. Why couldn't he be more supportive of me? He's not just my boss, he's also my-was also my mentor. The one person that I looked up to.

My voice was too trembly to answer with my pride, so instead I chose to shut up with part of my pride.

"Did you?!" he asked raged.

"No!" I finally yelled, "I didn't!" I felt myself sink even lower. "But I didn't think I wouldn't get any support from the person I looked up to. I thought you would talk to me once in a while... give me advice about how you handled the same situations that I'm in. Maybe ask how I was doing, you didn't even have to go as far as giving me advice... just listening would have been enough. You know," I started when I saw him sit in our yellow couch. I walked towards him while continuing, "When I found out that you'd be my boss, I cried... out of joy! Not sadness!" I looked at him with puffy eyes and a bright red nose that was in my way.

He gave out a deep sigh and patted the space next to him, I knew what that meant (other than 'sit here'), it meant that he had softened up while thinking of a way to calm me down. No, I didn't know this from experience, but you could just tell with my boss.

I sat down slowly, but a little further than the space he patted. He took a deep breath and covered up the little space between us by moving over. Just like in the movies, he pretended to yawn and put his arm around my shoulders. That was his way of comforting me, so like hugging in other peoples worlds. "I know it's been hard on you," he was patting my shoulder, and soon my loud cry for help turned into a little sob of thankfulness for understanding. My head slowly leaned toards his shoulder and my arms wrapped around his well-built waist searching for the comfort I found in my brother back at home. "But please don't let me down," he whispered. "I'll help you, just tell me how," he continued, "you aren't actually going to leave all of us are you?" he asled softly.

"I was," I answered, my breath still hitching at times. When I finally calmed down, I said, "Thanks Oppa, I really needed this."

"I figured," he said patting my head.

"And you can call the maid to tell her I'll be covering the chores instead of her for a week," I said knowing that I still needed to do my punishment.

"I'll tell her two days," he said with a small laugh. I hugged him tighter than let go.

"I'll... go now, and... thanks." I quickly bowed than ran to my room. I hope he didn't think I was just bluffing so that I could get out of doing chores, I just reeeaaally needed to vent, and he was the first person to piss me off and not do aegyo right after. Which reminds me of the third floor boy and his grandma. I hope she wasn't too mad at him.