EIGHT

Peach

It was a cold night and the smell of December filled the air. Myungsoo left the windows open in his car as he drove through the streets at dawn. The city was silent, a bit peculiar for Seoul. Maybe the city was going with the mood in the car. His hands were clammy as he gripped the steering wheel a little too tightly. It was obvious that he was nervous. The boy let out a sigh.

"I can't believe we are doing this. Are you sure about this?" Myungsoo looked back in the backseat for a second and then focused back into the street. A girl sat there, curled up in her knees, the cold crawling up into her skin. Her eyes were watery, a sign of dismay.

"Yes, I think so." The girl behind him sighed. "I don't know. Stop asking. Just keep driving damn it!"

"Right." The ride was silent for a while until the girl spoke up.

"I'm sorry," she said as she gripped Myungsoo's shoulders from the back. "I'm just scared. I love you and. . ."

"We'll just have to work it out," she finished.

"Right," was all he said.

"Very encouraging L, thank you very much!"

"What do you want me to say? Do you want me to say everything's going to be just fine? Because that's not what it looks like right now to me!"

There was silence.

"Fine. Just drop me here. I'll find my way home."

"No! What is wrong with you?"

"Stop shouting at me!"

Her eyes started to well up. She was frightened. She never saw L so mad, ever. Running away with her boyfriend wasn't exactly her forte, but she did it anyway because she thought she loved him. They were just about to finish high school and her parents weren't exactly fans of L.

Myungsoo was speeding up. The wind was getting colder and harsher against their cheeks.

"Slow down! You are going to get us killed!"

 

"I'm trying! I can't! It's broken!"

 

"Do something!"

 

"I'm trying!" L tried so hard to stomp on the breaks but he couldn't. It was like destiny was playing with him and laughing so hard at that moment. The girl sobbed harder. She was shaking from fear.

For a moment, her eyes opened its widest.

"Oh my God, L look out!!!"

 

 

The last thing he saw that night was a blinding light ahead.

 

Myungsoo shot up from his deep slumber with a loud gasp. It's 4am in Venice and unbelievably cold but he was sweating. He had this dream before, a couple of times infact. The frequent trips to the therapist's offfice didn't help either. He said it was normal after the accident but he kept having it ever since.

 

He heard the door creek open.

 

It was Jieun. Myungsoo was relieved but he couldn't figure out why.

 

"What are you doing here? It's 4am in the morning?" He asked.

 

She kept looking around avoiding his gaze until he realized he was practically half . He managed a smirk. Myungsoo grabbed his wifebeaters and put it on.

 

"Come in."

 

Jieun came inside with her pajamas on and her hair in a messy bun, which he would have found very unflattering but in some way amused him.

 

" You watching me sleeping?"

 

"Ew! no! What are you trying to imply? I just went down in the kitchen to get some water and well. . . i heard a gasp or something. Was it you? I'm sure I heard it from your room. Are you okay?"

 

"So you care?" He gave out a crooked smile, though it felt very weird for Jieun to be seeing it very early in the morning, and not to mention in a man's bed room. She brushed the thought off.

 

"No! I mean yeah sure! You could have gotten killed and your mother would blame me as the murderer."

 

"Hmmm. Interesting. I like the part where you were watching me sleep." He pressed.

 

"Ugh! There is no point talking to you!" She went for the door.

 

"Stop! Stay. . ."

 

"Wh- wh-y ?" she stuttered.

 

"I can't sleep so might as well talk to a living thing than staring at the ceiling."

 

Jieun rolled her eyes and headed for the door but she hesitated. She knew somehow, something was wrong so she sat to the nearest chair and sighed.

 

"Shoot," she said.

 

"What?"

 

"You want to talk right? Well," she gestured for him to start the conversation but instead he stared at her. " Do I look crappy? Stop staring at me!"

 

"I'm not! It's just now that I look at you better, you seem familiar. Forget it. What were you doing up at 4am?"

 

Jieun straightened her pajamas and stared at the ceiling. Myungsoo followed her gaze.  

 

"Well?"

 

"I was writing a song. I couldn't finish it no matter how hard I try. I have been working on it since last night but I can't seem to get it out of my head. I mean I have the melody and the first few lines, but I could not figure out the right lyrics for it."

 

"Hmmm." He nodded. "So that song earlier, you wrote that? I mean composed and everything?"

 

"Kinda. Yeah, I guess."

 

He nodded again.

 

"I better go back," she pointed at the door. "I need to get ready for uhm... I'm helping your mom at the cafe later so..." She slowly walked out.

 

As she was about to close the door from behind,

 

"Maybe you just need some inspiration," he said, barely audible but she heard it.

 

The door clicked close.

 

"I already have one."

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There!!! I have finally updated after centuries!  I am so terribly sorry to my subscribers who have been patiently waiting for an update. I was just so busy for the past months with school thingies and being in the 3rd year of college isn't exactly a walk in the park, I tell you. I hope you understand. Thank you loads for putting up with me and my somehow lacking writing skills. Sorry for the mistakes. I didn't have the time to edit it. As long as I could update, I am happy. Thank you again you guys! :* I shall work harder to make this story better!

 Please leave your comments and reactions below :) They will be very much appreciated. <3