SEVEN

Peach

“Where are we going?” Jieun asked as Myungsoo was holding her hand dragging her somewhere she couldn’t figure out where.

“To the car,” he replied.

“Wait, I can walk by myself. You don’t have to --- “she was cut off by Myungsoo hand gripping tighter at her own.

“I don’t want to lose you again.” Even Myungsoo was confused at what he just said. “I mean, you know, in case you’ll get lost again. I hate being responsible for someone’s clumsiness.”

“What?” Jieun responded slightly annoyed but was too distracted of their hands together. She looked at them, her heart seeming to jump out of her chest.

They found their car and drove to somewhere only Myungsoo knew.

“Where are we going?” She asked for the nth time.

“Will you just shut up and wait?” He glared at the girl.

Jieun on the other hand was twirling her waves. She was nervous again. Myungsoo’s eyes darted towards her once again.

“Stop doing that!” he snapped.

“WHAT?!”

“That twirling thing you do with your hair! It’s --- it’s weird,” with that Jieun snorted a quick laugh.

“Weird? YOU are weird. Why are you suddenly so jumpy? “

“I’m not,” he tried to compose himself again, trying to hide his oh-so-obvious blush.

“Are you blushing?” Jieun tried to keep from laughing but deep inside she was nervous as well.

“NO!”

The rest of the ride was silent, Silent but comfortable. Jieun was happy she knew a little more about Myungsoo. ‘Just a little,’ she thought to herself, but that was more than enough, knowing that she would only be in Venice for a short time. What she was feeling at that moment was never planned. She never saw it coming but it did happen. But it was wrong, so wrong.

She likes him.

“We are here,” interrupting Jieun’s thoughts.

Her eyes lit up when she saw a stunning place. She saw this once when she was on the tour but it was so fast, she was not able to fully appreciate its beauty.

“Piazza San Marco,” she whispered.  “It’s pretty.”

The place was marvellous. Hundreds of birds are all around the square and people were feeding them.

“Do you want to feed them?” Myungsoo asked. 

“Yes,” she brightened up. “I’d love to!”

“Here,” he said as he handed Jieun the food for the pigeons.

“Where’d you get these?”

“Stop asking and feed the Pigeons.”

She did what she was told and she loved it. Jieun was running around, chasing the birds, her wavy hair flowing softly in her back.

Myungsoo was staring at her, his eyes following her every move. Right then Jieun looked at him but he looked away, avoiding eye contact.

                Jieun came closer to him, a wide smile plastered on her small face.

                “What should we do next?” she eagerly asked.

                “How about we sit down? My legs hurt.”

                “Such a grandma,” she whispered.

                “What?”

                “Nothing,” she smiled. “Wait!” Myungsoo stopped on his tracks and looked back at Jieun.

                “What now?”

                “There is one more thing I want to do. I’ve always wondered how it feels like, Five more minutes please?” she pleaded, raising her tiny hand, signalling a number 5.

                Myungsoo rolled his eyeballs in defeat.

 “Whatever,” he said.

With that Jieun removed her guitar from her case. She sat on the case and cradled her guitar, ready to sing.

“What are you doing?” Myungsoo asked, confused and shocked.

“I have always wanted to sing in beautiful places like this,” she explained. “I never get to sing in front of people back home.”

Monday, better day
Cheo-eumcheoreom seolle-ineun geureon nal

            “Stop that! People are watching!”


Sunday, better day
Jon-gil neoman saenggakhaneun geureon nal

 

Yokshimi na uri sa-i yomankeumman deo kakka-i
Ttag han balchak, keumankeum deo kakka-i
Honjanmari soksagimi
Neodo kunggeumhal sun it-janha

                People started to notice her singing. More and more people crowded around her. Myungsoo was in awe. He never expected this from her. She was different for sure.

Ni-ga chowaseo keurae
Na cha-ga-un cheok pyojeong jitko it-jiman
Nae ma-eumeun geuge aninde keojinmarinde
Pabo gateun ni-ga nan tapdabhae

Neomu chowaseo keurae
Na shimurukhan eol-kurha-go it-jiman
Tto kidarida komin-man hada
Heu-lleo-ganeun haru kkeu-teseo haneun mal
Nae-ga neol sarang-hae

            The people around got into the music. Despite the language barrier, they continued to nod their heads and tap their foot along with Jieun as she strums her guitar.

One day, ho-riday
Honja itkin neomuneomu shirheun nal
One day, cloudy day
Ul keotcheoreom haneuldo chipurin nal

Nun-mu-ri wah seo-geulpeun nae mameul talmeun nun-mu-ri wah
Kkuk chamat-da ssodajineun nae mami
On haneu-re on sesange
Keujeo seulpeun geon anil keoya

                Myungsoo stood there, amazed by her voice, just like any other person who was watching her. His heart beat went berserk again. He clutched his chest, thinking it would slow down if he did that. But it didn’t.

 

Ni-ga chowaseo keurae
Na cha-ga-un cheok pyojeong jitko it-jiman
Nae ma-eumeun geuge aninde keojinmarinde
Pabo gateun ni-ga nan tapdabhae

Neomu chowaseo keurae
Na shimurukhan eol-kurha-go it-jiman
Tto kidarida, komin-man hada
Heu-lleo-ganeun haru kkeu-teseo haneun mal
Nae-ga neol sarang-hae

Nae iptu-ren geojinmal
Nae nun so-gen cheongmal ha-gopeun mal
Mamso-ge sumeo i-nneun mal

Manhi chowaseo keurae
Dwiido-raseo neuryeojin bal-keo-reumeul bwah
Neol kidarineun mamin geojanha
Nal jikyeobon neoramyeon al-janha

Nae-ga mollaseo keurae
Ne ma-eumi teu-llike nae-ge marhaejwo
Son nae-milmyeon, twehl keot gateunde
Mangseo-rineun iyuga nawah kat-damyeon
Ije da-gawah jwo

As she finished her song, everyone clapped. Jieun smiled. She was ecstatic. The adrenaline she felt was irreplaceable. She loved it. She always wanted to sing and that day, she did it, without anyone stopping her. For once, in her stay in Venice she felt renewed.

“Thank you!” she bowed multiple times to the people, as they continue to applause.

She looked around for Myungsoo but he was not there. 

She got startled when someone grabbed her hand dragging her away from the crowd.

 

“Myungsoo!” Jieun was relieved seeing his face. “I thought I got kidnapped or something!”

“Let’s go, it’s dark,” he said.

“Okay,” she replied.

        ************************************************************

                As they opened the door they were barged in with questions from Jiyoung.

                “How was your day!?”

“Venice is pretty huh?”

“Did you have dinner?” she continued on and on.

“It was tiring!” Jieun exhaled. She bid goodnight and went up to the guest room.

“How about you?” she’s now settled on Myungsoo. “How was your day?”

“It was great.” Myungsoo managed a soft, warm smile. A kind of smile Jiyoung hasn’t seen in while from her only son. She was happy.

 

**************************************************************************************************************************************

As promised! :) Another chapter yey! Tell me what you think! Comment and don't be shy. I will appreciate it.

Lyrics credits: http://www.kpoplyrics.net/iu-the-days-end-lyrics-english-romanized.html

comment! subscribe! :)