FIVE

Peach

Pancakes.  Jieun woke up the next morning with the scent of pancakes. It comforted her in a way. She never had a mom cooking breakfast for her. When she wakes up in the morning, she would be seeing her personal maid in the kitchen, cooking something for her. Her real mom was seldom home. Layla has been her maid slash mom for as long as she can remember.

“Hi honey, breakfast is ready. Come on down. L is already downstairs.” Jiyoung said, peeping with her head on the door.

“ Yeah. Thanks. I’ll be there in a bit, “she smiled.

Jieun didn’t get it. Why was she being so nice? She shrugged it off and she prepared her things.

She went downstairs with her things.

“You’re leaving?” Jiyoung questioned, disappointment in her eyes.

“Uh yeah. I promised I will leave today.” She reasoned awkwardly.

Jieun didn’t even notice L being there until Jiyoung led her to the seat next to him in the table. She unconsciously twirled a lock of her hair between her fingers, something she does when she’s nervous.  L on the other hand, didn’t budge. He was staring at his plate, probably still angry about what happened the other night.

“It’s a shame. I would really love it if you could stay a bit longer.” The older woman tried to convince her.

“I don’t know. It’s just,” she thought for a moment for an excuse that wouldn’t hurt her. “. . . my parents might be worried,” which was a lie of course. Jieun knew herself that her parents wouldn’t even look for her. They didn’t even call even once when she was in Venice. She’s not even sure if they have read that letter she left for them. She clutched the pendant hanging on her chest, another thing she does when she was nervous.

“ Hmmm. I understand,” Jiyoung said in a sad tone.

“ I’m sorry. Maybe I’ll visit someday,” Jieun said just to cheer her up a bit. Myungsoo snapped his head to her side and looked at her accusingly. Right at that moment, Jieun realized that he was not that much of a fan of her. She looked down. “ Or maybe not.”

 Jiyoung let out a long sigh.

“ Myungsoo here can give you a ride to the airport. It’s the least I can do, the least HE could do for being rude last night.” She offered.

 “ Rude? Are you kidding me? I’m not the one who barged in in someone’s room!” he finally spoke up.

  “No, it’s fine. I can just ride a bus. Really, it’s fine.” Jieun assured her.

  “No, Myungsoo is taking you and that’s final.” Myungsoo groaned in response.

                                                                                ********

 

It was raining hard in Venice that day. The heavens don’t seem to like Jieun that much. Jieun and Myungsoo rode in silence, both of them staring at the road.

“I’m sorry.”

“Eh?”

“I’m sorry that I uh. Interrupted your uh. What were you doing any way?”

“That is none of your business.” Myungsoo shot her a brief icy glare.

“Were you gonna—“ Jieun continued.

“Shut up!”

“Okay! Sheesh!” She raised her hands in defeat. “I’ll be out of your hair when we reach the airport.”

“You better be.”

                                                ********

 

I’m sorry to announce but all flights are cancelled until further notice. A storm has just hit Venice and it would be dangerous to travel at this moment. Thank you for your kind consideration.

“Whaaat???! “ Jieun almost shouted in frustration.

“I’m out. Bye.” Myungsoo who was behind him, dismissed her.

“Wait!!!” She hurried to him.

“What?” Myungsoo looked back.

“Where am I supposed to go?”

“I don’t know and I don’t care. You said you’ll be out of my hair when we reach the airport. We are here so you’re supposed to be nowhere near my hair right now.”

Jieun heaved a sigh. She wanted to just curl up and cry but she doesn’t want anyone to see her weak side especially to a jerk like Myungsoo. She in a lung full of air and said, “Fine.”

Jieun walked out of the airport. She instantly felt the freezing air on her skin. She was wearing just a loose sleeved top. It was apparently not thick enough to protect her from the cold. She walked slowly despite the hammering rain. First her head, her shoulders, until every bit of her body was soaked. When she finally couldn’t help it, she finally broke down and cried.

Myungsoo following behind felt guilty. One thing he hated the most was drama. And what was happening right at that moment was definitely drama. He hated it. He wasn’t really that big of a jerk. He rushed to Jieun’s side, covering her with an umbrella he got from his car.

He uneasily cleared his throat.

“Get up. Let’s go home.”

Jieun looked up seeing Myungsoo’s eyes and stayed there for a while.

“Just get up. How hard is that?”

Jieun stood slowly, shivering because of the cold weather. Myungsoo sighed and wrapped her with his jacket.

“Come on before we get swept away by this stupid rain.”

 

                                                                                *****

Jieun was trembling like crazy in the passenger seat next to Myungsoo. He reached out for her forehead and touched it. High fever, definitely.

He didn’t know what to do. The best thing he thought of was to bring her home to his mom and that’s what he did. The nearest hospital was in the other side. It’s too late to turn around at that moment with that heavy rain.

Myungsoo constantly checks her. Then, for the nth time he checked, Jieun was already asleep.

Next to her was Myungsoo, gazing at her sleeping face.

“She looks decent when she’s asleep,” he said to himself. He immediately shrugged it off his mind.

He looked at her again. Somehow he felt warm and his heart was abnormally beating faster.

 

 

 

 

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Yey! I just want to say thank you to all my awesome subscribers. You guys keep the creative juices coming. XD

Hope you like my story so far. There's more to come!

Tell me what you think of it so far by commenting below. I would love to read your opinions. :)