NINE

Peach

" You will be the pretty waitress for today!" Jiyoung mused as she handed Jieun a pink apron with a peach logo on the front.

 

Jiuen liked her very much. She was the closest thing to a real mother. Though Jieun was thankful for her own, somehow she wished that she could have a bubbly mother like her.

 

As she looked at Jiyoung with amused eyes, she pondered, as to why up to now nobody has even called her. Nobody looked for her. The travel agency could have easily tracked her down but, nothing. She shook off the thought.

 

"I will work hard! " Jieun bowed.

 

" Oh no no sweetie, you enjoy!" she winked. " Here comes our first customer!" Jiyoung gave her an assuring smile and two thumbs up.

 

She was happy. Right at that moment, her heart was light, free and floating. She hoped to stay there for as long as she can but she knew that was not the reality. Jieun walked towards the table by the window. Sitting there was a young girl, about her age. Her hair was long and black with loose curls around the ends. Her back was facing toward Jieun. Her trenchcoat looked expensive and a bit thick, quite rare to see in Venice in this time of year.

 

"Good Morning Ma'am! May I take your order?" Jieun asked. She tapped her shoulders with the pen she was holding. The girl seemed to be deep in thought. She felt the need to do it.

 

The girl looked up at her. Her eyes looked all too familiar to Jieun. The girl managed to smile and held her hands.

 

"Why are you here?" Jieun was shocked. The girl stood up and hugged her tightly.

 

"Jieun-ah! I missed you! You idiot! How could you not tell me you were going away?" She hugged her tighter, this time Jieun hugged back.

 

"I didn't. I just wanted some time off. I miss you too! I can't believe you are here! " Jieun almost cried at that moment. But she remembered she was also at work. She slowly untangled herself from her friend. 

 

"I'm working. We will talk later, " she whispered and the girl nodded giving her an okay sign. Jieun smiled. This completed her day when it hasn't even started yet. 

 

The morning went on and when lunch came. They finally had the time to talk.

 

They walked along the stoned pavements near the cafe.

 

"What are you doing here? Did my parents send you here?"

 

"No. I went here to look for you alone. I knew you were in Venice. I just can't believe you did not tell me," she pouted.

 

"I'm sorry. It's because I know you would have stopped me."

 

"I would have gone with you! You idiot!" She playfully knocked her head. "What have you been doing here?"

 

"A lot of stuff," she answered with a smile.

 

"I smell a boy! Spill!"

 

"No!... Maybe..," Jieun looked down in embarassment.

 

"Pfft. Look at our Jieun, all smitten! So unusual!"

 

"Shut up! How about you? How are you?"

 

"Well, I'm recently annoyed by my therapist because she keeps forcing me to remember stuff that I can't. It hurts my head you know. I just don't get it why I can't remember the accident. It has been like I don't know... a few years? I could have remembered them by now."

 

"I'm positive you will eventually," Jieun encouraged.

 

"I don't want to. All I remembered was that I was with someone. Just the two of us and that's it. Maybe I also need time to unwind." She closed her eyes and breathed in deeply. Jieun held her hand tightly reassuring her that she will always be there for her.

 

"I need to go back and help. You need to meet the family that let me in and made my stay here in Venice the best ever!"

 

"You mean your boss?"

 

"Kind of and her son. He is a bit unwelcoming at first but you'll get a hang of him."

 

She smiled.

 

They went inside the cafe. Jieun practically dragged her friend over. Jiyoung and Myungsoo were having their tea at a  table near the counter. Jieun spotted them and pointed to let her friend see.

 

"Excuse me. I want you guys to meet someone. She's my bestfriend and she came to visit. . ."

 

Jiyoung looked up but her natural bubbly self was absent. hang open for a few seconds as she saw the girl with Jieun.

 

 

Myungsoo was next to look up. His eyes widened, watery all of a sudden as he tried his best to say something but turned out to be inaudible words.

 

 

"S- suzy," he finally choked out.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yey! Another chapter! I finished studying early today so I can write for you guys. Hope you like the update. Its nothing much but I hope you like it as much as like writing it! :D

Leave your comments or violent reactions down below. Subscription or any response will be appreciated. Tell your friends! haha :*