ELEVEN

Peach

The next morning, Myungsoo woke up with a massive headache. His room was literally spinning as he slowly tried to stand up but to no avail, he went right back down his bed. The boy still reeked of alcohol, he noticed himself. His eyes were fluttering, trying to adjust to the sunlit room. It was 11 am and he was alone in the room. The whole house felt silent. No one was there for sure. He struggled to get up once again, and so he did.

 

The kitchen was empty. His mom must have been already in the cafe, he thought. He went back upstairs and slowly walked towards the guest room where Jieun was supposed to be staying. He remembered that he was with Jieun before he knocked out but that night seemed so vague to him.

 

He knocked softly on the door. There was no denying that he was embarrassed at what he did, whatever it may have been. He felt like he needed to apologize. He knocked once more but there was no answer. Myungsoo sighed and walked away. He thought of so many possible ways how he could have felt the way he felt at that time. Guilt.

 

Myunsoo looked back at her door, stared at it for a while deep in thought, trying so hard to remember.

 

Then it hit him.

 

"YOU! Everything was fine until you came!" He pointed at her. Jieun was in awe. Her heart stopped for a second as those words came out of his mouth like daggers. " I'm seeing dead people!!"

Jieun came closer. She wanted to hug him but she couldn't. "You're talking nonsense right now. Let's go up."

 

"NO! This is my house!"

 

"I know. You should go back in."

 

"I saw her! She was there! In front of me! You can't trust anyone anymore!"

 

"What are you talking about?" Jieun came even more closer. He reeked of the smell Jieun hated the most but at that moment she could not care less.

 

"You know what I'm talking about!!"

 

"I really don't. Why are you blaming me?! What did I do?"

 

Right then Myungsoo lost his conciousness. Jieun rushed immediately to his side.

 

"Suzy's....alive. They lied to me,"

 

Myungsoo woke up when he was put to his room. Jieun was there as Jiyoung tried to calm him down.

 

"Shhhh. It's going to be fine. Shhh." Jiyoung said as she caressed Myungsoo's shoulder. Jieun was there, standing on the side, watching, wide-eyed.

 

When he woke up at about 2am, Jieun was still there. She was asleep in the couch near his bed. She looked different from the last time Myungsoo saw her sleeping. Back then , she looked peaceful. Right at that moment, its the other way around.

 

Jieun woke up. She rubbed her eyes with her fingers and straightened up her hair. "I need to go now. I'm sorry I think I passed out." Jieun bowed and walked towards the door, until hand clasped around her elbow. Myungsoo dragged her to face him. It seemed to him like her face was someone else's. Jieun's face morphed into someone else, someone like Suzy.

 

"They told me you were dead. After the accident, they never let me see you. I'm sorry. I thought I killed you. I felt so guilty. ..Your parents, they sent me here, in Venice to live a new life.  But---"

 

Jieun's eyes widened. So Myungsoo was the one with Suzy in that accident, she thought. Nobody mentioned it to her. She was never introduced to Myungsoo ever but she knew that Suzy had boyfriends, yes boyfriends and not all of them were introduced to her either. Suzy could not remember anything about the accident, Jieun knew that, she believed that. That was why Suzy didn't recognize him.

 

"I'm not Suzy. It's Jieun." Jieun begged him to recognize her, inside her head. "You're still drunk. You need some sleep Myungsoo."

 

"Su-zy..." Myungsoo pulled her closer, until their nose were only an inch apart. Jieun's heart was beating fast, but her heart was also confused. She didn't feel right. She looked away but Myungsoo pulled her face back to his gaze. "You don't know how much I have missed you, Suzy." Those words felt like a thousand bullets on her chest. Jieun started crying. Myungsoo wiped every tear that fell down."

 

Myungsoo leaned in closer and kissed her, softly, like velvet against her lips. That kiss was supposed to feel heavenly for Jieun but it didn't, because she knew the kiss wasn't for her. She was just someone who he met and forced to get along with. She was nothing to him. She didn't have the right to cry. He longed for Suzy and she could see it now. She had no role to play.

 

The kiss was over and Myungsoo gazed at her. Right at that moment he realized it wasn't Suzy after all. It was Jieun.

 

SLAP!

 

Myungsoo felt a burning sensation on his cheek.

 

The boy rushed to Jieun's room and found it empty. He quickly browsed through the closet, the drawers and everything but found nothing that seemed to belong to Jieun.

 

Myungsoo hurried down and went to the cafe.

 

"She left, son." Jiyoung remarked. "She just left me a note. It was really nice having her here." She was truly sad. Jieun, even though her stay was short, she felt like she was a mother to her.

 

Myungsoo rushed to his car and dashed to the airport.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

"I'm glad you came. I knew you would come, Jieun-ah."  Suzy mused.

 

"Yeah, me too." Jieun answered as they board the plane back to South Korea.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Gaaaaah!! The past two chapters had been y. I'm sorry for that. Not really inspired lately. I hope you understand the flow of the story. If not, tell me so I can improve it :D thanksies.

BTW Anyone who has kakaotalk/kakaostory?? I feel so lonely in there :(

 

Comments?