Pink and Blue: Counterstrike

Jung Family One-shots

That's weird... Hyunnie mumbled to herself as she searched through her drawer.


Nothing.

She searched through all the drawers in her bureau. She still came up empty handed.

"Omma! Have you seen my favorite pink cardigan? I want to wear it to school today," Hyunnie called out to her mother.

"It's in your closet sweetie, I remember hanging it in there," Seohyun answered back from the nursery as she changed little Yongyongie's outfit. They were going out to the park today.

Hyunnied moved her search to the closet. Sifting through the clothes, her favorite cardigan was still nowhere to be found.

"Omma, it's not there. I can't find it anywhere," she whined as she entered the nursery.

Seohyun finished buttoning up Yongyong's overalls before answering her daughter.

"Just wear another one, sweetie. I'll look for it, it's probably in the laundry. Now go and remind your sisters about being late to school," she said.

Hyunnie pouted but turned around to look for her sisters. She was a bit miffed, because she really wanted to wear that cardigan today.

Seohyun brushed the baby's hair while he sat in her lap, playing with a stuffed teddy bear.

"Pink-eu!"

Seohyun's hand stopped in mid-air as she heard the little boy. It wasn't his first, but the choice of word was what surprised her. She lifted him up and looked at him eye-to-eye.

"Sweetie, did you just say 'pink'?!" she inquired, looking back into his eyesmile.

"Pink-eu! Pink-eu! Omma, Pink-eu!!!" the boy repeated, holding up the stuffed teddy, which happened to be in pink. It had belonged to his MeeYon noona.

Seohyun chuckled and hugged her youngest.

Wait till your Appa hears about this...



★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆   ★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆ 

"Yah, HwaYoung-ah, did you take my hair clip?!" HeRan asked her twin as she rummaged through her little box on the vanity.

"Why would I take your hair clip? I'd rather tie up my hair with a rubber band," HwaYoung answered from her bed. She was lying down with her head hanging on the side, her long hair reaching the floor.

"I can't find it anywhere, where could it be!?" HeRan said, now searching her school bag.

"Which hair clip is it anyway?" HwaYoung asked, now tying up her hair into a ponytail, still in the same position.

"The pink one, the one Appa bought for me last time from Japan, the same as your blue clip," HeRan said, now frantically pouring out the contents of her bag onto the floor.

"Maybe you dropped it somewhere," HwaYoung said as she sat up.

"Nooooo!!! I can't lose that, it's my favorite one!" HeRan cried out in answer to her twin.

"Just go use another one, you've got tons of other hair clips. I'll help you look for it later, but we're gonna be late for school. Omma's gonna be pissed. Let's go!" HwaYoung said as she dragged her twin out through the door.



★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆   ★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆  

Seohyun looked into her mirror one last time and noticed she’d forgotten to put on some gloss. She reached for her raspberry lip gloss on the vanity, but it wasn’t in its usual place.

“Huh? Where is it?” she muttered as she searched among the perfume bottles and makeup on the table. It wasn’t there.

That’s weird, Seohyun thought as she chose another lip gloss to use.  The raspberry one was her favorite, and she used it the most. She must have dropped it somewhere. Too bad, I’ll have to buy another one,  she thought.

She stood up and fixed her hair. She was bringing Yongyong to a play-date with the other SoShi unnies’ kids. The mystery of the missing lip gloss would have to be solved later.

★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆   ★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆

Yonghwa looked down between his legs as he felt something move under his desk. A pair of eyesmiles greeted him happily.

"Appa!" the little boy shouted, giggling at his father.

Yonghwa laughed as he reached out to take his boy from underneath. He'd been busy working on a new song all morning while Seohyun went out with Yongyongie for a playdate.

"So how was it playing with other kids, my YongSun-ah?!" Yonghwa asked as he threw his kid lightly into the air. The little boy squealed with delight at his father's play, clapping his hands together.

"Appa, mo! Mo appa!" the kid asked, and laughed as his Appa raised him up again.

Yonghwa laughed at seeing his child's laughter. He brought him down again into his arms and held him prone, making engine sounds as they pretended to fly Yongyong as a plane. The little boy's laughter was simply music to his ears.

"Ah chincha Yongyongie, I'm getting too old for this, let's sit down for a bit. Appa needs to rest," Yonghwa said as he huffed and puffed, taking his seat again.

"Okay, Appa rest now," Yongyong said, kissing his Appa on the cheek, then pat his Appa on the head the way his Appa did to him. Yonghwa smiled at the cute gestures and hugged his boy again. He smelled like raspberries.

"Wow, my little Yongyong smells nice, but isn't that a girl's scent?" Yonghwa asked as he looked at the baby's face. Something caught his attention just now. He looked closer at Yongyong's mouth. His lips were really quite shiny, and he smelled like raspberries.

"Yongyong, what's that on your lips?" he asked.

The little boy took something out of his pocket.

"Pink-eu Appa! Pink-eu!!!" Yongyong squealed.

It was a tube of pink raspberry lip gloss.

Something on the floor underneath the desk also caught Yonghwa's eye. He placed Yongyong down on the floor and crawled under the desk to take a closer look. He gasped in disbelief when he finally came out.

It was a pink cardigan and a pink hair clip.

Oh, no, not this please... This. Is. Really. War.



★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆   ★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆

“Panda One – Come in Panda One —This is Dragon One, Over –“

“Roger Dragon One – This is Panda One – Over”

“Panda One – Did you bring reinforcement? – Over”

“Dragon One – Roger – I have Panda Two and Panda Three with me – Over”

“Panda One – No one else? – Over”

“Dragon One – Froggie and Squirrel are on their way – Over”

"Panda One – How about Panda Omma? – Over"

"Dragon One – Panda One, Two and Three will take care of Panda Omma – Over"

“Panda One – We’ll see you in 0200 hours – Remember, no man gets left behind – Dragon One Over and Out”

          

★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆   ★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆ 


"I'm glad you can make it today unnie," Seohyun said as she laid out the plates on the picnic table in their backyard.

"Oh, I've been looking forward to this for weeks! I'm so happy to be around so many girls again!" Yoona exclaimed as she laid out the food as well.

Seohyun laughed at Yoona's comment. Yoona unnie had two boys, making her the only female in the household. She must have missed being with females, as they had grown up together in SoShi.

Seohyun looked over to where her four girls were seated under the trees. Hyunnie's head was buried in a book. HeRan was braiding her twin's hair. MeeYon was playing with her favorite doll. She sighed and smiled in satisfaction.

"But, where are all the boys?" Yoona suddenly asked, looking around.

"Oh, they're probably just hanging around. You know Yong... he probably misses being around boys, too," Seohyun answered, and the two mothers laughed at the thought.

Girly shrieks and shouts suddenly stopped them and they suddenly turned towards the girls. They were all running towards the picnic table. The two mothers' eyes widened in surprise at what they saw.

All The Boys were walking towards them with water blasters and super soakers, all in blue. Even their entire outfits were blue. Dragon One was standing in the middle of the line, with little Yongyong beside him. On his left was Panda One, with Jonghoon and his little brother. On the other side stood Froggy and Squirrel.

Yonghwa pumped his fist into the air.

"This is Code Name Blue!!!" he shouted, imitating Leonidas in the movie 300.

"Attack!!!" Little Yongyong shouted.

All the girls screamed and scattered around the backyard, as each CNBlue operative moved in on his target.

"Dragon Two, follow me," Yonghwa whispered to Yongyong. They ran after Seohyun Omma, who was trying to hide behind a large tree.

"Dragon Omma, we're saying No to Pink! We've got you surrounded!" Yonghwa called out.

"Oh yeah?! You and what army?!" Seohyun hollered back, trying to suppress a giggle.

"Omma! Omma out out!!!" Yongyong shouted as he ran towards the tree, dragging his little toy water gun. Yonghwa laughed as he ran after his little boy. This was not going as planned.

But the best moments in life are rarely those that have been carefully planned.

Yonghwa leaned on the tree trunk and took a deep breath. He could hear squeals, shouts and laughter all over the backyard. All his girls were wet, but were fighting back bravely with anything they could throw at the enemy. He smiled and finally turned towards Seohyun, who was hiding behind the tree.

"Ah-ha!!!"

His face met a sharp burst of water.

"Hahahahaha Appa!!! Appa wet! Hahaha Omma Yongyong, too! Yongyong take a bath!" Yongyongie squealed in laughter, clapping his hands and jumping up and down.

Yonghwa and Seohyun burst out in laughter.



★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆   ★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆

6 months ago...
Jung residence
Nursery
2200 hours


"Alright men! This is officially a war!" Yonghwa boomed as he paced back and forth. He was holding a drumstick in one hand and slapping it on the other.

"To win this war, we men need to stand firm together and fight!" Yong continued. He looked straight back at his audience and pointed his drumstick.

"You will have to follow every word I say to you, arasso?!"

Two wide eyes blinked back at him and finally folded into an eye smile.

"Kyaaaaa!!!" replied his one and only soldier, whose pacifier fell off as he gurgled his baby sounds and drooled all over his bib.

Yonghwa leaned forward at eye-level with his 10-month-old boy.

"We say no to 
Pink!!!"



★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆   ★☆★☆★☆★   ☆★☆★☆★☆