Chapter 2 - Secret

First Love

Yuri woke up early the next morning, unable to forget the incident that occurred the day before. She quickly brushed her long, black hair into a ponytail and made her way to school with Jessica once again. As they both walked silently, Jessica seemed to have noticed Yuri's concerned and uneasy look.

 Jessica stopped in her tracks and couldn't endure it any longer, "Hey, I can't do this anymore. Tell me what happened yesterday!"

"What? N-Nothing, why?" Yuri said to Jessica unexpectedly.

"Yuri, I'm your best friend, you can tell me anything. And how can nothing be wrong, you're acting so weird today!" Jessica retorted.

Yuri sighed a tiring sigh, "It's just," she stopped, incapable of resuming, she turned to face her friend, "it's just that yesterday, Jaejoong got so furious with me. I don't know what I said that got him so mad. And now, I'm..." Jessica waited, anticipating for a word. "I...I don't know..." 

"So...what did you say exactly?" asked Jessica. 

"I don't know, I have so much thoughts going through my head right now!" Yuri said as she shook her head with both her hands. They both then continued their walk to school.  As they get into class, Yuri cautiously looked around, hoping that he wouldn't be there yet. Jessica squeezed her shoulders, reassuring her that everything was gonna be okay. 

"You'll be fine~. Just don't look at him, and ignore him throughout class. And I don't think he cares, other girls will probably be all over him anyways." 

"Yeah, you're right." Yuri calmly replied. As the bell rung, all the students entered the class and seated themselves, again Jaejoong wasn't there. Yuri wasn't sure if maybe he was just going to be late again or if he really was absent. And sure enough, there by the door, was the person she dreaded the most to see. They both locked eyes with each other for a split second, and Yuri immediately broke it by turning the other way, her face red with awkwardness. Luckily enough, the teacher hasn't even walked through the door yet, so he was fortunate this time. He strolled gradually to his desk, and sat down. Yuri's whole body was faced the other way now. Unsure of what to do, she turns to Jessica for help. Jessica just made weird expressions, then mouthed to Yuri, "Hwaiting" with a fist in the air. 

Thankfully, neither of them interacted at all during the class period. It went by awkwardly, and the time lingered. It seemed like hours before class almost ended. A good five minutes left. There was a sudden knock on the door, and in came the principal. All students got up to take a bow, and went back to sit. The teacher left with the principal in the hall for a talk while the students chatted and conversed for the last few minutes of class.

Yuri's POV

"Jaejoong Oppa..." A girl in our class came up to him, "I-I made this for you," she was shy, and she seemed like a really nice girl. The gift was obviously homemade, but looked so professional. It was a handkerchief sketched with Jaejoong's name on it. I admit, the embroidery was no joke, and whoever made it had godly skills. My eyes widened as I took a look at the beautiful work from afar. 

"I don't want it." Jaejoong declined honestly. "Who makes stuff like that nowadays, anyways?" he scoffingly said. Just then, I easily saw the tears in the poor girl's eyes. Who in the world would take their time out to make stuff like this for stupid jerks! He's really done it this time. It just urked me so much. Right away, I instantly forgot about my worries concerning yesterday's event, I turned to Jaejoong, and opened my mouth.

End of POV

"That was really rude, you know people don't just take time out of their way for nothing." Yuri said annoyed and aggravated.

Jaejoong looked to her side, with carelessness in his eyes, "Does it look like I care?" he grinned. "I get this a lot, it doesn't matter anyways. Girls don't understand anything, they take too much things to heart. That handkerchief looks like a piece of trash  "

Everyone stopped what they were doing, their attention stuck on Jaejoong and Yuri. Every girl gasped in surprise. Jessica covered with her hands in awe. And as if the perfect moment too, the teacher just happened to walk right in. Yuri had slapped Jaejoong across the face, her palm left a red print behind. 

"Kim Jaejoong, Kwon Yuri, DETENTION!" The teacher shouted madly. Yuri looked up at the teacher, her face also in shock as she looked at her hand. She didn't really mean to slap him, her hand just happened to smack his face out of nowhere, like it had a mind of its own. 

---

"Both of you can start by cleaning these desks. I'll be back in thirty minutes." Just like that, the teacher walked off without another thing to say, and nothing left but  discomfort in the room. Jaejoong shot a glare at Yuri, which sent her to panic mode, and she instantaneously got right to work. She washed the desks cleanly and nicely using her soaked up sponge. 

"I...I didn't mean to  "

"Just drop it." Jaejoong then started scrubbing off the desks too, each of them both on opposite sides of the room. 

Jaejoong's POV

I don't know what I should be. Mad because a girl just slapped me hard across the face in front of class, or excited cause this girl had the nerve to strike me in front of class. I admit, she's interesting, alright. With one look, you can just obviously tell that she's sorry. I stopped working and looked at her. I threw my sponge into the bucket full of soapy water, and walked slowly to her. Why not have some fun while you're alone? 

End of POV

Jaejoong stood against a desk, watching Yuri work. Yuri turned around and was startled when he was now some few feet away. 

"W-What are you doing, we're supposed to finish this before songsaenim comes back." Yuri blankly said, hiding her face so that Jaejoong wouldn't see.

"How many boyfriends have you had?" 

What the heck? What kind of a question...

Yuri turned around to face him, confused that he asked such a question. "W-Why would you ask me that?"

"With that body, you must've had hundreds," Jaejoong teased, his lips turning into a smirk. 

Yuri quickly covered her chest with both arms in defense. Jaejoong let out a small laugh, his jokes were really getting to her. 

"Or...have you never had one before?" He mischievously asks with a smirk still plastered on his face. He was close to her now, standing only a mere three feet away. 

Yuri had never felt so put on the spot before, with panic in her, she tried to talk but no words came out. 

"I've...I've had a lot  "

"Don't lie to me, Yuri." Jaejoong informally said, now so close to each other that they could feel their own breath, "Tell me the truth."

"Get away from me."

"Tell me first." Jaejoong was really pressuring her now, but really, she was left with no choice. She already disliked Jaejoong, and with him so near her she would do anything to just get him away.

Yuri looked down. This is it, he's going to tell everyone my secret, but who cares. "What if I said I've never had one?"

A sneer formed on Jaejoong's face.

You just get more and more interesting, Kwon Yuri.