Chapter 8: Joe's Secret

My Angel of Darkness

Ding-Dong-Ding-Dong*

Ariel: coming.

Ariel opens the door and Joe was standing outside.

Ariel:  Joe, what are you doing here? 

Joe:  you re not happy to see me? Just kidding, Rainie’s over there so, I thought I should let them be alone. 

Ariel:  why? I think we should go over there. We can’t just let the two of them be alone. Come on, let’s go over there and joint them. 

 

Ariel grabs Joe and drags him with her.

Joe:   I don t think that’s a good idea they probably have a lot to discuss. Besides Mike wouldn’t hurt her, he’s too weak to do anything right now. 

 

Ariel:  what do you mean? Is he hurt? 

Joe:  I guess in a way, he’s blinded by Love.

Ariel:  what do you mean?

Joe:   you wouldn’t be able to understand, unless you’re in the same situation. 

Ariel:  and you can? 

Joe:  yep, you got it right. 

Ariel:  I don’t believe it. Why aren’t you guys telling me anything? 

Joe:  you really want to know? Alright I’ll show you but first you gotta let me go. 

Ariel:  oh, sorry, I forgot. Come on in.

They walked into the living room and sat down on the couch.

Ariel:  do you want something to drink?

Joe:  no, I m fine, now get me your hand. 

Ariel gives him her hand, Joe took off the ring on his finger and hand it to her. Joe:  now put it on. 

Ariel puts on the ring:  come on this little ring is going to help me understand how Mike feels. 

Joe:   yes. 

Ariel:  Joe I think you…

Before she could finish the sentence, the living room started to fate away. It turned into colorful little dots and swirled about her. Ariel turned around and looked at Joe as he takes her hand. Images starts to form and Ariel realized she was standing in a hotel lobby. She was about to open and question Joe when a man walks right through her.

Ariel:  how was that possible? 

 

Joe:   The truth is Mike and I are angels. He is the angel of night and I’m the angel of love. You see that girl over there, close your eyes and tell me what you feel. 

 

Ariel closed her eyes:  she’s excited and happy because she’s in love. 

 

She opens her eye and looks at Joe with disbelief

 

Joe:  now let’s go somewhere else. 

 

The images started to fate again and seconds later they were at the beach.

 

Joe pointed to the cliff:  look over there and tell me what you feel. 

Ariel looks toward the direction Joe’s pointing at and saw Rainie sitting there.

 

Ariel:  Rainie’s sad and confused. She’s not sure if she could love someone again. She’s scared. 

 

Joe:  then, let’s go tell her what she should do. 

 

Ariel:  what, how can I do that? 

 

Joe:   she can’t see you, but she can hear you if you want her to. 

 

Ariel:  I… I don’t know. 

 

Joe:  Just follow your heart. Come on let’s go.

 

They climbed up the cliff and stood next to Rainie.

 

Ariel:  Rainie if you love him you should do whatever you believe is right. 

 

Rainie: (in her head) Mike said he is an angel, how can I love an angel?

 

It was like Ariel could hear what Rainie was thinking in her head.

 

Ariel: it doesn’t matter, if you think he’s the right guy then you shouldn’t sit around and let a perfect guy slip out of your hand. After all he risked his own life to save yours.

 

Rainie: (that’s right, I’m so stupid he saved my life, I didn’t even say thank you, I just freak out, why did I do that to him?)

 

Ariel: it’s not too late, go to him and tell him how you feel.

 

Rainie: (But I am not sure what his feelings for me are?)

 

Ariel:  it wouldn’t do any good just stand here either, go and find out. 

 

Rainie: (that’s right; I need to talk to him.)

 

Rainie stood up and headed toward her car. Ariel looked at Rainie as she walked away.

 

Joe:  you did a great job. If I had a helper like you it would have made my job much easier. 

 

Ariel:  you have to go through this everyday? 

 

Joe:  yep, and this is not the worst part. 

 

When the images formed again they were in Mike’s room. Mike’s sitting on his bed.

 

Joe put his hand over his heart: Ouch…

 

Ariel: are you okay?

 

Joe: I’m fine, do you feel pains in you heart? That’s the feeling of heartbreak. It feels like the heart is bleeding and that’s what Mike is feeling right now. 

Ariel turns away from Joe and looks at Mike. His face was pale and his breathing was heavy, as if just breathing was too much for his body.

 

Ariel:  Joe, can we go now?

 

Joe:  yeah, come on.

 

Seconds later they were back in the living room. Ariel was standing still quietly.

 

Joe:  do you understand now? 

Ariel:  yea, Joe how do you go through this everyday?

Joe:  you see there is a down side to everything and heart break is one of them, but it’s worth it. Love is the most beautiful thing, like a crystal, so sweet and so clear. Without love this world is nothing. So even though it hurts, people still wish for love, just one true love in a life time. 

 

Ariel looks Joe in the eye: now I know why we celebrate valentines, you are my hero from now on. 

They both laugh.

Ariel:  Joe, are angels allow to fall in love?  

Joe:   with other angels, yes. 

Ariel:  what about humans?

Joe:   I don t know, I think we get punish.

Ariel:   what will happen to Mike? 

Joe:   it’s hard to say, but most of the time it’s not good.

Ariel:  would you ever fall in love with a human?

Joe:   do you want to hear the truth? 

Ariel looks at him and nodded.

Joe:   I already did.

Ariel looked at him and didn’t know what to say.

Joe:  no matter what happens I think it’s worth it because to me she’s the prettiest girl in this whole universe. 

Ariel could feel tears running down her cheek and it feels like it’s burning her face. Joe reaches out and hugs her. He leans forward and kisses her.