Chapter 12: Everything to be with you

My Angel of Darkness

 

~One year later, two days before Rainie’s birthday~

 

Rainie was standing on the cliff.

Rainie: Mike, can you hear me? I miss you so much. I came here everyday since you left. I know you can see me here. I have good news for you.

 

She took out a map labeled with all the stars.

 

Rainie: this one, next to the moon is call Night. I name it after you!

 

From the sky Mike looked down at Rainie, she was still so beautiful. He wished he could touch her but the promise he made with his father bounded him to the moon.

 

 

Rainie was standing alone at the corner of the room. Although it was her birthday party, she doesn’t feel like celebrating at all.

 

Ariel caught her attention when she came in with a gorgeous guy. Rainie could not believe her eyes, it was Joe.

 

Rainie: Joe? Why are you here? How is this possible?

 

Joe: believe it Rainie, I am here and here to stay.

 

Rainie looks at Ariel. She looks like the happiest girl alive.

 

Ariel: Rainie, don’t ask any questions; Mike is waiting for you at the beach.

 

Rainie was heading towards the door before Ariel could finish her sentence.

 

Rainie *turns around*: thanks guys. I am happy for you too.

 

Ariel: bring him back!!

Rainie smiled and ran out the door.

 

Rainie got to the beach as fast as he could. Mike was nowhere in sight. She waited for almost an hour but Mike still didn’t show up.

 

Rainie: (it was probably a joke. I am so stupid, why would he come back.)

 

Rainie turned around and headed towards her car. Someone hugs her from behind; it was the same familiar warmth that only belongs to Mike. Rainie turns around and her face were cover in tears.

 

Mike: I am back.

 

Rainie: but how?

 

Mike: I am sorry I couldn’t come back sooner. I had a lot of explaining to do. I can’t believe you came here and talked to me every night.

 

Rainie: you heard me.

 

Mike: Yea and they did too. You touched them and that’s why I am standing here.

 

Rainie: are you here to stay or do you have to go back?

 

Mike* takes her hand*: I am staying and I will never leave you again.

 

Rainie: But how? You’ll die will out your powers.

 

Mike: I am not an angel anymore. I gave up my immortality and my wings.

 

Rainie: Mike, you gave up your powers for me?

 

Mike: I want to be with you, we will spend everyday together. We will grow old together and that all I want.

 

Rainie*hugs him*: I lost you once and I am never gonna let that happen again!!!!