Chapter 7: The Truth

My Angel of Darkness

Rainie was working behind the counter when Ariel came over to her.

Ariel: theyre coming.

Rainie: whos coming?

Ariel: Joe and Mike. I saw Joes car in the parking lot.

Joe and Mike walked into the cafe and sat all the way in the back.

Ariel: oh yea, they sat at my side of the room.

Rainie and Ariel both work at la cafe on Saturday so they split the room in half so it’s easier to calculate tips.
Ariel took two menus and walked over towards them. Rainie
s eyes followed her across the room.

Ariel: hey guys, heres your menus. What would you like to drink?

Mike: Ill take a coke.

Joe: I want a Pepsi.

Mike: I’ll have a Veggie Burger with that.

Ariel: you are vegetarian?

Joe: he is but not me, pizza with everything please.

Rajni: okay is that it? Ill be all right back with your orders.

Mike + Joe: thanks.

Ariel returns to the counter: Did you know Mike is a vegetarian but Joe is a junk food freak.

Rainie*not really caring*: interesting but you better put those orders in.

Ariel: oh, almost forget.

The cafés door swings open and Shawn walks in to the store. He sat down on the table and put his leg on the chair.

Ariel: do you want me to take care of it?

Rainie: no, his on my side of the room Ill take care of it.

Rainie took a menu and walked toward Shawn. She could see from the corner of her eyes Mike was looking as she made her move.

Rainie drops the menu on the table: can I take your order?

Shawn: Yes, I want you.

Rainie: come on shawn don’t cause trouble here.

Shawn: but can we just talk.

Rainie: just leave

Rainie was about to leave when Shawn grabbed her hand.

Rainie: Shawn let me go, now.

Shawn: I just want to talk. I came prepare this time. Now nobody can stop me.
He pulls out a gun from his jacket.
Ariel runs toward Rainie: what
s going on? Shawn let go of her.
Mike and Joe stood up and while everyone else in the restaurant screamed and rushed for the door.  
Shawn: perfect. Those bastards are here too. So let
s get this over with.
He points the gun at Rainie
s head: you, the one with the red shirt (Mike) come over here or Ill kill her.
Rainie: no, Mike don
t do it.
Shawn: shut up. You get over here right now.
Rainie struggled to get loose but it wasn
t working.
Shawn: don
t try anything funny Rainie, you know how clumsy I am. If I shot you is not my fault. Mike walked forward: Ill do whatever you say just let go of her.
As they were arguing Ariel went behind Shawn and try to take the gun but she failed and Shawn pointed the gun at Ariel. Shawn loosens his grip on Rainie and pushes her to the ground. Rainie turned around and realized Shawn
s gun was pointed at Ariel, he was starring at her as pulled the trigger.

Mike + Joe + Rainie: No!!!
Rainie didn
t have time to think but she knew she wasn’t gonna let anything happen to Ariel. She got up as fast as she could and pushed Ariel away. With a loud BOOM

Shawn fired the gun. She could feel her body hit the ground and people started screaming. Even Shawn looked shocked at the site of all the blood but as soon as he got his senses back he ran as fast as he could. Joe and Mike ran over to where Rainie was laying. Ariel knelt down next to her and put a towel on her stomach trying to stop the bleeding. Mike knelt down on the other side and took Rainies hand. He puts his other hand on the wound.

Ariel: what are you doing?
Mike didn
t answer and try harder to block out any interruption.
Joe knelt down next to Ariel: Ariel, trust me, Mike knows what his doing.
Ariel turn around to face Joe: is she going to be okay?
Joe: Mike is not going to let her die. He gonna do what ever it takes.
Tears burst out of Ariel
s eyes and she wiped it away with her hand.
Joe: she
s gonna be okay, dont worry.
Ariel looking at Joe and buried her face in his arms.
Mike tried to relax and stay emotionless so he could connect with Rainie and used his power to heal her. He had to do it fast or Rainie is going to bleed to death but how can he stay calm at a time like this. Rainie’s smiling face appeared in his head and Mike
s whole body felt relaxed. He starts thinking back to their time together. Very soon he felt their bodies connect. Its like Rainies body was within him. He could feel her heartbeat; it was weak and low. And he could see all of Rainies memories; the good ones and the bad ones. It appeared one by one in front of his eye. One of it was Rainie and Ariel moving into their own house, they looked so happy. Images appear one right after another. Some of them were familiar to him because he was the one creating it. But one image caught his eye. It was the night at the beach. He was a sleep and Rainie was looking at him. Her eyes were smiling down at him. He remembered Rainie was still bleeding. Their body was still bleeding so he concentrated all this energy. He could hear Joe calling him so he broke the connection quickly.

Joe: someones coming, what should we do?
Mike help Rainie sit up: are you okay?
Rainie: I think so, but what happen?
Mike: I
ll explain later.
Mr. Chen ran in the door follow by polices and a large crown of people.
Mr. Chen: Rainie are you alright? They said you were shot.
Rainie: no, no I thought I did but it really was just Juice. I spilled it when I fall.
Mr. Chen: so you
re alright?
Rainie: yeah, I
m fine.
Police: okay everyone, there is nothing to see get out of here.


Mike and Joe follow the crowd out of the door. Polices searched the room to see if they can find the bullet hole in the room.

Ariel grabbed Rainies hand: Rainie, let go clean you up.
Ariel locked the door as soon as they got in.
Ariel: Now tell me what happened?
Rainie: what do you mean? I already said it was Juice.
Ariel: you can tell that to everyone but me. I know what happen. I was there right beside you, trying to stop the bleeding.

Rainie: I dont know.
Ariel: come on, Rainie, tell me the truth.
Rainie: I really don
t know. Mike said he would give me an explanation.
Ariel: okay, let
s get you clean up. Maybe we need to burn your uniform and the towel.
Rainie looks in the mirror realized what Rajni was saying. The bullet hole that the police are looking for is on the uniform cover with blood.

Rainie came out of her house and walks toward Mike and Joe’s house. She stood on the front porch and wondering if she should knock on the door. The door opens and it was Joe.
Joe: hey Rainie, come in Mike is upstairs in his room. I need to go, I
ll be back soon. Rainie: okay.
Rainie followed the stairs up to the 2nd floor. She could hear Mike coughing heavily. She reaches the top of the stairs and walk slowly toward Mike
s room. She had never been in the house before but her foot seems to know exactly where to go. Rainie knocks on the door.
Mike: come in.
Rainie walks into the room.
Rainie: (Mike
s room was really clean and it smells like the ocean).
Mike was surprise to see Rainie since he was expecting Joe.
Mike: Rainie what are you doing here?
Rainie: Mike, I want you to tell me what really happen.
Mike:  I was hoping you would believe the Juice story but I think you
re not buying it are you?

Rainie: Not when I was dying one minute and perfectly fine the next.
Mike: okay, how should I say this?
He stood silently for a couple second then looked Rainie in her eyes and: Joe and are really not human. We are angels. I
m the angel of night and Joe is the angel of love.

Rainie: come on Mike. If you dont want to tell me the truth its fine just dont made up story a like that. Do you really expect me to believe that?

Mike: I know its hard for you to believe what I just said. But I will never lie to you.
Rainie looks at Mike, he was serious and there were no joke in his eyes.
Rainie: then prove it to me.
Mike: do you really want me to?
Rainie nodded. Mike reached out and touch Rainie
s silver bracelet. It seem like it was melting and dripping to the floor like water. Rainie could not believe her eye because she knew it has to be 3000 degree for silver to melt and it was not even hot against her hand. Mike picked the bracelet up from the floor and hand it to Rainie, but she steps back. She couldnt touch him, not after what she just saw.
Rainie: I got to go now.
Rainie ran out of the house as fast as she could and got in her car. The truth was too much for her to handle in one day and she had to escape.