Chapter 6: I'm here for you

My Angel of Darkness

It was almost 3:00 when Rainie was finished cleaning, she locked the door with the keys Mr. Chen gave her and headed towards the parking lot. She saw Mike getting out of his car.

Rainie: hey, what are you doing here? I thought you were taking Ariel home?

Mike: I did. I thought I should come back and check on you.

Rainie: you dont have to worry about me. I can take care of myself.

Mike: Ill remember that. So where off to now?

Rainie: I m still too excited to sleep, I was thinking about going to the beach.

Mike: I heard the sunrise is really pretty at the beach during the summer.

Rainie: really? What are we waiting for, let’s go!!

Rainie looked at the car.

Mike: whats wrong?

Rainie*laughing*: I left my purse in the cafe and my car keys are still in there.

Mike: you dont have to go back, well just take my car.

It was a long ride to the beach and the street was very quiet at this hour.

Joe looks at his watch (almost 3:00). His mind was still excited and he couldnt stop thinking about what Ariel said to him (not exactly him, she said she likes his car), and he could not stop smiling. He got out of his room and went out to the patio. He was surprise to see Ariel outside her house too.

Joe: hey, nice weather isnt it? He tried hard to make conversation.

Ariel: yea, too excited to sleep?

Joe: yea.

Ariel: do you wanna come over and we can watch a movie?

Joe was surprised: uh… sure.

Ariel led Joe to the living room and there was already Popcorn, chips, and soda.

Ariel: I rented this scary movie but I cant watch it when Rainies around. she doesnt like scary movies.

Joe: what is the movie about?

Ariel: I dont know, just heard that it was good.

***After the movie was over***

Ariel: it was good right?                                 

Joe *smile*: yea.

*Flashed back* Whenever there was a bloody scene in the movie Ariel would hide behind Joe and ask is it over?she would scream and cry along with the actors.

Ariel: that was fun let’s watch another one.

Although he was very tired: sure.

Soon they both fell asleep on the couch.

Rainie get out of the car as soon as they got to the beach. She feels so comfortable around Mike and it was scaring her a bit. They walked quietly along the beach and towards the cliff.
Mike lay down on the ground; Rainie sat down next to him and looked straight ahead.

Mike: there are a lot of stars tonight. They are beautiful.

Rainie: but soon they will be gone.

Mike: thats why you keep everything beautiful here. He pointed to his heart. And you treasure it will every day of your life.

Rainie: maybe your right! Hey did you know you can Name a star after someone you love.

Mike: oh, really?

Rainie: they dont just let anyone have a star, only for special reasons. And the money collected would be donated to the childrens home.

Mike: then you deserve a star, cos your one of a kind.

Rainie looked at him and smiled. Mike felt like he was the one getting dizzy this time.

It was 6:00 and the sun was slowly rising up from the ocean.

Rainie: Mike look at…

Mike was soundly asleep with a light smile across his face. Rainie brushed the hair that was covering his eyes to the side and really looked at him for the 1st time. Suddenly Mike opened is eyes and their eyes met. Rainie quickly turned away.

Mike: did I miss it?

Rainie: no you woke up just in time.

The sky was getting brighter by the minute.

 

It was 8:00 when they got back. Rainie invited Mike into the house for some coffee and they found Ariel and Joe on the couch, sleeping together (hehe ^.^)!!

Mike: what’s going on here?

Rainie stopped him and pointed to the door, Mike follow her.

Mike: what is Joe doing in your house?

Rainie: I dont know, but I am sure nothing happen.

Just then a car stop in front of their house, the engine was horrible. A man got out of the car.

Rainie: Shawn, what are you doing here?

Mike: Rainie, this is Shawn?

Rainie look at him and nodded.

Shawn shook Rainies shoulder: Rainie, where have you been all these days. I called you so many times but your cell phones never on.

Rainie: Shawn lets go of me.

Shawn: why, Im not gonna hurt you.

Mike: let her go, did you hear what she said.

Shawn turn to Mike then turn back and face Rainie : who is this guy? Your new boyfriend? Oh now I get it. That’s why you didnt answer my calls, it’s because of him.

Rainie: Shawn, stop it. He’s just my friend. I didnt answer your call because I dont want to see you anymore so just go.

Shawn: oh, so now you want to breakup with me. Fine, just pay me some break up fee. I would be happy to leave.

Rainie: are your crazy? Come on Mike, let’s go.

Rainie grabs Mike and headed back towards the house.

Shawn: thats right you weak sauce, you better run back to your mommy before I beat the crap out of you.

Mike turned around and got in Shawn’s face.

Rainie : come on Mike, he’s just a jerk.

Mike: ok, lets just go.

Shawn started saying even nastier thing before they could get to the house.

Mike could not take it anymore; he turned around and walked toward Shawn.

Rainie try to grad his arm but he was too strong for her to hold back.

Shawn: thats right fight like a man. Don’t hide behind a girl.

Rainie: Mike, dont listen to him just go.

But it was too late. Shawn attacks Mike but he couldn’t even touch him and Mikes fist went right on his face and his stomach; a few minutes later Shawns on the ground.

Mike: now do you still want money?

Shawn: no, I am sorry, Ill leave now!

Mike pointed to Rainie: not to me, to her.

Shawn: ok, ok, whatever you said.

When Mike turned around to face Rainie Shawn throws out a punch and landed right on Mikes cheek. Joe came running out of the house, but Shawn got in the car and took off. Mike rubbed his cheek, and Rainie came toward him.

Rainie* with tears in her eyes*: are you ok?

Mike: Im fine.

Rainie:I m sorry. She lowered her head to avoid looking at him.

Mike: it’s not your fault, Im fine. Next time Ill remember to be more careful.

Mike went back in to the house. Ariel was waiting at the door.

Ariel: Mike, are you ok? That Shawn is such a jerk. Joe you should have kicked his .

Joe: dont worry; Ill get him. Mike, I am sorry man. If I woke up earlier it would have been different.

Mike: come on you guys, Im ok.

Ariel: no Mike, you should go sit I get u a ice pack.

Rainie: I m sorry, he wasnt like this when we first met, I am…

Mike could see tears in her eyes: this is nothing!

Rainie grab a tissue from the table and cleaned the blood on the corner of Mikes mouth.

Rainie: does it hurt?

Mike smiles: not any more.

After dinner Rainie was doing dishes in the kitchen when Ariel came in.

Ariel: hey, what’s up? Did you have fun?

Rainie: let see, having fun going dishes?

Ariel: no I meant earlier with you and Mike, where did you guys go?

Rainie: how about you tell me about you and Joe first?

Ariel: hey, thats not fair I asked first!
Rainie: for your information, nothing happened, we hardly even talked. But I see things differently for you!

Ariel: oh, you know. I was just doing what you told me to, getting to know him.

Rainie looking excited: well, how was it?

Ariel: his kind of cool when you get to know him I guess.

Rainie: so, do you find him attractive?

Ariel: its worth a try since I dont have a chance with the other one.

Rainie looked surprise at that comment: you like Mike?

Ariel: isnt it obvious? But I dont think he would even look at me when you’re around. Besides I wouldnt let a guy come between our friendships. I just hope you dont forget me when you get a new BF.

Rainie: come on Ariel get real, he doesnt like me. Hes just being a good neighbor.

Ariel: oh please. You can so tell by the way he looks at you.

Rainie:  I dont know about that but I sure see stars in Joes eyes when he looks at you!

Ariel: oh stop it already; I am going to my room.

Rainie: hey Ariel, no matter what happen we will always be best friends!!!

Ariel*smile*: you bet.