Chapter 1

My Angel of Darkness

Tonight was like any other mid-summer night and Rainie was standing near the window observing the stars. The sky was pitch dark without the moon but the stars was shinning very brightly.

 

*knock, knock* Ariel walks into the room: Rainie, its getting late you should get some sleep we still have class tomorrow.

 

Rainie: you can go ahead; I’ll stay up for just a little longer.

Ariel: I dont understand you and your fascination with the stars. They all look the same to me. If you keep this up you are gonna go insane by the age of 25.

Rainie: well, let me ask you this, Ariel do you believe in angels?

Ariel: Rainie we already went over this.

Rainie: I believe there are guardian angels that watch over all of us.

Ariel: come on, get real.

Rainie: watch what you’re saying, he might be looking at you right now.

 

She turns her attention away from Ariel and continued to observe the stars.

 

Rainie was right; a young man name Night was sitting on the edge of the cloud, watching every motion in the city. He is the youngest son of the God of heaven and his job is to bring darkness to everyone after a long day of work. Ever since the day he has memories he always wanted to explore the world beneath him and live the life of a normal human being. His best friend Cupid always brings him amazing stories from the other world and Night admired every part of his stories.

 

Rainie woke up in the morning and read the note that was left on the dining table.

 

[Rainie, Im going to be at ViVa Vegas casino with a tour group (Ariel wants to be a tour guide in the future), come join me if you are not too busy with your guardian angel ^0^. Love Ariel]

 

I cant take this anymore. Night said as he busted into Cupids room.

Cupid: what are you complaining about, you only have to work at night but I am on call 24/7!

Night: Cupid, Ive decided I want to go down to the other world.

Cupid: come on, you cant be serious. Its against the rules and you know whats gonna happen if your dad find out?

Night: I am serious this time. So what if I get my wings taken away, maybe Im better off that way. I know you can help me. Besides I am just gonna check it out and Ill come right back.

Cupid: even if I am willing to help you I dont have the power to do so, I am just a helpless god of love.

Night: but your sister can. Shes the goddess of life and can give me life.

Cupid: Patty?

Night: yea, who else.

Cupid: But

Night: no but, come on lets go.