Music Video Surprise

The Girl Stuck In His Memories

               “Tristan! Are you done yet?” the blonde haired girl asks from the kitchen.

                “Honey, calm your mind! Y’all were the ones who invited yourselves over to my apartment. I said that I would try to connect the laptop to the TV. I didn’t say I could! Charlotte Parker, you and I both know when I say try and can there is a BIG difference,” Tristan, the black haired boy, yells back from behind the TV, wires surrounding him.

                “Yeah, whatever. Hey, where’s Eddie?” Charlotte walks in the living room with a bowl of popcorn and a six pack of coke.

                “I just texted him a few minutes ago. He said he was circling the parking lot looking for a space,” Tristan says without looking up from the red, white, and yellow wires he was deciding between.

                “Jeez it’s 10am on a Monday morning, why is everyone at home?”

                “It is the first official day of summer. Maybe, everyone’s parents are helping them pack and stuff.”

                At that moment the door bell rang. “Oh! There’s Eddie!” Charlotte jumps up from the couch and runs towards the door.

                “What is up, my home bros!” echoes throughout the small apartment as the tall, Japanese male steps in.

                “Eddie, stop trying. You may be asian, but there isn’t a drop of swag in your body,” Tristan says walking out from behind the TV, finally finishing his job.

                “So hurtful,” Eddie responds throwing a bag of potato chips onto the coffee table before landing on the couch beside Charlotte. “I can’t believe our baby girl is a Korean pop star,” he sighs wiping away fake tears from his face.

                “I know. She’s famous. Well never be Six Pack again. Now we’re just a sad… Five Pack?” Tristan agrees taking a seat on the ground.

                “Tristan, set up the video. Let it load while we’re waiting for Lena and Justin.”

                “Ok. What’s it called again?”

                “Uh.. Breakthrough by Moon Ji Yeon. I’ll call Lena,” Charlotte grabs her phone. The phone starts ringing, after 3 rings, a low voice answers.

                “Hello?”

                “Justin?”

                “Yeah?”

                “Why are you answering Lena’s phone?”

                “We’re downstairs in the lobby. Lena’s in the bathroom changing.”

                “Ok, just hurry and get up here.”

                “’Kay, bye.”

                “They’re downstairs and they’ll be up in a minute,” she says to the two boys after hanging up.

                “Did Ash tell you she was featuring a guy in her song?” Tristan asks.

                “No. A guy? Who?”

                “’EXO’s Kris’? Ever heard of him?” Eddie asks. But, before Charlotte could answer there was a jingling of keys outside and the front door opens. In walks, a dark haired boy with light grey eyes and a small framed girl with dark brown hair and eyes to match.

                “What’s up, party people? You ready to watch some Korean music videos?” Lena asks dropping her bags on the floor and squishes her way in between Charlotte and Eddie. Justin finds a spot on the ground.

                “Play it!” Justin kicks the “sleeping” Tristan.

               On screen there shows a couple walking down a wooden trail surrounded bright green trees. They chase each other around playfully as a slow piano appears. A male’s voice rings as he introduces him and Ji Yeon. Finally, Ji Yeon’s powerful voice is heard as the screen fades into black and “Breakthrough” in yellow letters glows.

               Ji Yeon appears on the screen in a short, strapless, black dress. She sings her heart out in a room with a glowing rainbow floor. Every once in a while, she flashes the camera one of her smiles, that made her famous back home.

                “That’s our girl!!!” Eddie cheers after seeing their close friend on screen.

                “She looks so pretty,” Lena says and Charlotte nods in agreement.

               The video goes back to the couple playing around on the forest path. The two are wearing jeans with black jackets over light shirts(Kris, Ji Yeon). From their clothes and surrounding, it is obviously fall. The male finally captures Ji Yeon in a back hug after some chasing. The camera zooms in on the couple’s faces.

                “Pause it!” Justin yells. Tristan quickly pauses the video and the group gathers close to the screen, all having the same thought.

                “That looks like-“

                “Kevin…” Tristan finishes Charlotte’s observation.

                “Is it?” Lena asks.

                “It can’t be. One, Kevin disappeared two years ago. How can he just show up in our lives again through ASHLEY’s music video. Two, do you think Ash would agree to work with him after what he did to her?” Justin explains.

                “We’ll just ask her when she calls back. Play it again,” Charlotte says sitting back on the couch. Slowly everyone goes back to their seats and Tristan hits play.

               The video fades from the couples happy faces to a modern, sleek kitchen. The only color in the room is the red coming from the strawberries on a cake. From the bay windows in the back trees with no leaves are seen and a new layer of snow falls. Kris leads a blindfolded Ji Yeon to the counter. He quickly unties the blindfold and Ji Yeon’s eyes widen with surprise as they land on the cake.

               Ji Yeon turns around and wraps her arms around Kris’s waist, giving him a tight hug. Kris wraps his arms around her too. He smiles down at her before nodding toward the cake still sitting on the counter. Ji Yeon turns around still in Kris’s arms, picks up a fork, and takes a bite. She smiles and takes another piece from the cake offering it to Kris. Before he can reach the fork with his mouth Ji Yeon quickly snaps it into her own mouth.

               Kris blinks down at her in surprise as she laughs softly to herself. He quickly swipes his finger along the top of the cake picking up a mound of icing. Quickly realizing what Kris is planning, JI Yeon tries to run away. But, she isn’t fast enough. Kris catches her with his free hand and wipes the icing on the dip of her nose. It turns into and all out icing war.

               As the icing fight goes on the screen flashes between the fun and Ji Yeon, still singing her heart out, in the glowing room. By the end, they are both covered with more icing then the cake has. Still smiling widely, Kris wipes off some icing from Ji Yeon’s cheek.

               More scenes flow onto the screen. As times passes in the video, the couple seems to grow farther and farther apart. The fun and laughter they once had was slowing disappearing. A new scene with the couple appears on the screen, but this time anger is mirrored on their faces. The scene shows them yelling at each other, obviously not agreeing with each other at all. As the fight goes on Kris’s rapping is heard in the background.

               Kris is seen with tan dress pants under a light blue dress shirt and white jacket over it. He is standing in a dimly lit hallway. He is rapping to a fast beat. He occasionally rubs his lip and stares into the camera as if looking right into the viewers eyes. As he raps the screen flashes between his powerful presence and the fight of the lovers.

               “He can rap!” Eddie says with shock.

               “Damn if we didn’t think he was Kevin, he would sooo totally be the hottest thing I’ve ever seen,” Tristan whines. The rest of the group rolls their eyes at their friend’s “personal issues”.

               Kris finishes his rap and the song goes back to Ji Yeon’s sweet vocals. The fight between the couple fades and a park is seen. The leaves on the trees are starting to turn, showing that it is once again fall. Kris is seen swinging on the swing set towards the border of playground. He is pacing back and forth while standing in a suit, highlighting his tall and toned frame.

               Ji Yeon suddenly walks onto the screen. She is wearing (too lazy to describe the pics here). Kris raises his head to look at her. He pulls her into a tight hug surprising Ji Yeon. He pulls back and kisses her on the lips. As they pull up Ji Yeon smiles up at him. Kris reaches back and gives her the flower bouquet that was sitting on the swing. The two hug each other with all their might as the screen goes black and the video ends.

               All five young adults stare at the screen. No one says a word. “They kissed..” Lena says still in a daze.

               “It has to be him. Who else looks like that?” Charlotte asks.

               “Why would Ji Yeon agree to this though?” Eddie asks.

               “Maybe she didn’t have a choice?” Justin offers.

               “He looked so hot though,” Tristan still whines, earning a pillow to the head.

               “Let’s just call her,” Lena says. They all nod in agreement as Justin runs into his bedroom to grab his ipad.

               “Facetime her. We should see her face,” Charlotte says. Justin opens up facetime and presses on Ashley’s contact. They see themselves on screen as they wait for Ashley to pick up. Finally her face shows up on screen. She’s in a dressing room and rapid Korean can be heard from behind her.

               “Hey guys! Sorry if I look like a mess, I just finished filming Music Bank. So what’s up? Did you guys like the video?” she asks with a smiling face.

               “Ashley Ji Yeon Moon! Didn’t you forget to tell us something?” Tristan yells.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not a lot of you did the poll, but those who did wanted to see the MV so here it is! It was in the POV of their friends back in Canada!

Don't forget to comment you guys!!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN COMMENTING!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

<3exotic92

Spoiler Alert!!!

I'm going to be adding a new character in the next chapter :P