Chapter 9 (expect the unexpected)

Kiss The Rain

 

 
Taeyeon’s POV
 
I creased my brows upon hearing his name .  I was expecting for something fancy, like Harry Lee or Michael Jung . His name was cute though . 
I shrugged off the thought and made my way to my car . I decided to stop by at a coffee shop near the bookstore . 
 
I was at awe when I saw the interior design of the coffee shop, there were pastel colors everywhere and at the far side of the shop was a big glass that views the wide sapphire blue ocean just a few feet away . I regained my senses back and went at the counter . 
 
“annyeong haseyo agassi . May I take your order ?” a girl nearly in her twenties greeted me . 
 
“ uhmm . Just give me your specials .” I said . Since I was not familiar with their menu for it was always star bucks in Seoul ,I just decided to try their specials. 
 
“ahh neh. We’ll be serving your order in a while . May you please take a sit as you wait, agassi.” the girl smiled . 
 
I nodded and handled her the money before going to my seat. 
 
As I was waiting for my order I suddenly received a call . 
 
“yoboseyo ?” 
 
“Noona!” a husky voice answered the phone . Must be myungsoo . 
 
“eo ? How are you myungpoop ? You haven’t called since uhhh I don’t know ? A YEAR ? Are you trying to forget your one and only noona ? EO ?!” I scolded him . 
 
“you didn’t call me either ! So we’re the same ! Tch ! Aren’t noonas are supposed to be the one checking on their dongsaengs ?” he prostested . 
 
Myungsoo was right . I haven’t checked up on him personally . Chances are small that we can have a heart to heart talk just like when we were young and we stayed together at our mansion-like home . He have competitions, I was busy at school .
 
“aigoo . So my manly dongsaengie is throwing tantrums to noona.” I baby talked through the phone irking myungsoo . 
 
“hajimayo . Let’s stop noona .I have some news to tell you by the way !” 
 
“and what’s the big news ? You’ve got someone pregnant ? Oh my gosh !” 
 
“what ? You’re insane taeyeon noona ! It’s not like that ! I actually placed first worldwide in the photography competition that I took a part of.” he rejoiced . 
 
I smiled upon hearing his message . I was really proud if him .
 
“wow ! A big round of applause to you lil bro ! it’s a great achievement . I’m proud of you .” I become a bit emotional in congratulating him . I suddenly heard a squeak at the other line . ‘was he crying?’
 
“yah . Are you crying ?” I asked .
 
“a-ani ! Gomawo noona ! Let’s hangout next time, arasseo ! Or else .. I’ll find a better noona than you !” 
 
“mwoya .” I scoffed . “kurae ! Let’s meet right after our trip , okay? Take care always myungpoop !”
 
“eo . You too noona . Say hi to teukie hyung and fany noona to me .” 
 
“eooo ! I’ll hung up now . I love yaah lil bro !” 
 
“yuuucckk ! Me too noona .” he laughed then ended the call .
 
I smiled at myungsoo’s playfulness . 
 
“that guy .” I mumbled . 
 
“agassi . Here is your order .” the waiter placed my order at the table . 
 
Their delicacies are surely tempting , dangerous for people on diet just like fany . 
 
After eating at the coffee shop I stopped by at a mini mart for teuk’s ramyuns . I also brought some midnight snacks for us to munch on later . After 30 mins. I speedily arrived at our hotel . 
 
“great . 2 more hours before the welcoming party.” I said upon checking my watch. 
 
End of Taeyeon’s POV
________________________________
 
Leeteuk was sitting at the edge of the bed while playing on his phone . 
 
“oppaaaaaa !” taeyeon shouted upon entering their suite . Leeteuk almost dropped his phone due to shock . He looked at taeyeon sternly but taeyeon just smiled cheekily at him. 
 
“Siwon?” he asked realizing that his room partner was nowhere to be seen inside their suite. 
 
“he just went out . We bumped at each other at your doorstep that’s why I easily got in . seems like you’re too preoccupied on what your doing that you didn’t notice .” 
 
“right. Now, why are you here ?” he said pointing a finger at taeyeon . Taeyeon bit his index finger . 
 
“that hurts !” leeteuk winced . 
 
“I bought food.” she said waving a bag of foods. 
 
“euigoo . Euigoo. Shikshin !” he shouted . “but why aren’t you preparing for the party later ?” 
 
“that’s why I’m leaviiiing .” she said and immediately dashed out . 
 
“WEIRD.” Leeteuk remarked. 
 
_____________________________________
 
Yoona’s condominium in Seoul 
 
“what to do ? What to do ?” yoona mumbled . 
 
She was walking in circles at her living room . Obviously bored of not having her oppa and unnis around . 
 
“this won’t do . I need to go out .” she groaned . She changed her clothes and went out of her crib .
 
Luckily , taeyeon left her with her car so she won’t have to go around and flag a cab.  
 
She headed first at Garuso-gil in where famous name brand shops can be spotted . Yoona’s eyes gleamed upon seeing the row of famous boutique shops and café such as Armani, London sole , 10 Corso Cosmo , 5 cijung and many more . 
 
Yoona entered her ever favorite boutique - Dolce & Gabbana . The interior of the shop was very much pleasing , there were mirrors displayed at every nook of the shop and a lavishly looking chandelier at the center that accentuates the black gray and silver theme of the boutique .  
 
A petite girl approached her . 
 
“annyeong haseyo ! Omo ! Are you yoona-ssi ?” the girl asked with wide eyes . 
 
Yoona bowed in embarrassment but still smiled at her . 
 
“ahh . Neh .” yoona replied . 
 
“I’m your fan. I’m actually an amateur designer and I have to say that you’re my favorite model.” the girl enthusiastically said . 
 
“keuraeyo ? Thank you .” she smiled. 
 
After having conversations with the girl and also some autograph signing, yoona freely continued her shopping spree . 
 
__________________________________
 
“this won’t do.” yoona sighed . She was now sitting inside a café sipping her favorite drink . “I need to have a companion. I can’t play alone well.”
 
“but I don’t know anyone here.” truth got in to her . She just moved at Korea just months ago . The only people she know are her beloved taeyeon unni , tiffany unni , siwon oppa , leeteuk oppa and also hae oppa who are all at the jeju-do trip for they’re already juniors and seniors . 
 
She sighed again feeling deflated . She headed out of the café and decided to have a stroll . It was already getting dark . Different kinds of lighting started to lit around the city of Seoul . 
 
Yoona was walking at the hanggang park . She was definitely loving the ambience , the fresh air an the beautiful lights around . Yoona suddenly felt like someone is following her and when she turned around , she found three bulky guys looking at her . Adrenaline suddenly rushed through her body and she started walking fast . Whenever she tried to look at the back she can always see the three guys staring straightly at her. When the three guys was about to approach her and touch her . An arm suddenly wrapped around yoona’s shoulder . 
 
Yoona was about to shout for help and punch the but she was surprised to see someone she would never imagined to be with her . It was no other than the great - JANG GEUN SEUK . 
 
“mwoya ? What are you doing here ?” she half-shouted . It was still visible in her face that she was in fear and shock . 
 
“just walk straight . They’ll be gone.” he answered . He was looking forward , his arms still wrapped around yoona’s shoulder . 
 
She just complied with his words and continued walking in that position . 
 
Jang Geun Seuk was back, carrying 2 cans of coffees in his hands , he gave the other one to yoona who was sitting at a bench .
 
“thanks … for what you did.” yoona muttered. 
 
He just shrugged . “what were you doing walking all by yourself , by the way?” 
 
“ I was bored so I decided to have some stroll.” she answered . “what were you doing here ?” 
 
“uh .. I- I happened to pass by and saw you being followed by those goons.” he explained. 
 
“oh .” yoona nodded. “you know what’s weird?” she added smiling . 
 
“what?” 
 
“ is that the very least person that I had in mind happens to be you.” yoona grinned . 
 
“yeah . Fate must have taken interest on us.” he slyly responded . 
 
“fate . That was what taeyeon unni said .” she thought. 
 
He took a sip of his coffee . Yoona was playing with her fingers entangled around the can . There’s a silence that lingers throughout -- good silence . Neither of them dared to talk , maybe still too fascinated of what happened . The last thing they know was that ... they were enemies, but because of a big trouble that was supposed to happened , they were now comfortably sitting at a bench drinking their canned coffees , fresh air lingering through their bodies . It felt like they’ve talked so long before , that there was nothing wrong going on between them . 
 
“ maybe I have judged you wrong.” yoona suddenly blurted out making Jang Geun Seuk turn to her direction. 
 
He slightly tilted his head . “what ?” 
 
“I always thought of you as a notorious flirt, bad boy, a model that goes to bar every night , and has numbers of every girls that he met , spoiled, short-tempered and thinks highly of himself .” she lightly laughed .
 
He scoffed from her remarks but gently laughed it off too . “ most of that are true, though. Except for the bar and every girl’s number part . Ahhh ! Also , I’m just a flirt not a notorious one.” 
 
She looked to him with wide eyes and mouth slightly hanging open . He laughed at her priceless expression . 
 
“wow .” she blurted. 
 
“hmmm. I can’t deny it’s true . But seriously , all people have flaws if you compare me to others , mine is just mild . I have reasons for having my attitude. There’s no one perfect here .” 
 
“well said.” she said . “ I didn’t know why I hate you back then.” 
 
“it’s normal . People does that a lot , specially to people like me.” he broke into a grin and looked to her. “could you specify some reasons why you hate or hated me ?” 
 
“you’ve got fancy words out there , don’t you ?” she smiled . “well , hate is a powerful word . If I hate you I might not be talking to you right now worst is , I might not even say thank you after what you’ve done . So let’s say … you just irked me.” she also looked at him . “ and as far as I know , you also didn’t like me, right ?”
 
“so that’s what it looks like to you.” he laughed earning a quizzical look from the latter. 
 
“why are you laughing ?” 
 
“ I actually don’t hate you, really ! It’s just that … you look fun to tease. I enjoy it.” 
 
“waaaa ! Daebak !” yoona applaud sarcastically . “ you’re really something .” she said , poking the sides of his cheeks . 
 
The contact of their skin sent shivers around their body but they just ignored it . 
 
“ anyways, are you planning to stay here ? Do you plan to freeze here to death ?” he asked standing and dusted the back of his pants . 
 
Yoona thought of teasing him a little . Payback, maybe ? 
 
“I also might freeze to death here happily if you’re with me.” she blurted . 
 
Jang geun has his eyes widened . Completely shocked with her randomness . 
 
She burst out laughing after containing her laughs due to his priceless expression . She then started walking off . She turned around to look at geun suk who was already following her . 
 
“revenge is sweet .” she laughed . 
 
He just scoffed at her and continued walking . They arrived at where jang geun suk’s car is parked . 
 
“ so what now ? Heading straight home?” he asked . 
 
“it’s still early . 7:30 , my dear . The night is still young might as well enjoy it. You? ” 
 
“ Wow . After being followed by those guys you still have the guts to go around alone ? ”
 
“ of course I have.” she mocked . “ why ? You want to join me ? I might enjoy some company .” 
 
He rolled his eyes , giving in. “fine . Destination ?” 
 
“wait ! What about unni’s car?” panic suddenly shot her . She enjoyed strolling around that she forgot about her unni’s car . 
 
“What car ?” 
 
“taeyeon unni lend me her car . We’ll need to drive separately.” she said. 
 
“seriously ? Let’s just go with your unni’s car I can leave this here. We okay now ?” 
“yeah. Cool !” yoona said . 
 
__________________________
 
“That was fun .” yoona said as they both went out of the car . They were in front of the building where yoona lives. 
 
Jang geun seuk tossed the keys to her . “Yeah . Except for that ahjussi who keeps on looking at me.” 
 
Yoona laughed . “Maybe he wants to get your number.” she joked . 
 
“Tssss .” he rolled his eyes . 
 
“anyway , what about your car ?” 
 
“I had my manager hyung to take care of it. I had a great time today , thank you.” he sincerely smiled . 
 
“oh you did ?” she laughed . “Then let’s hang out again next time.” yoona slyly suggested . 
 
“great.” 
 
“ give me your phone.” she demanded . 
 
“Why ?” he asked . 
 
She grabbed the phone that was placed on his hands and started typing . “there.” 
 
“ I saved my number there . Next time we go out it’s on you.” she laughed. “I’ll be going in now.” 
 
“yeah. Sure .” he waved . 
 
Yoona leaned forward to him and whispered in his ear . “ Be careful . That old man must be following you.” then she chuckled and got inside . Before she go up she looked back at geun seuk who was flustered and waved at him . 
 
He also waved at her and started walking with a smile . 
 
_________________________________________________________
 
hiiiiiii ! <3 i want to thank all the lovely reader that I have even if i'm not soooo greeeaat =))) 
thekyuuujiii ! ;'))) i had a hard time keepig up with this story due to busynessss . -.-" 
thank you ! really ! for coping up with meee . ^^
feel free to ask anything ! ^^ 
btw, i'm sorry if there are typos !