Telling Them

Untitled

When I finally returned to Josh and Mali's, I knew I would have to tell my family. When I tell my family I fully understood that I would have to return to Korea. Before I booked the flight to Korea, I had to tell my umma, appa and oppa about the situation.
I knew they would be disappointed in me. The phone call to them had me more afraid then the face to face conversation I had with Landon just hours ago.

When I grew the guts to pick up the phone and call them, my heart was pounding in my ears. After the third ring I heard my umma's cheerful voice, I was scared that I would change that cheerful voice to one of disappointment and horror.

"hello? Yu-Min, you there Hun?" I had forgotten that my parents had caller id.

"umma, I have something to tell you and appa. Oppas and Unnie will want to know as well. Umma I have to come back home to Korea. I did something bad."

I could almost hear the clogs in my umma's head turn, trying to figure out what I had done so bad that I would need to come back. I'm sure she didn't care at that moment as long as she was getting her baby back home.

"umma, is appa and oppa there with you? I need to tell you all at once."

"Yes baby they're here with me, I'll put you on loud speaker so you can say hello."

then I could hear the faint background noise of oppas fighting over the phone. I smiled, knowing that at that moment I was still their innocent angel.

"YO, What's up BABY!" I could hear the deep rusty voice of my twin oppas, Yong-Nam and Yong-Guk.

I smiled thinking about the past, and soon the tears started to fall when I thought about how everything would change. Annie saw my tears, she rushed over to me on the couch.

"Min-Jung, Yu-Min received some news the other week. she is crying right now because she thinks you would hate her or disown her because of this piece of news" Mali was now talking in my place. I watched her and I knew that Annie is not just some woman I have came to love like a sister, but she was just as much of my mother as my real umma was.

I could hear the faint call of my appa asking what does Mali mean by what she said. I guess oppas had clued in what Mali was talking about, because soon after the faint calls of my appa I could hear the louder yells of my oppas asking how it had happened. I couldn't here anything from my Unnie or Umma.