Trigger 8: Back Tracking

TROUBLE MAKER
Please log in to read the full chapter

*poster by BerryBerryMochi, thanks*

(Present Day)

 

SUNHEE POV:

The news about Jinyoung hit me pretty hard a few days ago. I was trying to get over the fact that I failed a mission because I saw a ghost. I tried to make it up to Yuhan for putting up with my childish act and now this. When I saw the paper in front of me, my mind couldn't put any of it together. Jinyoung was in our care so how did she leave the house and wounded up in the river? I wanted to play the blame game, but I know I couldn't get anywhere with that. I had to start where her body was found and back up. I need to search for all and any clues that will help Jinyoung rest peacefully.

Today I am going to the station to see what is becoming of this case. I called the Chief and told him I will be in his office in the morning to get any and all details. I will find out what is going on and all the people that are in this will pay dearly.

 

=

As soon as I pulled up to the station I see my team going inside with Daniel. Yuhan told me that he was really worried about me, but I think he should be a little more worried about him. I'm not completely sure about this, but I think he liked Jinyoung more than anyone thought.

I finally found a parking space in the garage and took the elevator to the lobby floor. I didn't tell anyone else that I was coming back today. I'm sure there are a lot of people who will question why I am here and my leadership skills, but I can't let them get me down. Everybody inside and outside this place is feeling very vulnerable and it's the police duty to make sure that safety is put first.

I finally arrive at the lobby and strangely no one is here yet so I made my way to the Chief's office.

(knocks on the door)

"Chief it's me, Kang."

"Come in Kang."

I open the door and when I take a good look all the people on my team was already seated. I thought I got here before they made to the lobby floor.

"Sunhee!", Minzy yelled with glee. She ran over to me and we gave each other a hug like we haven't seen each other in years.

"It's nice to see you too. Feels like it's been awhile huh?", I tried making light of the awkwardness inside of me. 

I looked over at Daesung and gave him a reassuring smile that I'm okay to be at work. Daniel didn't really give me much eye contact and I can pretty much understand. I'm sensing some sort of vibe from Chaerin though as looks more towards Daniel than me. It is really hard to swallow that someone infiltrated us and got a hold of Jinyoung.

"Instead of looking for sympathy I want answers", I flatly said without delay. "I want to know how were they able take Jinyoung under police watch. I want to know approximately how many hours was she missing. I want to know if she was in capitivity before her fate was decided. I especially want to know who the hell did this to her."

Everyone in the room was quiet and kept looking at me. They could tell I was trying to be in my right mind.

"We looked at surveillance in and around her home and I couldn't find anything. You would think that I could at least find one small thing but I couldn't", Daesung responded.

Daesung sounded extremely disappointed when he told me he couldn't find anything. He is are top Computer Tech Analyasis guy and something got passed his eyes.

"Well I guess we are going to have to do this manually instead of using technology. May be they got someone just as good as Daesung who can also heck into anything", I said as I tried to think of what could have happened. 

The Chief now seemed a little more interested in what I had to say. "You mean that you think there is a computer glitch in our system?" asked the Chief.

"It could be possible. There is no way that I couldn't find just one thing out of place or someone found a way into my highly defensive cyber wall", explained Daesung.  

"Well it's not like that's the first time this has happened."

"What are you trying to insinuate Minzy? I get it that what happened at the club was a minor mistake that no one saw coming, but who would of guess that these people would be this smart."

"Well you were pretty oblivious to it", Minzy retorted which made Daesung take a few steps in her direction.  

"And we are going to take the neccesary steps to figure out everything before any clues go cold. Sometimes going back to the basic is the best thing possible. And we are NOT going to blame one another", I said making Minzy and Daesung side eye each other.

"Daniel and I will back track from the river then back to the house. Chaerin and Minzy will look outside of Jinyoung's house while Daesung will look inside the house. We will each have a poilce car tagging us to help as well. You will contact the Chief if anything has been found."

I already wasted enough time by wallowing in my own self pity, but no more of that. I need to get back on track so we can get closer to bringing these bastards to justice. Daniel got up and walked in my direction. His eyes... they are not the same from a few days ago. He's in pain. I can tell that he has been crying over Jinyoung and worried about me at the same time. I'm such a horrible sister.

Daniel almost walked right pass me when I grabbed him by his arm.

"And where do you think you're going Daniel?", my voice cracked at almost a whisper.

Nothing.

"I did enough soul searching for everyone in here so you need to get your act together. I might not be as trained as you are, but I know that we all have to face reality."

Still nothing.

I forcefully turned Daniel's body to face me. "Sunhee what are you-" 

"Stay out of it Chaerin..."  

"Daniel doesn't need to be lecture right now especially by you! You act like you didn't want anyone around you the whole time you felt bad for yourself! So he doesn't need you being all-"  

"One more time Chaerin", I said in a low growl. "You tell me more thing about myself one more time and I will give you somethnig to talk about. You have NO IDEA what I have been thinking about so don't act so high and mighty because Jinyoung's dead!"  

"Don't you think you are going a bit far Sunhee?", asked a stunned Daesung. Even I'm a little shocked I went there, but she's been throwing a negative vibe at me since I came in. 

"I don't know. Am I Chaerin?" She turned around with her back facing me. "Do whatever you want..." 

"I didn't care about how I felt and thought. It was the people I worked with during this time that I couldn't think about showing my face around here." 

I turned my attention to my brother. "I was worried about what you all would think of me if I came back here. I thought I let you all down since it was me that decided to go after him. I thought I failed everyone. Yes, I was ashamed of myself, but I was more ashamed because you all trusted me and I let each and everyone down. Especially you, Daniel."

I wasn't afraid to admit that about myself. I wished I would have done that sooner then may be this case would have moved farther.  

"Ni- Sunhee... I'm sorry that I didn't visit you when you felt that way. I thought you didn't want to be bother because you failed yourself and not the other way around. I am sorry."

"Oh please. Stop being so sentimental with me. I really don't want to see your disgusting feelings at the moment. What I really want you to do is wash your face in the bathroom, it's hideous."

For a quick second I thought I saw Daniel smile at the corner of his mouth. Even if I was imaging it I would rather see him smile then cry.

"Well if the soap opera is done now I would like to update you what has happened on your leave of absence. Song Byung-ho is dead", Daesung said.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN DEAD?!"  

"In the morning the next day after Jinyoung's death it is believed that he died", Chief Yang said. "Believe me when I say this has got everyone on their toes. Too many coincidences are happening before us."  

"How is that possible?", I asked in disbelief. 

"We only discovered he was dead after the analyasis was done on Jinyoung to find out how she exactly died", Minzy went on.

"And?"

"Strangulation and then multiple blunt force trauma to the head", Daesung said as he looked me directly in the eyes. 

"Multiple? What was the reason for that? I mean even if she was barely alive she would of died being in that icy river all night. There would be no chance of her surviving already with the injuries she subdue."  

"Even so..." Daniel finally spoke once again. "I'm sure they did not want to make the same mistake six months ago. May be Ji- Jinyoung was suppose to be found."    

"May be it's our fault for saving her that she is dead now. Remember by the time the police got to her, Jinyoung was already induced with a lot of d

Please log in to read the full chapter