Trigger 4: How I Met Prince Charming

TROUBLE MAKER
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Poster by Rawr27, thanks*

Narrator POV:

(random person 1) “She has been like this for the past three days. When is this going to end?” 

(random person 2) “Its unacceptable how she is behaving. She is the one who acted like she knew what she was doing this whole time and now look, she’s cuddle up somewhere.” 

(random person 3 ) “Did you see how she looked when the medics arrived to fix her wound? She was so out of it like she forgot that there was blood coming out of her arm.” 

(random person 4) “The Chief shouldn’t have put such a young girl in charge of a case like this.” 

“JUST SHUT UP!”, yells Chaerin in complete anger. "None of you would dare talk that if she was in this room!"

Everyone in the room snapped their heads to the source of the outburst. For the last few days the department has been in a upheaval of news since the crack down on the trafficking and a betrayal in the task force.

“I can’t believe what the hell I am hearing from y’all! Sunhee is a member of this task force and she put herself in danger to get us this far. May be if y’all appreciate what she did for us instead of in’ and complaining...  Sunhee got shot on the job, doing her damn duty to this department. If anything we should be grateful that we caught more than we thought because let's be honest, we were getting nowhere."  

Jung Su appears behind Chaerin and gently places his hand on her shoulder. Chaerin tenses up at his touch and slowly tears begin to form in her eyes. She hurries and turns to Jung Su so no one could see that she is getting more emotional then normal. It was already hard that Sunhee got hurt that night, but it was harder seeing how unresponsive she was when her and Minzy asked how she was doing.

“Why don’t you take a ten minute break okay? I think you proved your point here Chaerin,” whispers Jung Su in her ear. 

"Fine. It's not like I have much of a choice now.”  She walks out of the office with Minzy right behind as Jung Su scans the area of people before him trying to look somewhere else.

“I couldn’t of said it better myself. Instead of sitting around talking, how about we find out what connection does Song Byung Ho have with these criminals. So what are you waiting? Get a move on it!”

 

SUNHEE:

I need to get up and do something. I can’t just lay here in silence with tears just streaming down my face. I’m Nicole Lim! I changed all of these years and I’m a lot stronger than I used to be. I want to go back to the station, be with my friends and work the crap outta this case. But… I can’t go back yet.

What if… What if everyone is mad at me for not able to catch him or give them a good description of his face? I couldn't even speak when the medics came and asked me what happened. What if they are all disappointed at me for not coming up so short? Is Jung Su and the others willing to forgive my mistake? Besides that I’m afraid that if I go back to the department I will remember again. His face will vividly come back to me. I don’t want that to happen. 

I tried so hard to just forget him and the past I had with him. I tried to forget those dark brown eyes every time he smiled, how fluster he used to get when I gave him those adorable nicknames and…and what the hell am I saying here?! I can’t believe I’m going down memory lane at this point of my life.

Ghad! I'm so damn miserable that my mind is playing games with me! 

Why should I care about the past? He's the one who left me there! He could have helped me, but he didn’t! I was so deeply in love with the who left me for dead. But still…

I can still remember how I first found out about him three years ago. I just barely turned twenty when I finished the police academy and was offered a job to be someone’s partner. It was Daniel. My one and only older brother. I always wanted to be like him in a way.  Who am I kidding? Daniel is so polite, sweet, focus and he has that ambition that I think any girl would fall for. Hell, the girls here love him so much that it's sicken. Not Jealous. Just stating the facts.

Anyway, that special day on December tenth I was given the chance to be the ‘eye candy’ of someone’s heart. Basically an undercover job and wasn’t just anybody either. He was still pretty fresh to the underworld scene, but he was still good enough to be put on our radar. I'm sure he knew that the police and even the organize crime lords and their members were keeping both eyes on him.

I will never forget the first time I saw a glimpse of him in a photo. I can say it now because it's in the past, but he was breath taken.

 

(Flashback to three years ago)

“Here you are Lim. This folder contains as much information on him and what he has been up to in at least three years prior. We were even lucky to get a glimpse of what he looks like as well. There wasn't too much info since he wasn't on a lot of people's radar. I think you’ll be surprised", explains the secretary at the time.

I sit down on the sofa in the corner and place the folder on the coffee table. I open the folder with all the contents that was gather earlier and slowly did my best to my remember the info in my head. 

Name: Unknown except for his underground code name Viper.

“Viper huh? I wonder why they call you that my mystery man.”

Age: 18-19 of age

“What the hell?! Who are they kidding? I'm not babysitting some brat who went in the wrong direction because of something lame like he’s tired of listening to his parents", I complain to myself. Like what the hell is the world coming to.

Information from 2006-2009: Unknown…

… Are you tin’ me? There is no information on what this guy, but yet they know it's him. Who put this crap together?

“Um excuse me... I don’t want to sound rude, but I think there was a mistake in the computer or something because I don’t see any information here.” 

I hold up the folder and point to exactly where I am talking about. The secretary walks over to me, pulls her small framed glasses down from her eyes and looks at the contents. May be she can see something I can't.

“Well I’m sorry to say, but that was all I received at the moment. There was no other folder or anything else on him. I guess you will be going in there blind Miss Lim.” 

Okay, just calm down girl. There must be a reason why I was picked for this job. How the hell is there no information on him? Like how am I suppose to know they have the real person? There must be some possible reason why I was picked to go so blind into this case. Let me put on my well-spoken educated voice. 

“Do you know where I can find Daniel?”, I ask calmly.  

“Yes. He is downstairs in a meeting. I believe that it should have ended by now", she replies in a robotic tone.

“A meeting? I wonder what is it about? Thank you.” Of course I give her the brightest fakest smile I can muster out of me, turn around and starts walking out of the office.  Before I could even touch the door handle my name is called. 

“Miss Lim?”  

“Yes?”, I say sweetly without turning around. 

“It’s alright to be pissed off you know?” 

I turn on my heels so fast back towards the secretary that I go a little off balance. “Uh... Okay?”, I reply back in surprise. I bet there is a reason why she works here.

“Enjoy the rest of your day", she smiles then resumes her work at her desk.  

I slightly bow to her then make my exit out of the office, pondering how she knew how I felt without it showing on my face.

“Uh okay? I couldn’t have done better than that? Where the hell is Daniel so I can put my foot up his for volunteering me for this bull.” 

I was going to wait for the elevator to pick me up, but for the moment screw it. I need to catch up to him before he does a disappearing act. I’m sure he got the feeling and knew that I would be pissed off. I bet he laughed at the fact that when I finished reading the folder that I was going to look so dumbfounded. 

WELL HE IS RIGHT!! WHAT THE DID HE THINK WAS GONNA HAPPENED?! 

After running down the yellow brick road of stairs, I immediately spot Daniel talking to one those ‘hot and girls’. You know, one of those girls that as soon as a cute guy comes into work they want to suddenly spark up a conversation. Usually when I’m mad I don’t really give a damn and I let him suffer, but today it's going to be all about me.

“Hey Daniel! Can I have a word with you for a minute or two or three?”, I ask through gritted teeth.   

What the… Oh no the hell he didn’t just ignore me. Why that little piece of… So he knows he messed up! 

“I'm going to give you the opportunity of a life time to choose your own fate.  Either you pick door number one or… wait there are no other doors. So you got no other choice, but to bring your little sneaky here Daniel Lim.” 

He looks so embarrassed right now in front of his new fanbase of dimwits and he deserves to feel that way. He should feel a hell of a lot more the way I’m feeling. 

“So what’s up sis?”, he says, trying to sound nonchalant while walking over to me.

Is he trying to act casual in front of me? 

“Tell me you’re not trying to disrespect my intelligence with your cool guy nice routine act?”, I ask with a raised eyebrow.  

“So I take it you read the report huh?”

“What report? It could have been filled with bird and I would have been pleased. What is going on here Daniel? How could there be barely any information on him?”

He messily fiddles with his hair, trying to find the right words to say without angering me more. “Well I can show you better than I can tell you. It's not much, but at least you‘ll have some kind of clue to what he looks like. Follow me.” 

“Geez thanks a lot brother.”  Although I’m walking behind him I can tell he is smiling and all I can do is smile too. I can't hit him even if I wanted to so freaking much.

“Okay here we are", announces Daniel.

I walk pass him as he holds the door for me. We are in one of those spare office that Daniel uses to hold meetings to talk about something short and private.

“So where is this bit of information?”  

“I had a feeling that there wou

Please log in to read the full chapter