Trigger 1: The Warehouse

TROUBLE MAKER
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

*Poster by ~white~, thanks*

 

NICOLE:      

I can still feel the ache in my heart. The best way that I can describe this feeling is watching my heart get stabbed over and over a hundred times in slow motion while I couldn't do nothing, but silently watch in tears. Just like a picture flip book, all the scenes leading up to that day still plays in my head time from time. Most of all I see that face. The face that changed my whole life the day we met in person. The face that made me forget my purpose and help me pursue a different path in life. To give it my all and start something fresh even if I had to leave the people I care about and love. I felt like nothing could touch me and nothing could tear us apart, except for the truth. The secret that could devour our love and our souls. I tried so hard to push it back to the deepest part of my mind, but I was a fool trapped in our own little inception.

Why did it have to happen this way? If I would have said something sooner, would it helped us or break us? Was it just destiny for us to fall apart?  I ask myself these questions and many more as each second ticked passed me. The only thing that I can be certain of is that I will never see his face ever again, and if I do may it be the biggest regret of his life.

 

(Narrator POV):

It was around ten in the morning when one of the lead detectives got a call about having some evidence to bring down the underground traffickers. It has been about six months since they first opened up the case, when a seventeen year old girl was found in a warehouse, unconscious, with barely any clothing on. She was brought immediately to the nearest hospital and was receiving a lot of care. While that was taking place, two highly trained detectives was called on site to check out the location of where the girl was found. As soon as they arrive on the scene they were filled in on what had happened so far until they came on site.

After the police gave as much information he and his fellow officers could find in a short amount of time, the lead detective and his partner went under the yellow police tape to search for any other clues. Upon reaching the entrance of the warehouse, both detectives agreed on looking in different areas to comb through the scene better. The lead detective decided to take the stairs and his partner remained on the first level.

 

DANIEL:

“I’m not that surprise that whoever did this would use this so called vacant lot as a hideout”, I radio to my partner while walking up to the second level. 

“This place sort of reek and I’m not liking the vibe down here. It’s like some sort of Ghost Hunters Special, but with no camera crew," replied my partner through the walkie talkie.

“Just try your best to see if anything is down there. May be the criminals left something in a hurry. We need to help out this girl by figuring out what happened to her.” 

“I understand! Geez stop treating me like a kid! I think I know the basics by now”, Nicole responded, my partner. 

May be if you stop acting like one I wouldn't have to talk to you like one.

“I think I’m coming up to some kind of side door”, she radio me.

“Well make sure to keep your eyes peeled and your ears on alert. I don't want to have to come to the rescue and fix your mistakes."

 “I’m going in now", Nicole said totally blowing me off. "I’ll report to you as soon as I find anything. Oh and by the way if it wasn't for me, your record within the police station wouldn't be so squeaky clean."

“Copy that, smart .” 

The place looked as though it was left unattended for a few decades. Graffiti of all sort of colors shined brightly when my flashlight went from wall to wall. Scattered trash of every kind laid on the floor as I shuffled my feet past the garbage. It smelled like this place was never cleaned not once in years. The perfect place to keep secrets and with a bit money, to keep anyone who wandered around here to make sure their mouth is shut.

I couldn't believe my ears first thing this morning when I got a phone call that a victim of a possible trafficking ring was found alive in a warehouse. We have been busting our to try and bring these guys in and finally we were able to find some leverage.

"What's that?", I said mostly to myself as I come to what I believe to be a door to my right. "Hopefully nothing pops out, but just in case..." I slowly remove my gun from my holster, take it off the safety and leveled it above my flashlight.

“Here goes nothing."

I place my hand carefully on the door without making any sound then control my breathi

Please log in to read the full chapter