Trigger 2: Case of A Lifetime

TROUBLE MAKER
Please log in to read the full chapter

*Poster by -WHITE-, thanks

SUNHEE:

“JUST GO! FOLLOW THE FIRST ONE YOU SEE AND MAKE SURE THEY DON’T HURT ANY CITIZENS!” I scream out while chasing the guy I think is closer to the boss of this organization. 

“Sunhee! Make sure you don’t beat him up too bad. We need him alive”, radio Daesung on the new listening device earring I received for this mission earlier. 

“Only if he doesn’t act stupid.” 

We, meaning the suspect and I, are running through a somewhat crowded vending street. He jumps over a huge wooden mahogany table and dash to the other side of the street where there are a few alleyways. I knew I had to keep a short distant on him because there's no telling if one of the alleys have a dead end or not.

“If he thinks he is getting off scott free he has another thing coming!", I yell to myself.

I slid under one of the vendor’s tables, because it would take to much time to go around it, and headed to the other side of the street to catch up with him.  The way he's running anyone would of thought he was a professional soccer player.

“This guy is pretty damn fast”, I say, tapping the earring so Daesung heard me. 

"You still didn't catch him?! He must have lightening under his feet or you're getting rusty", reply Daesung.

I wanted to say something smart- like, but I know it will mess up my chances in catching up to the suspect.  Lucky him I suppose. He finally made a mistake when a lady and her child came out of nowhere and he couldn’t dodge them on time. 

“MOVE OUT THE WAY!! POLICE COMING THROUGH!!”, I yelled as loud as I could for everyone to hear me.

I pulled out my badge and was waving it in the air violently so the citizens got the message. He went through an alleyway that I knew had an average size gate on the other end. Good. At least my chances of catching him went higher.

“This is my chance! I bet that bastard think he is going to get a clean straight run through this alleyway, but not tonight", I said with a satistying smile.

I pulled my gun out and kept running with it on my side with my finger ready on the trigger just in case it turns ugly. I would really hate to use this when I'm in a large crowd like this, but I'm sure he knows that. That's probably the reason he didn't go to the other alleys behind us. He knew he needed to buy some time. Smart, but not nearly smart enough.

“I am actually gaining speed on him Daesung! This is finally mine!”, I shout all giddy on the earring piece. 

"What in the world is he trying to do? Is... Is he going to actually hop over the fence?!", I ask myself as I figured out what the suspect is planning.

The suspect didn’t even think twice about his decision, so I sent warning shots hittting the metal fence, hoping he would get the picture. Next time I won't miss.

“HEY, DON’T EVEN THINK ABOUT!”, I threaten. I guess my advice fell on death ears because he just ran up the fence and flipped forward using his hands on the very top of the fence. 

“What in the actually ! I know I’m pretty athletic, but this guy is like a freaking Power Ranger!” 

Out the corner of my eye I see a glass bottle, so I take it in my right hand after placing my gun back in the holster, and hurled it as far as I could towards the suspect. The glass bottle soared beautifully in the night sky, passing the dimly lit lights and over the fence like it was nothing. I can be pretty amazing sometimes too.

Just like I imagined, but not thoroughly planned, the glass bottle smashed upon impact to the suspect head. I watched as he staggered to the ground on one knee.

Now you’re mine!

As I got near the fence so I could climb it and reach him in time before he had a chance to get away, the suspect slowly turned around to see where the glass bottle that smacked him came from. 

“HOW DID YOU LIKE THAT YOU-’’

Suddenly a ping sensation hits my chest hard like I was punched from the inside out. My breathing starts to get raspy and my eyes begins to see double. I can’t nor did I want to believe my eyes. It felt like the entire world was in on the joke except for me and I was waiting for the cameras and staff to come out.

 

 

JUNG SU (Daniel):  

Anyway, we are all sitting in the Special Unit side of the department waiting for the Chief to come in.  Some of the members, including me, were losing sleep. We want nothing more than to see that those scums of the earth are put away for good. 

“You seem to be in deep thought as always Kang", a female voice call out to me.

Is someone talking to me? 

“Kang…Kang…KANG JUNG SU!!” 

Oh yeah… it’s Chaerin aka CL, our ninja in the department and one of the members of the team. She is the type of person that gives off I could care less about your feelings vibe. Even though it's true, it's scarier to see her cute side. Like she transformed with some type of black mag-

"Ouch! How may I help you this time Lee?”, I ask while I'm nursing my swollen right arm were she pinched me. 

“Why must you be so formal? It's Chaerin", she smiles, like she didn't just pinch me with all her might. "I didn't even give it my all. You'll be just fine."

Excuse me?... 

“Well in this building it is Lee and I’m Second Lieutenant Kang", I remind her.

“More like his lap dog", spoke Daesung our expert tech guy in the department and teasing Chaerin buddy.  

“Excuse me! There is really no need to go that far. You wonder why I don’t pay attention to you that much", I reply back to Daesung.  

“The only thing that's not hard to miss is your-"

"You wanna die?", Chaerin asks, as I'm sure the whole department heard her knuckles crack angrily towards Daesung. 

I turned around to see the friendly face of my friend, only to see in seconds the pure look of terror stretched from corner to corner on his face. 

“Daesung, am I so glad to see you have arrived...", I try to make him feel the warmth of my greeting as the icy cold princess tries to freeze over hell.

“Wait!", Chaerin immediately cut to me with an expression that was nothing like the one she just had with Daesung. That is one of the reasons she is our Ninja. "You call him by his first name, but I can‘t get the same?” 

She eye balls the crap out of Daeung, the other member of our team. I see his eyes go into the bag of chips he's holding, like he dropped something in there. I could tell instantly he wanted no part of this conversation.

“Oh Daesung. Our little member of this team. Don’t worry about my chest. At least my stands out more than your EVER will.” I feel ever inch, no pun intended, of the sting she wanted Daesung to feel.

As she walks away triumphantly, I could see steam running across his face, trying to figure out a comeback. I laugh to myself in the background, away from his view. This is just the morning. I would hate to see how the rest of the day will go from now. 

 

Narrator POV:

“That’s great! The first thing we hear when come in is Daesung has a small . What a beautiful way to start the day!", cries out Minzy as she pretends to wipe tears from her eyes,  

“Sunhee! Minzy! When did you guys come in?!" a shock and stuttering Desungs says out of embrassment.  

“Just in time for Chaerin to present the final blow to your LITTLE man hood", Sunhee lightly laughs as she taps Daesu

Please log in to read the full chapter