Trigger 9: Alleyway Secrets

TROUBLE MAKER
Please log in to read the full chapter

*poster by BerryBerryMochi, thanks*

(Present Day)

 

MY POV:

(police department Crime Lab)

As soon as the Chief notified the phone call everyone on the team rushed out of the room and onto the elevator to the Crime Lab. Daesung got up the moment he saw them walk into the door.

"I'm glad you all made it. We possibily found the reason why these two victims are connected in their related deaths. The Crime Lab Analyasis' team and I found some kind of residue on the newspaper and on the letter", Daesung announced to his team.

"Well what cause Jinyoung's and Byung ho's death?", asked Sunhee, giving him her full attention.

"I wouldn't say that it caused Jinyoung's death, but it led up to that point. Which as for Byung ho it was an intent to kill."

Daesung put on some rubber gloves and proceeded to where the newspaper and letter laid. "How do you put someone to sleep?", he asked, looking at them, waiting for them to answer his very simple question. 

The team looked at Daesung as if he was asking a stupid question.

"You could knock them out," suggested Minzy first.  

"Of course you would say that but how would you do it without force", he replied, rolling his eyes.  

"Induce them", said Jung Su and Sunhee at the same time.  

"Correct! Without doing physical harm or injecting the two victims, we believe that they were put to sleep. Can you please cut off the lights Chaerin?"

"Sure." After Hee-yeon cut off the lights Daesung put on a blue light on both of the items.

"As you all can see here, there is residue on both the newspaper and the letter. It is a type of chloroform, but both of them are different types. Choloform alone is very dangerous depending on the amount and it's not really practice in the medical field as an anesthestic precedure anymore unless it's in a third world country."

He continued, "Ether was used instead of regular chloroform to put a patient to sleep, but later on it was found that it has fatal side effects. On Jinyoung's letter Ether was found along with her fingerprints, meaning any exposure, like touch the face, could put her to sleep. But in the case of Byung ho, Halothane was found on the newspaper which is considered very deadly. Halothane can be thirty to seventy percent fatal."

Jung Su walked over to the lab table and stared at the newspaper. "That means that Song Byung ho was murdered from the amount of chloroform on the newspaper and since Halothane was the weapon..."  

"Wait!", yelled Chaerin with wide eyes. Everyone looked at her in curiousity for her outburst who seem to have an idea. "The person in the camera disguised as a guard fringerprints weren't on the paper?"

"Unfortunately no. This person could have used gloves that blend in with the pigment of the skin."

Sunhee looked at the letter than at the newspaper. "So how could they mask the smell? Byung ho wasn't forced to come in direct contact with it nor was Jinyoung. How could they not smelled something so strong?"

"We were thinking that may be for Jinyoung the form of the liquid was changed into a powder form. If you look closely the letter doesn't have that much residue left on it. It would be a lot easier for it to dissolve in the air and all she had to do is breathe it in and touch her face. As for the newspaper, there is a good amount of it on it, but I think it was still in a liquid form and may be something was added to change the smell without effecting it's use."

"Whoever is up to this sure is putting in a lot of effort in all of this. I'm sure all of that must have been time consuming", added Minzy.

"And they had six months to prepare for all of it. For kidnapping Jinyoung and for murdering Byung ho", Jung Su spoke as Sunhee turned the lights back on in the lab.

"We need to find out how Jinyoung was kidnapped without being seen by any witnesses or by our cameras. Then we have have to find out how Byung ho is connected with all of this and for how long. Lastly I want to know what do they use to lure all these victims in to becoming slaves in human trafficking so we can be ahead of them", ordered his team. Jung Su seemed more determined after finally getting somewhere in the case. 

After the meeting was over in the Crime Lab, Daesung went to a computer and sent a report to the Chief. Chaerin and Minzy went to get somethig to drink then sat on a bench outside of the lab. Sunhee watched as Jung Su kept going over the latest information on the analog sheet. She was thinking about something that may change the whole case into something different. Sunhee didn't want the whole team to know becasue she didn't want to explain to them all of the details. She couldn't sit back and watch more innocent people be put into harms way.

"Jung Su... I think we need to take this into a whole other perspective on this case...", Sunhee started.

"What do you mean?" Her brother turned to Sunhee and by the look on her face he could tell that she was holding back something.

He approached her without trying to make a scene and stared into her eyes. "What are you trying to say? Do you have an idea or know something?"

Sunhee couldn't focus her eyes on her brother's face and felt shame swirling all over her body. She was afraid of what Jung Su might say or do, and since it's a sensitive subject Sunhee didn't want him to get upset at her.

"I-I think we might have to go the past in order to get answers", her eyes wavering to look at him or not. 

"Like look up old cases that might have some connections with this? Where would we start?"

"Well... we could always start with us."  

Jung Su studied Sunhee's face and began to frown at that idea.  "I know we had a case that had something to do with it, but it's not at all similar."

"But it does Jung Su..."

 Jung Su now could really tell that Sunee had something to say and that she was hiding it. "What are you hiding from me? Will going into the past actually help solve this case? You know what happened two years ago Sunhee", he sternly said, making sure his voice was low enough that no one else heard him.

"I do more than anyone else but... Remember that night I failed to catch the suspect in the alley."

"Yeah why?"  

Sunhee glanced around in the lab to see if anybody noticed them talking. "Hurry up and tell me. If this has anything to do with you staying away from here for a few days and with Jinyoung's death I want to know."  

She knew that it was too late to turn back from the truth now with him being so determined to find Jinyoung's killer.  "I saw something that night in the alley after I threw at glass bottom at him when he flipped over the gate."

"What did you see?"

"A ghost. A ghost from our past that didn't even recognize me when he grazed me with his bullet. Hy-Hyun Su... Ryu Hyun Su ."

 

(Flashback three years)

 

Hyun Su POV:

This morning has been filled with the most unimaginable things.

First I was barked at by my date in the park, I went to this indoor arcade thinking to embarrass her, but only to run out of the place because I went too far with a kid. I don't even act that way with any other person; hell I couldn't care less what the little brat called me, but for some reason hanging out with that girl... Forget it. I can't believe that 'thing' is consider a girl. Who the hell in their right mind barks in the middle of the park and in front of people?!  

I wanted to leave her right then and there, but the nice guy I can be dragged the embarrassment with me. Even worst I got out of control with a stupid little kid that really needs to watch his mouth. I must admit though, it was pretty funny seeing how worked up Nicole became when he started calling her all kinds of names like you no chest having .

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh that was awesome! The expression that was plastered on her face was halirious but all that came to a crashing halt when he called me gay.

"He's lucky that he got hit with plastic balls and not something more wiith impact."

I finally arrived at my disclosed office while trying to shake my trail off with those cops that were trying to track me. I definitely took a risk coming outside. As I pulled up to the garage I see some of my men taking a cigarette break.

"Isn't that the boss' car you guys?", asks one of my men out loud.  

"Oh ... It is!", muttered the other one.

"Well there is no need to hide the fact that the two of you weren't doing anything, now is it?"

Is he now noticing the lack of surveillance around this place?, I think to myself. 

(Hyun-su)"Tsk Tsk Tsk...", I begin, rolling down my window. "It must be lovely to not have a care in the world. I wonder what would happen if somehow we get ambush by our rivals or the police? What would you two do then?"

I can see the sweat starting to form on their foreheads and it's pretty funny.  "Well may be I asked a too difficult question. Here is a different one. What will happen if I take my gun out and start shooting at you two? I expect an answer by the end of the day."

The both of them looked at me with total shock and fear in their eyes, and all I want to do is laugh at the pure joy I'm looking at right now. This is so much better thann the crap I had to deal with earlier. 

"Is anyone going to answer me?", I say with a serious tone.

"YES SIR!", yelled the both of them.

"That's much better. I'll see you upstairs Sengri in a few minutes. Is the others there as well?"

"All accounted for."

As I roll my window up I can see a faint smirk on the corner of his lips. I guess he can tell my bluff, but I'm not too surprised. He knows me just as well as the others I keep close to my side. The moment I parked my car I see two of my guards standing at the elevator and another waiting to lead me inside.

"Good afternoon sir."

"Good afternoon. Anything to report?", I ask as I get out of the car, locking the door automatically.

"There has been no recent movements since you left this morning and there was a phone call earlier. A message is waiting for you on your desk."

"With the name, number and date right?"

"Of course sir."

"Very well", I nodded to him. 

I apporached the elevator and one of my guards push the button for me. Man I feel I bit stuffy with all these guys around. May be I should call up a few 'special girls' tonight before the is sasuage fest get out of control.

Once I walked in the elevator with them, I face the guards and smile without being too creepy.

"May be you three can loosen up a little. I mean your friends outside pretty much are."  And with that the door closed while they were trying to decode my message.

"I wonder if they're gonna do it", I mumble to myself.

"Oh great it's more men...", I sigh as more of my men appear before me like a male strip cclub I never ever wish to attend.

"GOOD AFTERNOON SIR!", they all say in unison. 

"All the same to you." I walked pass all the suffocation of male testosterone and into my office.

"Well well well. It has been a while since I saw all of my favorite people in the same room. Plus I'm more shocked that none of you died. Congratulations for making it this far", I clapped, taking my coat off and hanging it.

"Yeah yeah yeah. I see you're still a sarcastic smart . I'm surprised your mouth hasn't been wired shut or better yet, blown off."

There are three right hand men of mines standing in my office. The tall one with the actor kind of face and the dark brooding eyes that just spoke is Choi Seunghyun. He pretty much likes to go anywhere he has a chance of killing people just because he is bored. He also likes to play pranks on people and joke around as well. I wonder does he still logs in how many kills he gets.

"I pretty much got up for nothing huh? I thought someone more important was going to walk through the door."

The short but well built  guy with the mohawk is Dong Youngbae. He is pretty much quiet around others, but he can have a smart mouth if you listen closely. You can say he is like the mother of the group. Youngbae makes sure that everyone is alright in the team, but just because he is nice doesn't mean others can sleep on his abilities. Some permantly never woke up. Just saying. 

Last but not least and I mean that as nice as possible, Lee Seungri with the boyish good looks and the panda like eyes. He can be very annoying. I'm not even going to lie. Seungri likes to play around a lot and loves the attention that he gets by girls. Most gangs wouldn't want someone like him on their squad because they think he is a liability. But in this case he isn't. His remarkable talking skills with people actually does help. Woonho can do a hell of a lot damage once the wrong person gains his trust. He's also a great accountant to have since I can't put all the money I earn into a normal working class bank.

"If you didn't want to come you didn't have to show up. I'm sure living a peaceful life with no worries, bullets, countless death and F.B.I agents breathing down my back... Must be wonderful."

"You wish! You can't even scratch your without the cops thinking I'm about to pull out a gun. They're not even sure if I'm connected with you in a serious way. I rather keep it that way. I probably wouldn't be able to sneeze without them thinking a I realized a weapon of mass destruction into the air."

"So you have been keeping up with your talking and sneaking skills Seungri. Too bad I can't say the same with keeping tabs on the men guarding this place."

"What do you mean? It's not my fault you found them outside taking leisure breaks", he said while tossing a baseball in his hands.

"So it wasn't you that said why are all of you so stiff out here? It's not like anything is going to happen today. Oh and don't worry about Jiyong, I'll take care of that", happily snitched Youngbae. Se what I mean. I would be very careful when talking or doing anything around him.

"And your still a snitch like before Youngbae"

"You know what they say, old habits are heard to break", he leisurely said, smiling with those cresent moon eyes.

"Back to the both of you bickering. It almost feels like the good old days." I don't think I can take too much of this day. I need tomorrow to come already. 

"Just like when Seungri use to run out the door and bark out commands when he saw you coming. You know he still does that right?", tattled Seunghyun making Seungri throw the ball at him which he caught with ease.

"Oh so you're on his side!", Seungri defensively said, pointing at Youngbae. "I knew I didn't like your for a reason. You can never tell what you might do with those dark eyes of yours."

I sat down at my desk and took out a bottle of Sotch as they ramble on amongst one of another.

"Aren't you pretty young to be drinking something like that? That's usually for men that at least died and came back to life once", Youngbae joked. 

"Can't really beat the classics. Plus I need to unwand before my trigger finger slip and a bullet accidentally hits Seungri."

"What the hell did I do?!", he yelled running behind Seunghyun. I knew what that meant. He would rather use Seunghyun as a shield than die. Sneaky as ever.

"So what's lodge up your ? You only been here for a few days and your already stress", spoke Seunghyun. 

"Did something happen that we don't know about? We don't need to set up shop somewhere else?", asked Youngabe.

I looked around the office carefully and saw the eagerness in their expression. "Not really. I met up with an old aqu

Please log in to read the full chapter