Trigger 11: A CONTEST! The Lady and The Tramp Part 1

TROUBLE MAKER
Please log in to read the full chapter

*poster by M & M Shop, thanks*

So-ra POV:

I finally told the truth.

The same one that has been eating up my soul again after two years of buring it deep in a ditch. Well three if I count when I first met him.

I guess it wasn't deep enough for me to forget. I'll put it in a chest, locked up so tight that you'll need face recongization and a binary code to get in. Then I'll travel on a yacht to an uncharted island, scuba dive until my breathing starts to act up a little and then let go of the chest with five cinder blocks chained to it.

The moment I saw his face again I should have known that nothing would ever go back to normal.

But was it ever normal?

I haven't been exactly living a normal life, now have I? I have been living in what I call a 'forced dream'. It's a place where I put myself so I could escape the harsh reality of the world around me. It's where I decided to hide when I tried to deny the fact that it's all my fault and there's nothing I can do about it. A place where I can change myself so many times and still recongize the little girl with the horrible pain in her eyes. In this world I even made so many friends and met so may new people like Yuhan. The one person that shines light in this never ending nightmare of mines.

Do I consider him a dream or do I consider him apart of my dream?

All I know is that I'm starting to see more now than what those rose colored shades I put on before. I can see that the place where I am wasn't never really safe after all. All those high tech defense systems and that so called strong force field I put up slowly dissipated the moment I looked into those eyes. Those same ones I couldn't resist two years ago. I would be a lie if I said I never cared about in the first place.

After telling Daesung, Minzy and Chaerin that I'm, well rather Nicole isn't dead, I felt some type of relief shower all over me. She was never dead but somewhere inside me not too far, I wish that I could still believe that.

Can I? Just a little bit longer?

One thing that I can say is that Hyun Su has no idea that I'm still alive. If I still know him, he is very clever at figuring things out. I probably would have bullet holes in my car if he found out. 

The bad part is that I'm sure by now he knows that Daniel is on the case. If he finds out that his weak spot is Jiyoung, Hyun Su might use that to tigger hostilty in him and I can't afford for that to happen. The team can't afford for his emotions to get the best of him. I most likely made it so much worst after telling Daniel the truth of what happened that night. It was more like the rest of the story that I didn't feel like saying. I'm sure he already told the Chief about this and there's nothing I can do about it at this point. The only thing I should be doing is tracking Hyun Su down before he has another victim in his grasp.

But after all this, this doesn't fit Hyun Su's style. Has he gotten ahead of himself over the last few years?

Today everybody has a meeting with the Chief. I know it has something to with the secret I told everyone a few days ago. I wonder how is he doing. Daniel hasn't called or text me since then and I really can't blame him.

He has to deal with the fact that someone like Hyun Su may have done harm to Jiyoung. No one else outside of the Chief and the team knows about my true idenity and I would like to keep it that way for now. The only thing I need to is focus on my target, Ryu Hyun Su.

"Is everyone here?," asks Chief. "If not I will still proceed with today's meeting."

I stayed near the back in the corner away from most of the people because I didn't feel like being the center of attention. Usually I would sit in the front and have sassy comments to say but not today. I just want to be as normal as I can possibly be.

"A few days ago something came to my attention and it is a very big deal to me. I believe, no I'm sure that when I tell you all this bit of information everything in our recent case will go in a different direction."

I wish he would just get on with it already. This is the second time I felt like I want to curl into a small tight ball and roll far far away from human beings. The first time is when I realize my heart and my mind were not insync when I found myself developing feelings for him.

 

(Two years ago a few weeks after New Years Day)

 

NICOLE POV:

I am so bored...

So freaking bored...

So freaking extremely bored...

So freaking extremely incredilbly bored...

I wonder if the universe is as long as my boredom. Probably not. Where is Daniel? I don't know if I took a shower today or not.

*sniff sniff* I think I should...

What I really want to know is... "WHEN WILL THAT DAMN RYU HYUN SU CALL ME!"

It has been how many weeks since he said 'I'll call you when I get a chance'? This is the reason why I am so bored. It would have been fine if that -munching-balls er would of text me here and there. I still would have been grateful for that much but this... this is unexcusable! Ooooooooo he should count his blessing that he isn't where my fist can reach him.

(cell rings)

"And who the hell is this?... Hyun-su! Is he actually calling me NOW after all this time?! HA! If he think he can call me all of a sudden and think I'll pick up, he has another thing coming!"

(keeps ringing)

"I am no push over. I'll show him that much but..."

(keeps ringing)

"Hm hm hmmmmm... La di da di da... Na na na yeah..."

(still ringing)

"But just this time I'll answer it. I have a duty to my job and I will not let anyone down. Yup, that's my reason and I'm sticking to it."

(answers phone)

"About damn time! How long was you going to let the phone ring and ignore my calls?!", yells Hyun Su through the phone.

"Hello to you too", I said trying to sound as casually as possible without going off the deep end.

"You don't sound so thrill to hear my voice again after all this time."

"It's only been three weeks, four days, nine hours and forty-four minutes since we last spoke."

"Yeah... Are you okay?", he had the nerve to ask.

"Of course I am okay. Why wouldn't I be okay?", I lied with all my might.

"I was just-"

"I have been doing pretty well so far by myself without any of your calls and texts. So why wouldn't I be okay? Just because you said 'I'll call you when I get a chance' doesn't mean I waited for you all this. I was preoccupied with life to even give you an inch of thought", I continued to lie.

"So you waited for me to get in contact with you? How sweet of you!", cheerfully exclaimed Hyun Su. "Why couldn't you be this way when we first went out?"

"Three weeks, four days, nine hours and forty-four minutes but who is really counting. I'm definitely not!"

"You know the first step in recovery is to accept it and let go of the denial stage."

Its really hard acting like I don't want to chew him out with how casual he is speaking. Like he isn't SORRY for not keeping in contact with me. I really shouldn't expect much from him.

"What do you want?"

"To bring you good news! And since you was so lonely in all that time of not being in my presemce, I'm positive you will agree to it."

"Oh really? What could it possibly be?", I asked in curiousity.

"A date with yours truely. So what do you say? I'm sure I can cure that 'lonely' state of yours."

"What makes you think I want to go on date with someone like you? And what makes you think I'm THAT lonely to want to go out with you? I don't know what kind of games you played with the other girls you went out before me, but you're sadly mistaken if you think I'm them."

"Whoa! I wasn't even thinking about any of that, but since you obviously don't want to see me I'll go. May be next time we'll go out when you're not on your period. Bye."

"Bye."

(hangs up)

Did I really just do that? And did he say when I'm not on my period?! How dare he!

I bet I sound so pathetic and unconvincing at the same time on the other end of the phone. Plus my cell and my house phone is being tap by the poilce so they're probably like 'WTF' right now. I really don't want to come to that conclusion that I have to call him back because his head will get bigger than what it already is. But I don't have much of a choice...

He'll definitely be a conceited jerk after this.

(calls him up)

"Yah-eeeeessssss? You have reached Ryu Hyun Su's phone. The guy that no girl can ever resist. How may I help you today?", sounding like some sort of British butler.

This guy is going to cause me a serious headache.

"For some dumb reason I'll take you up on that retarded request of going on this lame date you got plan for us. But I swear you better pay for everything and you better not take me somewhere we'll get ban from because we're too old!", I demanded. I'll squeeze everything out of him if I have to.

"So I'll take that never ending complaint of your as a yes. And don't worry about what kind of date it will be. I'll make sure it's really mature as long as you act your age. By the way how old are you exactly? I don't want to go to jail for some minor who has a tennage crush on me."

"Have a good day!"

"But I haven't told you where-"

(hungs up)

"That stupid idiot! How old am I? How old am I?! What about you?! It should be illegal to look that young and have a drivers license!"

*beep beep*

A text message?

"I di

Please log in to read the full chapter