Trigger 10: I'm Not Dead...

TROUBLE MAKER
Please log in to read the full chapter

*poster by M & M Shop, thanks*

(Present Day)

 

MY POV:

Jung Su just stood there staring at his little sister as he try to put all the puzzle pieces together. He wanted to yell at Sunhee and scold her for not telling him about this earlier. If Jung Su knew that 'he' may be involved with this case it could of prevented the death of Jiyoung somehow. Now it almost sounded liked he was blaming Jiyoung's death on his sister. As he was trying to figure out what to say, the inside of Sunhee's chest felt like intense butterflies were going up and down likea rollercoaster. Sunhee was trying to keep a sturdy face in this situation, but she knew that it would be hard looking at Jung Su while keeping her composure.

"Daniel please... please say something", she begged as tears were threatening to fall. Sunhee wasn't sure if he was looking at her or through her. It just felt... tense.

"W-What do you want me to say Nicole? I just found out that 'he' was the guy you were chasing down the street and that 'he' was the one that grazed you with 'his' bullet. I also just found out that 'he' might know something about Jiyoung's death and yet you are waiting for me to... say something", he choked out the last words

"Daniel. I'm so sorry... I was just-"

"I think you said enough Nicole. We will dissuss this later."

"But Daniel I-"

"Just leave me alone right now Sunhee!" She felt like something sharp stabbed her heart with those few words. With that little out burst everyone in the lab turned their heads at the siblings. Chaerin and Minzy walked in to find out what was going on.

"What was with the sudden outburst? Did something happened?", asked Chaerin.

Jung Su and Sunhee was so in their own little world that they didn't realize that they had all the eyes in the lab staring at them.

"I don't want to be bother right now with anything else you have to say", Jung su said through his teeth.

"But..." Sunhee tried to finish the rest of her sentence, but her voice faded away, feeling quite small in that moment. She didn't know whether to try speaking again to defend herself or run away from those eyes that look so disappointed and hurt at her. Sunhee eyes felt like they were getting moist so she kept rubbing them.

"That's odd. My eyes are stinging for some reason," she said quietly that only her brother heard her.

"Sunhee..."

"I really don't know why my eyes feel irritating. May be it's from the type of chemicals in here. I'll just go wash my face in the bathroom."

Sunhee avoided eye contact with Jung Su as she left the lab still rubbing her eyes. Jung Su closed his eyes and took a big intake of air. He was trying not to lose control of the feeling in his heart and with the sight he just saw of Sunhee. It only made him want to punch something.

"Is everything okay over there?", asked Daesung who wheeled his chair around to the commotion.

"Y-Yeah. Sunhee was being a little bit stubborn as usual. We're going to take a break for today and continue this tomorrow. I'll inform the Chief of everything."

Jung Su turned to face the remaining people and then bow respectfully. "Thank you all for your hard work." And with that he quickly walked out the room. Meanwhile in the bathroom, Sunhee kept rinsing her face over and over with the sink water. As each splashed hit her face the memory of what happened in the alleyway crept back into her head.

SPLASH! His hair...

SPLASH! His eyes...

SPLASH! His nose...

SPLASH! His lips...

SPLASH! That cocky smirk he gave before he pulled the tigger...

SPLASH! It's all there. Every part of what I remember of him is still there. So how can he look like he never been touch by the god of age? How can he look like nothing ever happened to him? I don't remember seeing any pain or grief on his face. As though none of that phased him.

Nothing...

The water finally stopped echoing in the bathroom and the only sound was the heavy breathing coming from Sunhee. She slowly looked at herself in the mirror as each drop of water dripped off her chin. Her eyes were a mixture of pain and saddness. Sunhee took some paper towels and dried her face as much as she could.

"Daniel must really hate me now. I was just so afraid to tell him the truth because I couldn't deal with the fact that he came back into my life without any warning. He didn't even recongize my face back then. And if he did would he have shot me? We didn't end in a way I wish to remember."

A knock on the door interrupted Sunhee's train of thought. She quickly combed her hair with her fingers and cleared .

"Is it really necessary to knock on the bathroom door when you're a girl?"

"It's only necessary when you're a guy."

Daesung?

"How is your eye? Does it still hurt?"

Sunhee breathe in and out slowly before walking out of the bathroom to face Daesung. She calmed herself and tried to fix her face by giving him a casual look. "No, but both my eyes are kinded of red now. I think I got carried away with all that water."

"So both eyes were hurting?", Daesung asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Just one, but I accidently got water into the other," lied Sunhee calmly.

"Oh, well your brother left a few minutes ago."

"He did? Where does he think he's going?"

"Well first he is going to talk to the Chief about my report on the evidence. He said that we can take a break until tomorrow."

"I see. May be it's a good idea for him to take a break for the rest of the day. He is dealing with a lot at the moment."

Especially with the kind of news I just decided to tell him.

"I'm not going to get further into what you and Jung Su was talking about. But whatever it was should not bring this team down."

"It won't. Why do you think that Jung Su is taking a break? It's not like we all agreed to this", Daesung said making Sunhee flinch in her skin a little.

An awkward silence surround the both of them. Sunhee had a small feeling that Daesung was saying something more into those cyrptic words of his words, but she knew that no one can know.

Not right now.

"Probably what I said a few minutes ago. Since Jung Su is taking a breather, I am going to go home and see if Yuhan is there. He's been really worried about me lately." Sunhee walked passed Daesung while keeping a poker face so he wouldn't think anything more.

"What about the rest of us?" asked Daesung before she went in the elevator.

"I'm not the leader. Jung Su is. So do whatever he tells you."

"Even when I don't want to?"

"Sometimes we have to obey the orders we don't want to take. Get some rest. You uncovered a lot more than any of us expected", her back facing him, not wanting to look at him directly.

Sunhee got on the elevator and let out a huge sigh the moment the door closed and she was out of view. When she arrived at the parking garage Sunhee took out her phone and texted her boyfriend.

"I just want to know if you are at home. I'm on my way there now since Jung Su said we can take have the rest of the day off. I love you and I will see you soon."

Sunhee got in her car, started the engine and drove her way out of the garage. Unknown to Sunhee, another vehicle followed her once she made it onto the road and away from the Police Station.

 

JIYONG POV:

 

(Present Day)

 

The more I look at the clock the more annoyed I get.

Due to the lastest event, I decided to take a private flight to a private island of mine so I wouldn't be caught in any mess with the cops. I'm suppose to be having a meeting with my people, but it seems like I'm the only one that arrived on time.

The wound on my head finally healed so the stitches were able to come off, but everytime I feel the scar I want to go ballistic on the motherer that did this. I can't believe that some chick was able to get the drop on me. 

"Where the hell is all my people? I swear they better get in here soom before I-"

A sound of a car pulling up to the building made me go on full alert so I took out one of my consealed weapons. I pushed the intercom button to warn the head of my security to get the rest of the guards ready. I walked over by the window and looked down at two SUVs parked in the outside parking lot. The doors on both of the vehicles opened up one by one revealing the exact people whom I was waiting for.

(office phone ringing)

"What is it?", I answered.

"Your guest have arrived", my security guards said on the other end

"I just saw. Make sure to search them well before they enter this building. I better not even find a butter knife in their pocket."

"Yes sir."

Approximately fifteen minutes later my office door opened to my people filling up the room and standing before me. I scanned each and every person very carefully before nodding to the head of security that he can dismiss himself.

"You can all pick a seat anywhere you like. It's the least you can do for making me wait this long."

Everyone that was standing up took a seat then looked at me with curiousity. "I thought we were going to your island for a little personal time, but I can see that this isn't the case", spoke Bom who was dressed head to toe in vacation wear. Her hair pulled back in a ponytail tells me she was more than ready to take a break.

"So what is the reason you called us to come all the way here? After being violated by those security guards of yours I want a damn good answer", spoke Seunghyun who looked just as annoyed as everyone else in the room.

"Me too. They practically were rubbing their hands against my balls", Seungri said, giving me more details that I didn't need,

"Like that didn't arouse you in the slightest", retorted Bom.

"Why did you come again? It's not like you're gonna have any alone time with Jiyong. So I hope you made sure to pack your in your carry on bag", he spat back triumphantly.

"Only if you brought your blow up dolls along. We all know how 'needy' you can be."

"You resemble so much like one that I didn't think I would need to."

"You're so lucky the guards confiscated my gun cus I would pistol whip the hell outta you right now."

"Well if this keep up I'll be happy to shoot the both of you", I gladly interrupted. "I didn't ask you to come to my island with your nonsense. We have other issues to address so let's move on. How is everything back in the mainland Seunghyun?"

"So so I guess. Everyone in the city are on edge because the death of that girl. I think we need to tread very careful for now on."

"Plus that dirty cop is now dead, but I'm not sure when the public is going to find out about that", added Seungri.

"I'm pretty sure that there will be an announcement soon after the first part of the investigation is done", I said as I went through my phone.

"You mean when they find the cause of death? I'm sure it shouldn't take them too long since that Kang guy is the lead detective", Bom said while looking at her dark red long nails.

My eyes quickly went to Bom the moment she said the last name Kang. "What Kang guy are you talking about?", I asked.

"You seriously have been living under a rock for the past couple of years. Didn't you know that he moved there a couple of months after that incident with 'you know who'?"

Of course I didn't know that Kang relocated. I tried not to get myself involved with that last name for the past two years. But it looks like I have no choice now that I know he is the lead detective.

"This could be kind of dangerous on our part then. If he finds out that Jiyong is involved in this he won't stop until he find and kill you."

"Wouldn't he want to put him to justice instead of ending the boss' life?", Seungri stupidly asked. Even I know the answer to that question.

"HA! You are so foolish taht it's almost cute. Do you honestly think locking Jiyong up is the kind of 'justice' he wants? That guy wants to see him bleed right in front of his eyes."

"And in all honestly I don't blame him. If it was someone I cared deeply about

Please log in to read the full chapter