Trigger 5: A Mistake and a Date

TROUBLE MAKER
Please log in to read the full chapter

*poster by Rawr27, thanks*

NICOLE POV:

I couldn’t believe what just happened. I’m pretty sure he left by now, but I’m still standing here stupefied.  So let’s back track to how I got into this mess. I was volunteered by my awesome brother Daniel to make some underground criminal like me. Then I ended up inisde a French café where I had no idea what to order because I got mixed up with the languages.

That wasn’t good enough though to mess up my day. This so called 'Viper' disrespected my intellect level and somehow threw in his number with his name at the same time. Smooth. I should be ecstatic that he even gave me that much info for the first day, but for some unknown reason I’m not. I think I’ll feel better if I had the chance to push him off a bridge that had the hardest concrete awaiting his arrival. I don’t even drink and I just have the desire to take any and all kinds of shots. 

“Lim do you copy? Are you alright in there? Somebody please get her out of there before she makes a bigger of herself!” 

"I got her cover Captain. I’ll her out.” 

Is that Daniel's voice coming to save me from my humiliating defeat and victory? I bet he is going to release some steam on me for losing my cool. I mean it's not like I went bersek on him or anything. This is better than my usual untamed angry self. There's always something broken by the time Daniel comes to the rescue for the other poor soul. 

“No, it’s alright. I’m just here to pick up my sister.” 

Daniel? I turn behind me to see Daniel with his arms folded and his eyebrows cocked at me. I can already tell where this conversation is headed.

“Please don’t start with me. I just want to go to my apartment, relax and not think about anything", I say in a very exhausted tone.

“I never was going to pester you in the first place. Did you at least get to enjoy your lunch?”, Daniel says playfully. I want to strangle him with my lunch. 

I turn to the hostess and waitress then bow to them before making my way to the door. I caused them enough of a ruckus this afternoon. I'm sure they would like to resume in the quietness this place was probably built for. 

“I’m ready to leave now", I sight with as much energy as a rock then walk pass my brother.

“I take that as a no then?”  

I just want to get the hell out of here and bury myself in some hot water and bubbles. Then I want to find an action movie with a guy that looks similar to him and he dies in the movie. I'm sure that will raise my spirits. I'm starting to feel happy again. Just a little though.

 

=

 

The car ride wasn’t that great. Jung Su was trying his best not to ask about what happened earlier. I know my brother. He's kind of like me. It's eating at him. He wants to ask me so many questions, well more like tease me for taking the bait. I'm surprise he's taking this long.

“So look… I was wondering-", he begins, but I cut him off. 

“He was absolutely an !", I exclaim. I need to get this bulit up fustration out before I lose my mind.  "I’m still trying to get his annoying voice out of my head. How dare that jerk come out his mouth and make me seem like I don't know what I was talking about! I was just a little confused and if I was given enough time I would have figured that damn menu out all by myself!" 

“I was just wondering if you wanted me to bring you something to eat.” 

“Oh… Well bring me some Chinese Pork Dumplings and some Wonton Soup. I need to add some ying to my yang.” 

“What? Okay if you say so. Despite going off on him, which I might add was hilarious, you got him to notice you", my brother says, trying to utter me up with some positives.

“Unfortunately”, I replied sharply.

“So are you going to call him up?”, Daniel wandered. 

“Just keep your eyes on the road and keep your mouth shut.” 

“I take that as a yes?”

“Daniel Lim!”

After the awkward car ride with my beloved brother, I hurry inside my apartment as fast I can so I'm able to relax a whole lot sooner than later. A nice soothing warm bubble bath is exactly what I need right now to beat the cold and this unnecessary stress.

“By the time I get out of the bath, Daniel should here with my delicious food so I can enjoy a movie.”  I go inside the bathroom, shut the door, run the bath water, and start riping away every article of clothing off of me. Paradise here I come!

“I can’t wait to succumb to the feeling and smell of green apple and peach bubbles! I definitely deserve to be showered in happiness." I pour a bottle of Apple Green and Peach Bliss into the running water and watch how the water magically turns into white clouds, pleasing my nose. Just the thought of soaking my entire body after a long day, makes my body tingle all over.

As soon as I enter the bathtub a sound of relief sweeps my ears along with sound of bubbles attaching themselves to my skin. The hot water feels so pleasant that my eys shutter open and close for a few seconds. Slowly, I lean my head on the wall, close my eyes and let every single thought drown out to the sound of small bubbles popping.

Unfortunately, my cell begins to ring the familiar ringtone. Hopefully it's Daniel about my food.

Mom? It's been awhile since we exchanged words with one another. To be exact, I think the last time she called is when Daniel had to be the adult in the family to tell her that I graduated from the Police Academy.

“How may I help you?”, I answer in a tone that let her know I'm not interested. 

“Well, hello to you too dear", she responds in that voice like she was too good to call up her daughter more than once in awhile.

“You can’t exactly be surprised now can you?” 

“I am only checking up on my daughter, but by the sounds of it you already had a bad day.” 

“Well if you can sense that kind of an aura coming from me, why don’t you just hang up?” 

“Please Nicole, don’t be like this okay?” 

“If you don’t mind I have to make a phone call and it’s pretty urgent.

Please log in to read the full chapter