Trigger 7: One Hell of a Date

TROUBLE MAKER
Please log in to read the full chapter

*poster by ~white~, thanks*

(flashback three years ago December 13th)

 

NICOLE POV:

As we speak I'm going to the meeting place to meet up with my target Ryu Hyun Su aka Viper. I haven't seen him since our little 'chat ' at the cafe. I recieved a text from him yesterday afternoon that he wants to meet up with him in the park. Out of all the times he could of choosen, he chooses early in the freaking morning. It is so cold the little stubs of hair on my legs are falling off. Well would if I had hair on my legs. I'm actually wearing something very casual and warm, but I still feel so damn cold. I was told that these clothes can somehow cover up my nasty attitude I feel towards him. Can it cover his?  

"Okay Sunhee, I just got confirmation that Ryu has entered the park through the east gate and is walking by foot", my brother told me through a hidden listening device. 

"Is he with someone else besides himself?"  

"As we can tell there is no one with him at the moment."

So he showed up without protection? Or may be he did and we can't see them on lower ground. Plus they can be in deguises as well. May be I'm thinking way too much. This guy comes off as very narcissistic so I bet the thinks he doesn't need any protection. He doesn't know me well.

"You know what the agenda is today Sunhee?"

"Yes. I heard it over and over in the car when we had the briefing", I said, rolling my eyes.

"Good. I'm just checking we all know what are part is in this mission. We have as many cameras up to make sure you are okay and we have off duty police as well. We are going to make sure that no surprises happen to today."

"Good. I have a feeling he comes with his own surprises."  

As for my role, I am to basically play as myself since he seems interested in my personailty I guess. The people on this case thinks that me acting like someone else isn't going to cut. For some odd reason they believe that Hyun Su is attracted to me because I'm 'a lot' different from other girls. I don't know whether to take that as a compliment or not.

Today I will not let Mr. Plastic make a fool out of me like the day at the cafe. It's time for him to take me a lot serious or there will be consquences.  

"You are almost at the fountain. Prepare yourself mentally before you meet up with him", Daniel warned.

I am so anxious and nervous at the same time that I want to turn back. This walk seems like it can go on forever and I'm sure it's because I want to run away. I don't want to have to deal with someone that probably has picture of himself on his phone. He probably kisses himself every morning when he wakes.

I need to make sure that I don't screw this one up, but i won't let him say just anything about me.  

"YYYYOOOUUUWWWHHHOOOOOOO! ARE YOU DEATH, BLIND AND STUPID ALL IN ONE?!"

Oh I definitely know that voice. It belongs to a certain bastard I want to drown in bleach. 

"Oh I'm sorry. I almost didn't recognize you since you are dressed as a peacock this morning."

What the eff is this douchebag wearing. I understand it's winter and it's looks warm as hell, literally. But what is with that oversized colorful bag of rainbow is he wearing?! Like if there is no gold at the end of that rainbow I'm going to be pissed.

"A peacock? You mean this over the price coat that not even four of your salary pay checks could NEVER afford?", his conceited said like what he is wearing is the most beautiful thing in the world.

"Who would ever want to wear that dead piece of anyway?!", I asked in a repulsive tone.   

"Peasant folks like yourself can barely afford a real meal a day let alone a wonderful coat like this. If you like you can touch it", Hyun Su winked which made a blood vessel pop somwehere in my eyeball. 

"I wouldn't wipe my with that thing. I bet your coat had to get rabi shots before it could be manufactured at a warehouse."

"Man... Daniel your sister can be pretty brutal", spoke one of the undercover officers in my hidden device.

"And for some odd reason this guy doesn't really take an affect by it. He might be a demon."

"I'm sure we can go on and on about this all day, but I really would like to move with our schedule", Hyun Su said as he looked at his cell phone. 

"Schedule? You planned everything out?"  

"Of course I did. Well for one thing we need to get some food. I take it that you also didn't eat."

"How could I have eaten when you obviously planned for us to meet this very morning?"

"Can I ask you a question?", his tone changed a bit. 

"It better not be any questions that in the end you are calling me names!"

"Why did you come today?"  

"What?"  

"Why did you agree to see me to today?", he said as serious as ever.

Is he serious? He wants to know why I decided to see him? Like I asked a magic eight ball and it said yes  and I stupidly agreed to it.

"Cus' I'm a peasant that doesn't understand the rich life and since you look like you have money, you can buy me expensive food and clothing", I laughed nonchantly. 

"Is that so...", he smiled.

 

JI YONG POV:

What kind of answer was that? I never saw that coming. She could of said that she hated my stupid guts and wanted pay back so I have to treat her out. But for some reason she didn't say that. This one is indeed different than the usual... 

"Well if you are done laughing at your own weird joke, we can get a move on", I suggested. 

"Who said it was a joke?! I was being serious!", Nicole said as though I insulted her dignity.  

This is going to be a fun date for one of us today and I'm not sure which one.

"Hey! Where are going without me?" , she asks as I walk ahead to our new destination.

"To eat. I advise you to come on before I leave you here."

"So are you taking us to a restaurant or something?"

"I was thinking about that, but then I thought that since the weather is so beautiful today we should walk around and window shop what foods we want to it", I teased. 

"Can you explain to me how in the world is it a beautiful day?", she complained. "It's cold as balls and everything is basically dead." 

"How is it not?!", I turned around suddenly which caught her off guard. "The fresh brisk air that is flowing through our lungs that it almost feel like pins pricking our insides. The chiiling to the bones wind that it reminds us of shattered glass and razor blades cutting against our smooth skin.  And don't get me talking about the view! We see nature all around us Nicole! Even if it is dead..."

"But most of it is dead."  

"Yes it is! It is a metaphor that tells us-"  

"A meta-WHAT?!"

"A met-a-ph-ore..."

"I'm not stupid you !", she barks back at me.

She is so unattractive. Have I made a mistake on taking this animal from the jungle and into the city? Have I lower my standards? 

"It teaches us that life must go on even if they are dead we must survive. And if you are poor and broke you will always see life as this. Cold and dead", I said as cold as the winter wind blowing around us. 

"Huh? Are you trying to make this weird conversation towards me?", Nicole asks me with suspicion in her eyes.

"What?! Of course not my dumbwitted new friend. I would never. Just remember that life will go on for others when yours stop. Do your best to keep your job."

I'll just walk really fast before she can say anything. I'm sure her inner gorilla is going to bust of the seams. 

"WHY YOU BASTARD! I AM NOT POOR! I HAVE A JOB AND IT'S DAMN GOOD ONE AND IT PAYS WELL TOO!"  

"Whatever makes you happy, but can you please stop growing, a crowd is starting to gather around. You are emrassassing yourself even more."

May be this will give her a chnace to-

"Do you honestly think I give a damn what others think?! I'll show you how much I don't care. ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF-" 

IS THIS GIRL FOR REAL?!  

"ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF-"  

SHE IS BARKING IN FRONT OF A CROWD OF PEOPLE! I need to stop this before it brings in the wrong kind of crowd. They might ask her to do tricks and bring food to her cage. Just what the hell did I get myself into?

"Okay you can stop now", I said in a low growl as I walk up to her. 

"But why? This is what you want right? I'm just like you said. I have no means of common sense. I'm just so lower class ignorant fool that doesn't know any better.  ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF!" 

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS GIRL!  Alright alright, you win this one, but I will make sure you pay for doing that.  

"Let's get in the damn car already. I do not want more people seeing this", I said whie pulling her along with me.

"So you do have a car?! You lying thing you! You just wanted to make me suffer by walking in the freezing cold?!  You are a cold heartless bastard!", Nicole nagged as I dragged this ghastly girl from a crowd of onlookers.

"And you made yourself look like a donkey's in front of a group of people."

"And I will do it again if you ever underestimate me again", Nicole warned which I didn't take lightly.  

"And I will make sure to buy something to shut you up."

"When are you going to let go of my wrist?"  

"When I am sure we are out of a bird eye view of people from the park. Now I know I can't leave you alone.  You might start acting stupid and repulsive again.  Even mental people have more common sense than you."

"Where is your car at?"  

"It's another block from here."  

"So we are walking after all!", she complained some more. Ghad!  

"I told your half of brain self that earlier! I guess you thought I was joking."  

"Why did you have to park all the way down the yellow brick road for? If you have a car use it."

"I wish you knew how to use your mouth properly by keeping it shut."  

"When we get to your car."  

"That's a deal", I reluctantly agreed. 

This girl really does know how to get me pissed off doesn't she? I can't lose my cool like that ever again. She cannot get the best of me.  

"There is my car." I pointed right away to my car so she know that soon she will have to comply to our deal.  

"This is your car?"  

"It is! My baby Roxi! Isn't she just adorable. She is so black and shiny", I said as a pleased dad looking at their child.  

"Please just open the door before I mouth off again at this obscene sight!" 

"Fine already. Get in the car", I said, letting go of her wraist.

Why is she just standing here? "Is something wrong?", I asked as she stood there wth no expression on her face.

"You are somewhat of a man right?"

"Somewhat?", I choked out. 

"Aren't you going to open the door for a woman?" 

"Well when you find her...", I said as I opened the driver's side door for myself. "...let me know."  

"Why you... You are SO lucky I am hungry right now!", Nicole stomped her feet then opened the passenger's door.

We are finally and I mean FINALLY, we are leaving. I am so hungry and tired already from dealing with her. I don't believe in ghosts, but if she is one, she took almost every drop of my energy. Nicole is really lucky I don't hate as much as I should right. I would drop her off a pier into that freezing water and not even have a guilty conscious.

"Where are we eating at?", the beast finally spoke after we drove ten minutes in beautiful silence.

"I thought we had a deal about not talking."  

"I never agreed to that."  

"Well after our breakfast you can gladly leave. I do not care how you get home afterwards", I bluntly and sharply said

"Excuse me?"  

"You can go home afterwards. I rather go out with a normal human being."

 

MY POV:

Hyun Su and Nicole arrived at a diner for breakfast to get something to eat.  It was unsually quiet between them while they were waiting for their meals to be brought out to them. Nicole felt like she failed the mission and silently scolded herself for this. She could already hear the others now when she go back how she let the target slip away. Nicole had to do something quick, but she didn't know what. After the two finished their meal in peace, Hyun Su paid the cashier and walked back to his car with Nicole slowly trailing behind him.

I don't know what I am going to do now! I can't let him just take me home and end the mission right there. AHHHHHH!!! I'm going to be in so much trouble when I get back to the station. Nicole, you really need to come up with an idea before he drops me off back at the park. 

Both Hyun Su and Nicole got into his car and drove off in the direction of the park. Nicole's brain was working overtime thinking about what she should say to get him to stay out with her. While at a red light Hyun Su looked out the window, watching the dead leaves rustle in wind. Then he started to formulate a plan to get back at Nicole. 

"Hmmm...", motioned Hyun Su to Nicole.  

"Hm what?", she responded while trying to think of a new plan. 

"You know what? I think I want to do something else after all", the trickster began his plot.  

"What do you mean? I thought you was going to take me back to the park?", asked a confused Nicole who thought she may have a chance.  

"I suddenly had a change of heart", he lied, smiling proudly in the inside.  

"You did?", asked a skeptical Nicole, waiting for him to say he's joking. Nicole wanted to sound excited, but she knew that if she did he might think something else. Nicole knew that she had to do anything to make sure that Hyun Su ask her out again.  

"Where are we going?"  

"To do something fun. It might bring us back to our childhood", he evilly schemed in his head.

I don't think I had much of a fun childhood, thought Nicole as she wondered what could he be up to. Hyun Su turned the block and parked his car across the street from the building.

"So this is where we are going?" , Nicole asked as she looked at her new surroundings. 

Please log in to read the full chapter