Hyung why are you stalking her?

Unpredictable

~Jonghyun POV~

 
“Anyone want to go with me to grab some ice cream?” Taemin said putting on his shoes about to step out. 
 
“I do” I eagerly accepted his invitation from where I was on the couch.
 
This was a pretty hot day and ice cream does sound good right about now. So why not take him up on his offer? Plus the others look too busy lounging around to want to go outside and how rude would it be for me to leave our maknae to go out all by himself.
 
I went to my room, grabbed a random t-shirt to wear, and slipped on my shoes. I walked out to and met a smiling Taemin at the door waiting for me. I know it’s nice that we’re getting a chance to bond and what not but it’s not that serious. Why is he so smiley?
 
“Let’s go” I said taking the lead out the door.
 
“Thanks hyung for accompanying me to the ice cream shop” he thanked while following me. “You are too kind of a person”
 
Ok now this is odd. Don’t get me wrong, Taemin is a nice kid and all plus respectful towards his elders but he’s not this much of a up.
 
“Oh really?”
 
“Yeah and since you are way too kind for words, how about paying for the ice cream?” he suggested playfully nudging me.
 
I figured he wanted something. I know him too well to not know what he wanted and fortunately for him I came prepared.
 
“Alright” I sighed getting in the car.
 
“Yes!” he exclaimed triumphantly while getting in the passenger seat. I started the car and drove to the ice cream shop which wasn’t very far, in fact it was a walk able distance but it would have taken at most 30 minutes. Exercise is good but on such a hot day like today who wants to walk that far in the sun without any AC? 
 
We finally pulled up to the ice cream shop and made our way to the entrance. We were greeted with the smell of vanilla cones and creamy ice cream as we entered the store. This obviously made Taemin excited for he dashed to the counter to pick out his ice cream. Pointless actually because there weren’t many people there in the first place so it’s not like the line is long. Quite strange how on such a hot day like this there are very few people trying to get ice cream.
 
“Hello, what can I get for you two today?” asked the lady at the counter.
I looked over at Taemin who was still contemplating on which ice  cream flavor to get: Cookie Dough or Mint Chocolate Chip.
 
“I’ll get a vanilla scoop” I said plainly. I elbowed Taemin to hurry up to which he responded with a snap, I guess he figured it out.
 
“Cookie Dough  please” he requested with a smile.
 
After the lady gave us our ice cream we went to go sit in the corner to eat the ice cream. One thing I really do like about this ice cream shop is the fact that is quite large so anyone sitting in the corner isn’t to noticeable. Which is good if you’re a celebrity.
 
“Thanks for the ice cream, I appreciate it” Taemin said casually. Sometimes I laugh at how comfortable he is with us though he’s the maknae.
 
“No problem”
 
“So how are you and your girlfriend? Seems like you guys haven’t talked in a while” 
 
Maybe he’s a bit too comfortable.
 
“Ok first of all Min isn’t my girlfriend, how many times must I explain that?”
 
“Don’t you like her?” he further questioned
 
“Of course I like her she’s my friend.”
 
“No I mean more than a -” Taemin stopped mid sentence then looked to his left a bit. I followed his gaze and saw her. Ironic that the topic of our conversation just so happen to show up. 
 
“Funny that she’d be here.” I pointed out
 
“I know right, let’s go say hi” Taemin stood up about to walk over in her direction until I stopped him.
 
“No stay here”  I commanded to which he actually obeyed. He sat down and proceeded to eat his ice cream.
 
Such a coincidence that Min would walk in while we were here and on top of all that she hasn’t noticed our existence in this ever so discrete corner. I watched as she stood there texting and occasionally looking out the window. It almost seemed like she was waiting for something….or someone.
 
“What do you think she’s doing?” Taemin asked sharing in my curiosity.
 
“I don’t know” I said averting my gaze from her direction for a moment. Looking back I saw her smiling and waving at the entrance of the door. Unable to see who was there I waited until the person was visible. A guy came in the building and greeted her with a hug. I couldn’t quite see his face but by the looks of it from where I was sitting he seemed like a young guy. 
 
“Whose that guy” Taemin whispered trying to avoid being heard.
 
“I don’t know” I said watching them as they exit the shop “let’s find out.” I said  getting up pulling Taemin with me. As soon as they were far enough to notice us behind them, we got in the car and drove in their direction.
 
“Hyung why are stalking her?” Taemin finally broke the brief silence.
 
“We are not stalking her, more like looking out for her, who knows who that guy could be.” I explained
 
“Apparently she does!”
 
Good point.
 
“Just trying to be sure. She’s a good friend I’d hate to hear that something bad happened to her when I could have done something to stop it.”
 
“Whatever you say hyung” Taemin sighed obviously not believing a word I said. However he seemed willing enough to let the topic drop.
 
After a good 15 minutes of following them the finally went inside a random building. I parked the car and got out motioning for Taemin who reluctantly followed. We went inside and saw them enter the elevator. After they got in I focused on the numbers above the elevators that indicated which floor the elevator stopped on.
 
“Oh My Gosh!! Can we go home?” Taemin complained
 
“5th floor let’s go!” I said acting as if I didn’t hear him. I dragged him to the stairs with me and ran all the way up to the 5th floor with Taemin lagging behind me. I looked around and saw that we found ourselves in a large hallway with windows which lead to various dance practice rooms. I walked around until I found the window in which I saw Min and this mysterious guy stretching. Lucky for me the windows were tinted making it easy for to stay unseen.
 
Being this close I finally recognized the guy, it was him.
 
 

~Min POV~

 
“Alright you ready TJ?” I asked shaking my limbs to loosen up.
 
“Since when do you call me TJ?” Tae Jin said raising one eyebrow.
 
“Since now. Now focus, if you want to do this right you have to listen to me” I briefed him. I said I would help him and when I shift into instructor mode I mean business.
 
“Alright I got you, let’s go!”
 
I played the music and observed him as he dance, His moves were so smooth and at the same time powerful. Almost as if he let the music take control with every move he’d make. Everything was on point from beginning to end, and to think he was freestyling! As the music came to an end so did his dancing. I stood there awestruck with an open smile on my face.
 
“Wait, so why do you need my help again?!” I yelled incredulously.
 
He chuckled at my reaction “I need to know whether you think I’m good enough to audition for JYP”
 
“Well you’re more than good enough! You‘re amazing buddy!”
 
“Ok any pointers?” he asked grabbing his water bottle that was next to the stereo on the table I was leaning on.
 
“Just be yourself and make sure to express yourself well through your dancing. I know you’ve probably heard it like a million times but trust me it really works.”
 
He looked at me slightly unconvinced. “Ok, but don’t you have anymore critique? Am I even good enough to audition?” he asked uncertain.
 
“You’re good, don’t sweat a thing!” I assured him placing a hand on his shoulder “you’ll be fine.”
 
“I hope you’re right” he smiled
 
 

~Jonghyun POV~

 
“Wow they look close” I mumbled to myself under my breath while observing the scene before me. I should feel like a stalker but I don’t.
 
“Why do you care? I thought you don’t like her like that!” Taemin said slightly exasperated, he must‘ve heard me. He then got up “I’m out it’s too boring here, tell me when you’re done stalking your girlfriend, oh my bad I mean ‘looking out for her’.” with that he walked towards the elevator.
I tore my eyes away from window and turn to find his back walking away from me.
 
“Hey!” I shouted following after him until I got where he was waiting for the elevator. “How many times must I tell you guys she is not my girlfriend! Just a close friend.”
 
“Ok whatever can we go?”
 
“Alright whatever.” I gave in. It wasn’t long until the elevator reached out floor and we got in. Taemin still seemed annoyed at me for making him sit there while I watched out for Min. I mean I guess my curiosity just got the best of me, it’s not like I was jealous or something. I’m not a jealous person, it’s just not in my nature. I don’t know what’s wrong with me, maybe I just
 
“Are you going to get out of there or what?” Taemin broke me out of my thoughts. I swear I think too much sometimes.
 
“Oh y-yeah” I stuttered. We walked out into the car, I pulled out my keys but before I out them I into the ignition I turned to Taemin who was seated in the passenger seat.
 
“What?” he said obviously noticing me.
 
“Do you think you can keep this whole little adventure we had to yourself? As in not tell the others?” I really don’t feel like having them talk about how this may be some sort of sign of my affection for Min.
 
“Yeah whatever just take me home.” Taemin sighed. He must be tired of being out all day with me.
 
“Thanks bud” I ruffled his hair. I just hope he means it when he says that he’ll keep it secret.
 
I finally pulled of and drove home Taemin had fallen asleep in the car which makes no sense considering that the ride wasn’t all that long but ok. I don’t know what it is with him but car rides tend to make him sleepy. But on the bright side at least when we get inside he’ll go straight to bed and not run his mouth. I woke him and walked into the dorm with him lazily strolling behind me. We reached the front and as soon as I opened it Taemin went straight for the couch as I predicted. 
 
It took me a while to realize that no one was home. Where could they be? Schedules? Probably, who knows? I changed into some sweats and a wife beater then decided to kill time and watch some TV. I turned it on to see our music video playing. Now normally I would change it because honestly I dislike watching myself on TV but it was almost over so why not. As that thought passed so did the music video and guess who’s song it was? If you guessed miss A then you’re right!
 
She’s every where to me. Might as well seen her soon right?
 

~Min POV~

 
Soon as I left the dance studio I got a text.
 
J: Hey, what you up to?
 
I smiled and texted back
 
M: Nothing just heading home what about you?
 
J: Same, just wondering if we can chill sometime I’m schedule free this upcoming Tuesday at like 4. How about you?
 
M: hmmmmm Tuesday’s good I’ll be free by then.
 
J: cool, because I really want to talk to you.
 
M: Really? About what?
 
J : you’ll see
 
I wonder what he’s talking about?
 
_________________________
 
Finally an update!! I know I've been M.I.A. for a while but here's a new chapter. tell me what you think about it.
 
Comment and Subscribe <3
 
p.s. tell me what you think might happen next I'd love to hear some predictions.