Too Much Like A Date

Unpredictable

 

~Min POV~

“Hang out with me this Saturday.”

Is that all? Well that’s not hard to do at all. This upcoming Saturday I have nothing really important to do until later on that day so it’s not like I’m super busy.

“Ok why not” I happily agreed, it might be nice to go out for once since lately I’ve been engaged in my various schedules. I’m suddenly grateful that he asked me, this finally gives me an excuse to go out and do something fun.

“Great! I’ll text you with the details, see you then.” he smiled at me walking away.

“Alright then” I waved at him. I turned around to see Jia and Suzy quickly averting their eyes from me trying to act like they weren’t eavesdropping. Fei just shook her head giggling at their actions then looked to me.

“So, what were you guys talking about?” Fei asked casually with a smirk, but I knew what she was getting at.

“Nothing” I replied nonchalantly

“It must be something” Jia joined in with an amused tone.

“Oh but it’s not” I looked down at my imaginary watch on my wrist “Whoa! It’s getting late, we should get going.”  I said trying to escape all the interrogation about what was discussed between me and Jonghyun.

“Unnie stop trying to avoid the topic” Suzy said figuring me out. Great now all three of them are involved.

“I assume you guys aren’t going to let this go” I said advancing to our dressing room with the others following suit.

“No” Jia said bluntly trying to hide her amusement. I playfully pushed her causing her to laugh. I swear sometimes I feel like they’re my sisters. They help me out like sisters, advise me like sisters, and even get into my business like sisters.

“Now tell us.” Jia persisted.

See what I mean?

We reached our dressing room and I opened the door and we walked in. The conversation unfortunately followed us in.

“Well all he did was ask me to hang out with him this Saturday” I shrugged grabbing my bag and slinging it over my shoulder. I looked around to meet 3 pairs of wide eyes gazing at me. “What?”

“He asked you out!!” Suzy squealed enthusiastically clapping her hands.

“He didn’t ask me out, he just asked me to hang out” I corrected pointed out the difference between the two words.

“Sounds the same to me” Jia mumbled though I heard her.

“You guys are too much” I laughed before following the others who were heading out the room. We walked down the hallway until we reached the door leading outside.

“I call the front seat” Suzy shouted running toward the car parked outside waiting for us.

“No way, I’m sitting in the front!” Jia yelled after her. Suzy turned around and stuck her tongue out as Jia ran after her.

Those two are something else.

                                                                               

~Jonghyun POV~

As soon as I stepped foot into the dorm I took a shower, changed into some sweats then went straight to my room to attack my bed. The feel of my soft sheets was a wonderful way to be welcomed back home after a long day. Today was tiring but surprisingly I don’t feel like complaining about how exhausting the day was. Yeah the day seemed like it lagged on but it had its moments. The highlight of my day being when Min agreed to going somewhere with me this weekend.

 If only I knew where to take her.

How about a Movie! Wait, that’s a bad idea because if we’re watching the movie the whole time we won’t have any time to talk to each other. Going to an amusement park seems to cliché and going to a park seems like what couples do on dates and we’re not a couple. I have no idea what to do, I’m not good at these kind of things.

I stared at my ceiling for what felt like forever, it seemed like I would have burned a hole in it with the way I was staring at it. It was then that I got an idea, I know where to take her.

                                                                                ******

~Min POV~

“What are you getting all dressed up for?”

I turned my head to face Jia who was leaning against my door post with her arms crossed smiling at me.

“Just going somewhere with a friend” I said directing my attention back to my closet. I avoided his name, because I knew all she wanted was for me to say something along the lines of ‘I’m going out with Jonghyun’. Why give her that satisfaction?

“Oh is that today?” she asked now entering my room and plopping down on my bed. I laughed to myself sensing that she figured by now my ploy.

“Yes that’s today” I confirmed while pulling out a white v-neck and holding it up to my body then tossing it to the side.

“What place are you two going anyways?” she asked flipping through a magazine that she must have found on my bed.

“Honestly, I don’t know” I responded rummaging through my closet still looking for an outfit. I texted him earlier today and he said he would come over to come get me but he didn’t tell me where we were going. He said he wanted it to be a surprise. I wish he would’ve told me where we’re going so I’d have an idea of what to wear.

“A surprise?!  How cute!!” Jia exclaimed

“Yeah I guess so, but I just wish I knew what to wear. Knowing where we’re going would have helped me figure this out.” I sighed

“Well since it’s summer you might want to dress light” Jia said getting up from her resting position to join me in front of my closet. “How about this?” she suggested picking up a soft pink blouse that I had earlier discarded.

“You really think I should wear this” I asked skeptically.

“Definitely” she replied with confidence

“Good choice” I smiled taking the shirt off her hands deciding to give it a second chance. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to change” I said opening the door and motioning for her to leave.

“You’re welcome, and ok I can take the hint.” Jia said exiting my room with my magazine in hand.

When she closed the door I took that as my queue to start dressing up. I slipped on the shirt and after looking in the mirror making sure it looked right, I added some jeans and flats to complete the outfit. I fixed my hair, added a subtle amount of lip gloss to my lips then grabbed my bag.

This feels so much like a date right now…but it’s not, we’re friends.

“Min, someone’s hear for you!” I heard Suzy yell from the living room.

When did the doorbell ring? I seem to be way too oblivious sometimes. I exited my room and walked into the living room to be greeted by a rather handsome young man sitting down on the sofa, who seemed to be waiting for me. His eyes lit up when he caught sight of me, as did mine when I saw him.

“Jonghyun, how are you?” I greeted brightly

“I’m doing alright” he replied with a smile.

Suzy who was sitting in the chair next to sofa Jonghyun was sitting on turned her attention away from the TV she was watching and smiled at the sight of us. “So where are you two going on your date?” she asked bluntly.

We broke eye contact as I turned my head to glare at Suzy, I noticed Jonghyun scratching the back of his neck looking down at the floor somewhat embarrassed by her referring this as a date.

“He hasn’t told me where we’re going, it’s a surprise” I said breaking the awkward atmosphere. “We should get going” I quickly added before Suzy could say anything else. I grabbed Jonghyun’s arm and dragged him out the door.

“You two have fun!” Suzy called after us before I shut the door behind me.

I laughed to myself of how funny it is that Suzy reminded me of a younger sister that of which I never had.

 

 

~Jonghyun POV~

After we left her place we got into the car and drove off. The first few minutes of the ride were quiet, somewhat dry. I caught her from the corner of my eye and saw what looked like a bored expression on her face. That’s not a good way to start things off. I the CD player and played some music to fill the awkward silence.

“Oh I love this song!” she exclaimed when the song started to play.

I honestly wasn’t even paying attention to the song that was playing until she said that. It was some song by Usher. I looked over to see her singing along with the words.

“Me too, you sing the words really well, you’re English sounds very good!” I commended her on her English skills.

“Thank you, I used to live in America.” She replied

“Really? For how long”

“Hmmmm about 6 years?” she said not really sure of her answer.

“Well that’s cool, where in the U.S. have you lived?” I asked keeping the conversation rolling

“California”

“California? I’ve been there before.” I said remembering the time when SHINee went there for a show.

“What did you go there for?” she asked

“SHINee had a performance there.”

“Did you like it?”

“No, I hated it. The weather and the people were horrible.” She looked at me confused by my answer. “I’m playing I liked it there. I can’t believe you thought I was serious” I added laughing causing her to playfully shove me. The mood seemed a bit lighter and we talked about a lot of things from our pre-debut days to pet peeves, it almost didn’t dawn on me that we were almost at our destination. I pulled into the parking lot and parked the car. I got out of the car to open the door for Min. She got out of the car and as we walked into the building I noticed a nervous look on her face.

“What’s wrong?” I asked concerned

“We’re going ice skating?” she shuddered a bit when the word ice skating escaped looking at the door leading to the ice rink.

“Why you don’t like ice skating?” I’m starting to think that I should have asked her where she wanted to go. She doesn’t seem to like the idea of going ice skating. “I mean if you don’t want to we can -”

“No it’s ok” she placed her hands on my arm cutting me off “I just don’t know how to skate” she confessed in a low voice as we got in line for rentals.

I had a feeling she’s say that.

“It’s cool, I can teach you” I assured her. I’m no professional but I know my way around the rink.

“Are you sure? I might fall a lot.” She warned me with a serious expression on her face.

“Positive. Plus you can’t be that bad.”

“You don’t even know.” she mumbled to herself even though I heard her.

Soon we were finally at the front of the line. We bought our rentals and headed inside the rink. I sat down and tightly laced up the skates. I looked over to Min who was having some issues tying her skates up properly. Eventually she just gave up and crossed her arms with a frustrated sigh.

“You need any help?” I said offering my help.

“Yes”

I took the laces and tied her skates for her then helped her get onto the ice. I held her hands as she set her skates on the ice one foot at a time.

“Ok you made it on the rink with no difficulty!” I applauded her while gesturing her to hold on the side so I can show her how to skate. “Now all you have is push off on each leg.” I demonstrated by skating to the nearest corner and then back. “Now you try”

“Ok then” she said, slowly letting go of the rink’s edge which she was using for support. Once she gained her balance she began using my instruction to move in the same direction as I had before. She was doing ok (and by ok I mean not falling) that is until she turned to skate back. That’s when she began a bit too strong and lost her balance causing her to scream and fall.

I skated over to where she had fallen trying my best to hold in my laughter “Are you ok?” I asked

“It’s not funny!” she said obviously sensing my desire to laugh. “I told you I would fall”

“I’m sorry, Min-ssi” I said with a slight chuckle. I can’t help it, you’d laugh too if you saw it. I held out my hand helping her back up. “Ok this time I’ll help you”

I grabbed her upper arms while skating backwards, guided her in the not so complicated art of skating without falling and might I say that she seemed to be learning very well. I didn’t think that I’d be able to teach her how to skate all that well but watching her skate makes me think otherwise. I guess I’m just that awesome of an ice skating instructor.

“I think I’m really doing good right now!” she exclaimed

“I think so too, you think you’re ready to skate without me helping you?” I asked her. She looked at me with a skeptical look on her face.

“I guess so” she slowly replied

“Great! How about you skate from one end of the rink the other and if you successfully do so I’ll give you a prize.”

“What kind of prize?”

“I’ll let that be a surprise”

“Another surprise? Can’t you just tell me” she pleaded pouting cutely in an attempt to sway me. I tried not to look because I knew very well that it would have worked.

“Nope. Now I’ll be waiting right here for you.” I said softly pushing in the opposite direction, which she took as her signal to start. I watched as she skated her way to the other side as carefully as she could. I could tell she was trying hard to not look like someone who just learned how to skate in the past few minutes. She did quite a good job at it along with avoiding the other skaters who were on the rink.

I decided to be a good person and skate out halfway so she wouldn’t have to skate all the way to the other end, because of how good of a skater she’s become.

I checked my watch; it’s already been an hour?! We’ve been here longer than I thought we have. Time really does fly when you’re having fun. That means we have to leave soon since we’ve been here for so long.

I’m just here waiting for her to skate back, which I’m sure will take a while seeing that she just reached the edge, I guess I’ll just stand and observe my surroundings. As I looked around something caught my eye, it was and older couple that looked to be around their late 50’s. They seemed to be married because they were holding hands while guiding one another on the ice. The smiles on their faces exhibited their happiness and the way they looked at each other showed that they were very much in love. I smiled to myself thinking that one day when I get to be around their age I want to be able to look at my wife the same way that couple looked at each other.

“Jonghyun watch out!!” I heard Min scream at me. I looked in front of me to see Min heading toward me full speed until she finally came into contact with my chest. Her speed caused me to wobble a bit but I kept my balance.

“What went wrong?” I questioned looking down at her.

“You see, I was doing pretty well and going fast until I realized something.”

“What was that?”

“You never taught me how to stop”

I laughed and this time it was at me. I guess I’m not all that great of a teacher after all seeing how I forgot to teach my student how to stop. My laughing became contagious because she started to laugh as well. It is funny how I forgot one of the most basic things in learning how to skate. The laughing eventually died down and I realized that we were still in the same hug like position.

“I guess we should get going now” I said releasing from our awkward embrace.

“Oh yeah we should” she said averting her eyes from me.

We left the rink and gathered our things together. When we were done we returned our rentals and headed out.

“Are you in the mood for some ice cream?” I asked

“Oh I love ice cream!!!” her eyes lit up as she smiled.

With that being said we stopped by a nearby ice cream shop. As soon as we walked in the smell of waffle cones invaded my nose and the display of ice creams made me even hungrier than I was.

“Hello, what can I do for you today” the lady behind the counter eagerly greeted.

“Can I have one cookies and cream ice cream and…”

“make that two cookies and cream ice creams” she corrected.

“Ok two cookies and cream ice creams coming right up” the lady said beginning to make our cones. When she was done she handed us the ice cream as I paid for them. Though Min did insist that she pay for hers but what kind of guy would I be if I let her do that.

“So do you really like cookies and cream or were you just copying me?” I playfully questioned her as we sat down at one of the tables in the ice cream shop.

“No, not at all!” she denied “cookies and cream is my favorite kind of ice cream”

“Sure” I said pretending not to believe her.

“It’s true!  Maybe you knew I liked cookies and cream and copied me!” she accused

“I did not. Cookies and cream ice cream is definitely on my list of favorite things” I informed as if it were apparent

“Really? What else is on that list?” she asked giggling

“Well a lot of things” I placed my hand on chin as if I were thinking “like music is one of them”

“Of course music is one of your favorite things, you are a musician.” She pointed out she then took out her phone. She looked at it and her eyes widened. “Wow, it’s 6:00 already?! I need to get back, miss A has a schedule today.

I looked at the time on my watch and realized she was right; SHINee has somewhere to be as well. We left the ice cream place and got in the car and drove off. Eventually we reached her place.

“Thanks for today, I had a lot of fun.” She smiled at me

“No, thank you. Anyways this was the result of me winning the bet remember.”

“Oh yeah, well I guess I’ll see you around. Bye!” with that she closed the door and waved goodbye before heading inside. That was seriously was too short, I wish we could have stayed out longer.

Damn schedules.

It was fun still. It’s funny, this felt more like a date than it did two friends hanging out.

 

------------------------------------------------

chapter 5 finally!

hope you enjoyed <3

please comment and subscribe, I truly appreciate both!