Bet On It

Unpredictable

 

~Jongyun POV~

We’re at Music Bank again getting ready to perform our song “Lucifer” for the 2nd time on this show and backstage is bustling with activity here and there. Many different groups are going to perform tonight and I can tell this is going to be an interesting line up. Since our comeback out song has been doing very well and today we’re head to head with Miss A for the number one title.

“Hyung look there’s your girlfriend” Key teased pointing to Min who was standing on the other side of the room chatting with one of the other members of Miss A. Ever since the members saw me give her my number that one day outside the car they won’t leave me alone about it. Every time the radio plays a song by Miss A or their music video comes on TV all laughs and jokes are direct toward me.

“She isn’t my girlfriend!” I denied

“But I bet you like her” Taemin joined in coming completely out of nowhere.

“We’re just friends”

“LIAR!” Key and Taemin shouted in unison.

“How am I lying?”

“Jonghyun, you’ve had ‘admiration’ for many different girls before” Key explained putting air quotes around admiration. “But you’ve never given your number to a girl upon first meeting.”

“So you must like her” Taemin added

“T-that doesn’t mean anything” I stuttered not really knowing what else to say.

“The way you said that makes me think it does” Taemin laughed.

“Taemin, shut up” I playfully pushed him in a brother like fashion. Just wait until this kid gets a girlfriend then I’ll give him a taste of his own medicine.

“Whatever you say, oh and by the way here comes your girlfriend” The long haired boy smiled while nodding his head in her direction.

I looked to my right to see Min strolling this way.

“Get some” Key laughed and with that he left to go find the other members with Taemin following behind him. Oh Key, someone really needs to put him in his cage.

“Hi, Jonghyun how are you” she politely greeted smiling.

For some strange reason seeing her smiling made my heart skip a beat. I don’t even know why but seeing her up this close made me realize how beautiful she is. I guess since our first meeting was outside during the dark evening, I didn’t get to really notice that.

 

 

~Min POV~

Our song Bad Girl, Good Girl is is doing really well and I really like performing it. But for once my love for performing that song isn’t why I’m so pleased to be here at Music Bank. It’s mainly because SHINee is also here and we’re both against each other for the top spot. It’s hard to believe that we’ll be facing off with SHINee considering that they are our sunbaes. Tonight they’ll be performing their song Lucifer and they are all dressed in their stage outfits. They all look pretty cool but Jonghyun in particular looks very handsome. I’m not saying I like him but I can’t deny that he is a very attractive guy. He also has one of the sweetest singing voices I’ve ever heard. Every time I hear his part on any of SHINee’s songs I can’t help but get lost in his angelic voice.

“Min, what are you staring at?” Jia asked breaking me out of my thoughts.

Had I been staring at him this whole time?

“Uhhh what?” I quickly turned to look at her before she could trace where I had been looking.

“Were you staring at SHINee?”

“I don’t know. Was I?” I was not lying either because really I didn’t know I was staring until she told me. So therefore I can’t really say yes.

“Yes you were.” She informed me while laughing at my previous question. “So which one are you crushing on? Jonghyun?”

“I’m not crushing on Jonghyun!” I retorted

“Ha! So it is Jonghyun” she said triumphantly. Jia is rather really clever or I just had a gullible moment. “If you like him so much why don’t you talk to him?”

“First of all I don’t like him. Second, how come you guessed Jonghyun first? And third of all we arejust friends” I explained putting emphasis on the last part.

“one, I guessed Jonghyun because he seems closest to your type also he’s standing right there which was the area you were just looking at.” She explained gesturing to where I was apparently staring “ and two, if you guys are ‘just friends’ why don’t you go talk to him, as a ‘friend.” she challenged putting emphasis around ‘friend’.

One thing I can say is that Jia sometimes is way too smart for me to fool. As for her second statement, I could say no but then she would assume that it’s because I like him and I’m nervous, which is most definitely not the case.

“Maybe later, he looks busy right now” I took a glimpse at where he was standing. He was talking to two of the other members of SHINee, Taemin and Key.

“Well I’m pretty sure he won’t bite if you went over and said a simple hello.” Jia nudged me with her elbow trying to encourage me to walk over there.

I looked over at where he was for what seemed like the hundredth time. Should I go over and talk to him? It shouldn’t be that big of a deal since we’re friends now.

“I guess you’re right. I’ll be back.” I said making my way over to him.

As I got closer Taemin made a gesture toward me probably informing Jonghyun of my approaching causing Jonghyun to turn around.  Key said something to Jonghyun which made Taemin laugh and Jonghyun glare at him. He then left leaving just Jonghyun.

“Hi, Jonghyun how are you” I greeted with one of the most nervous smiles ever. He could probably see right through it.

“Hey Min I’m good and you,” He corresponded with a smile as well. However his actually looked good.

“I’m alright, just a little tired.” More like a lot tired! Since debut we’ve had a lot of schedules. They can take a lot of energy from a person. Sometimes we just have to forget about how tired we are and perform anyways.

“Really? You don’t look tired to me. In fact you look pretty today” He said leaning his head closer examining my face. Does he really think I look pretty?

“Thank you, though I don’t think I look all that pretty”

“You really do for a bad girl.” He laughed referring to our song

“But really I’m a good girl”

 “Jonghyun!” I heard a voice calling out. I turned around and saw Onew walking toward us. He politely bowed toward me apologizing for interrupting. I waved assuring him that it was no problem. “Jonghyun it’s time for us to go on stage for an interview with miss A”

“Oh then I guess I have to get going to” I said realizing that meant I had to go on too. I scanned the whole backstage area before my eyes landed on the other members. “Well I’ll see you on stage” I said waving good bye and walking over to them.

 

~Jonghyun~

“Oh that was Min from Miss A.” Onew said as if he just realized that.

“Yeah hyung that was her” I said slightly upset that our conversation had to end.

“Isn’t she the same girl you gave your number to last week in front of the car?” he asked.

Note to self: Never give your number to a girl in a place visible to the other members. Example: In front of the car where they’ll be sitting, watching, and waiting for you to get in the car to tease you.

“Yes that was her.” I repeated. “But let’s go we have to be on stage.” I quickly added before Onew could start saying how he thinks I like her like the other members did.

                                                                                *******

The show is almost over and there’s only two more performance left until we go up to perform. The current performance looks like it’s wrapping up and performing before us is Miss A and they’re getting ready to get on stage.

Since I’m such a gentleman I think should go and wish them good luck on their performance. I looked around the room until I spotted them. I walked over to where they were and then got an idea. I crept my way up behind Min and when the other members saw me I brought my finger to lips signaling for them not to make it obvious.  I got closer and closer then placed both my hands on her shoulders hoping it would make her jump a little but all she did was turn around.

“Oh Jonghyun oppa hi!” she said. I didn’t scared her? She wasn’t even surprised. Well that plan didn’t work out as I thought it would. I was never good at sneaking up on people.

“I was trying to surprise you but it unfortunately didn’t work” I laughing at my own failure.

“I figured someone was approaching when I saw all Jia, Suzy, and Fei all looked behind me at the same time” Min said pointed at her members who were now talking amongst themselves.

“Oh I thought it was because I’m not good at being sneaky.” 

“Well it’s that too” she replied causing me to laugh.

“Anyways I just came here to wish you guys a good performance” I said rubbing the back of my neck.

“Thanks, but I don’t why you’re giving me good luck. Don’t you want SHINee to win?”

“I do want SHINee to win I’m just trying to be a nice guy" I explained. I know she’s saying this all in good fun but let’s pretend I don’t get that. “Do you really think Miss A is going to beat SHINee?”

“No, I know Miss A is going to beat SHINee.” She said using my own words against me

“Good one”

“Thanks”

“Well since you’re so sure how about we make a bet.” I offered with a smirk.

“What kind of bet?” she asked raising one eyebrow and crossing her arms.

“A bet on who’s going to win”

“I’m listening.”

“Whoever loses has to fulfill the wish of the winner”

“Ok then” she agreed reaching her hand out. I shook her hand making it official. All of a sudden I really want SHINee to win because I know exactly what I’m going to do.

 

 

                                                                                *********

~Min POV~

Music Bank has finally reached its end! It’s time to announce the winner and all the groups are headed to the stage. Since the beginning I wasn’t really focused on winning especially when we’re up against SHINee. I was joking when I kept saying that we’d win so I don’t know why I agreed to that bet. But if he wins I doubt he’d make me do something stupid. Right?

Everyone’s on stage and we’re standing next to SHINee waiting for the results. I watched as the number of album sales, digital chart performance, and other statistics on our song increased. In the end I saw that SHINee had won. I clapped my hands because I knew they really did deserve it.

“SHINee congratulations!” the MC said with much enthusiasm. The crowd cheered while confetti bursts started falling.

As we congratulated I saw Jonghyun smirk at me. I corresponded with a defeated smile. He won the bet so I guess I have to fulfill whatever his wish is.

 

~Jonghyun POV~

After our encore performance we went backstage and were greeted with an array of people praising us on our victory, everyone from the other idol groups to the people who worked backstage. It felt nice to win after all the hard work we put in for our comeback.

Right about now there’s one person I want to see and I can’t find her.

“Hey you guys go ahead I’ll meet you in the dressing room” I told the other members who honestly didn’t care much anyways.

I started walking around trying to find her. I scanned the whole room until something caught my eye. It’s come to the point where I can tell her body frame from anyone’s.

I walked to her and tapped her shoulder to get her attention.  She turned around a bit taken aback by my presence. Did she not expect me to be here?

“Oh Jonghyun oppa congratulations on your win” she said

“Thank you, but that’s not why I’m here. Min we have some unfinished business.” I said giving her a ‘you should know what I’m talking about’ look.

She tilted her head to the side and pouted as if she were thinking. “What business could that be?” she asked.

Cute but I haven’t forgotten the bet so soon.

I raised my eyebrow at her. “Ok ok I know you won the bet.” She said throwing her hands in the air “So, what will It be?”

I don’t know if I should go ahead and ask her of this but I might as well get something out of this bet. Here goes nothing.

“Hang out with me this Saturday.”

 

-------------------------------------------

here's another chapter!

hope you liked it :)

I'll make the next chapter better!

comment and subscribe