Sting

untitled {drabbles compilation}

 

Baekhyun is currently at the edge of his bed, seemingly disorganized as he shuffles his feet and blinks his eyes as he looks upward.
 
He roams his eyes around the room, scanning but not really scrutinizing every object there is. He's tried blinking his eyes a couple of times, pushing them open with his thumb pad and pointer but to no avail. He's even resorted to water and rubbing his eyes as its wet, having gotten out of the bathroom from his nightly shower.
It only takes him a spare look at Chanyeol to give this up once and for all to ask for help.
 
"Chan, there's something in my eye."
 
"Yeah?" Chanyeol gives him a once over, back resting on the headboard of his bed as he goes back into reading. "They look perfectly fine to me. Beautiful."
 
"You're only saying that!"
 
"Well, what am I supposed to do about it then?"
 
"How bout you help me out?!" Baekhyun whines, standing and scooting over the space beside Chanyeol who gives him a disgruntled sigh emphasizing that he's just been disturbed.
 
"Okay, fine. Let me see," and so Chanyeol finally puts down the book after he's made a crease at the last page he was reading. He turns over to Baekhyun and pushes his long fingers away from his face and replaces them with his own, hands placed firmly on Baekhyun's cheeks and... "Your eyes are red!!"
 
"That's what I've been trying to say earlier! You weren't even paying attention earlier saying they looked beautiful."
 
"But it is--they are! Not in this state, though."
 
"Now help me get the thing off! It stings."
 
"Blink it off?"
 
"Tried it."
 
"Water?"
 
Baekhyun nodded. 
 
"Rubbing?"
 
"It made it worse, but yes I've tried it."
 
By this time, truthfully, Chanyeol's paying less and less attention. He eyes Baekhyun warily, eyes roaming at the design of the pajamas he's wearing. Unicorns over a blanket of pink, just sweet. He doesn't know why, but it's cute when he eyes what he's wearing as well and sees blue but plain old boring blue but then at least the colors they're wearing complement. Just as well, a thought breaks in his skull like a plague and all of a sudden he's thinking about the last time he kissed Baekhyun. And mishaps upon mishaps, last week. 
 
So Chanyeol then says, "Okay, uhm, close your eyes," for lack of words or questions to ask, for that matter, and everything else. 
 
"I've tried that one, too, though."
 
"Just close them will you." 
 
And it's when Chanyeol does it, put his lips softly over Baekhyun's. It was gentle, chaste, involved a little bit of pressure but just that.
 
Baekhyun recoils from it, opening his eyes at the same time with a question, "What was that for?," but all he sees is Chanyeol looking at him, staring even. 
 
It doesn't take long, though, until Chanyeol does it again. This time rougher, but not really, and Baekhyun's eyes shuts close with the massaging of lips and momentary cloud nine he feels like he's on high.
 
But Chanyeol just had to ruin it by withdrawing and putting a question in between them concerning the thing that's been apparently stuck in Baekhyun's eyes for a few minutes now, "So is it gone?"
 
"What is gone?" Baekhyun sounds lost for a minute, perhaps thinking that yes Chanyeol's lips are gone from his but...
 
"The thing..." Chanyeol points at his eyes, ...on your eyes?" 
 
"Yeah," Baekhyun actually sounds a bit disappointed, but goes over the mirror in the bathroom to check if his eyes are red still and they're not. "You're... fantastic."
 
"Yes, yes, and yes I know. Now, can I go back to reading?" 
 
Baekhyun just sighs. 
 
--
 
A/N: it could right. I mean you could get that thing off your eyes if you shut your eyes close for a few minutes? hahah same happened to me earlier and my eyes were red I wanted to cry.