pitter-patter

untitled {drabbles compilation}

Baekhyun hates the rain with a burning passion—the way the rain dampens his skin, the way it wets his clothes, the way his clothes sticks on him like a second skin—he hates it.

 

So he's beyond irked to be welcomed by rain as he waits with Chanyeol for the rain to cease for even just a little while after they got out of their same and last subject for today.

 

Chanyeol's not helping either, because Baekhyun watches him lean out the shed to feel the rain on his skin. Good thing the taller has a jacket on, but Baekhyun's also shivering in the cold with only his casual clothes on. He meant not to bring his jacket, because hadn't expected it to rain today. The weather forecast didn't say anything about it, either.

 

"Let's go to the library," Baekhyun grumpily offers, gripping on Chanyeol's wrist to pull him back in the shed.

 

"Come on, Baek," Chanyeol prods, gripping Baekhyun's free hand with a free hand of his as well. "We don't have all day and we need to finish a project for tomorrow!"

 

"No!" Baekhyun angrily retorts, arms crossed over his chest, because he definitely isn't running in the rain back to the dormitory.

 

Chanyeol’s his roommate too and the dorm is fairly near and easy to run towards, but Baekhyun is not giving in.

 

"Can you not, Yeol?!" Baekhyun angrily bites when Chanyeol refuses to loosen his grip on him. "We can type it up on the library. We can't risk getting sick. The dorm is just around the corner, anyways."

 

"Exactly!" Chanyeol exclaims. "We never get anything done in the library, you know."

 

"Okay, fine," Baekhyun gives up, throws his arms in the air in surrender because he knows he's bound to lose anyway.

 

So they brave the rain together, hands tightly knit in each other's reserved warmth at the palm of their hands as they run for their lives.

 

 

 

 

 

But Baekhyun's certainly surprised when Chanyeol stops right at the front of their dorm and removes his jacket to wear on him.

 

Chanyeol promptly traces the hoodie of his jacket now over Baekhyun's head and Baekhyun's taken by surprise when Chanyeol cups both his cheeks and presses a soft pressured kiss on his lips.

 

Chanyeol is also his boyfriend, so of course he lets him. 

 

Baekhyun responds just as eagerly and with a burning passion akin to how he hates the rain.

 

The rain is still falling, puddles at the pools of their feet and covering them from head to toe, but Baekhyun thinks he could manage—could get used to this—and maybe learn to love the rain.

 

 

 

 

 

Later on, rid off all their drenched clothes and dry and warm in newly pressed ones, they cuddle in bed wrapped in each other's warmth under fluffy soft sheets.

 

"So how 'bout that project you were talking about, Yeol?" Baekhyun asks.

 

"It could wait," Chanyeol says, brushing a featherweight peck on Baekhyun's cheek.

 

They fix their position, Chanyeol's arms hanging loose over Baekhyun's waist and promptly fall into a deep slumber—rain still falling pitter-patter. 

 

 

 

 

 

--

gosh, you guys don't know how mad i was lately. it was raining so hard and we were on our way to mass. it's not that i'm complaining about going, but heck i hate the feeling of my pants sticking like a second skin on my legs and my sleeves just as well on my arms. it's just... ughhh. and so here's a drabble. (:

 

on a positive note, i might be updating this tomorrow as well!