Oblivious

untitled {drabbles compilation}

Summary: In which Hunhan is real and Baekyeol is oblivious to their mutual feelings. Baekhyun with Luhan share a room and Sehun with Chanyeol. The company is strict with rooming policies, so when Sehun said he really needed to see Luhan, an exchange was made.
--

 

It wasn't right that they were sharing a room.

 
Chanyeol is a boy and Baekhyun another boy that he apparently likes. And no matter how seemingly turning off he looked in his disheveled pajamas and birds nest of a hair, Chanyeol still very much likes him for his versatility and love for a variety of things. It's not that Chanyeol is against having to room with Baekhyun, just that he's afraid he might say something in his sleep. 
 
Chanyeol was supposed to be rooming with Sehun, but then the youngest insisted he needed to see Luhan. This then resulted Sehun to exchange rooms with Baekhyun for the night to be able to see Luhan. Chanyeol disagreed to it at first, but when he heard that Sehun was exchanging with Baekhyun, he guessed that it wouldn't be entirely bad after all. But then again, Hunhan are an item and the company's policies about rooming is strict. They said it's got something to do with improving relationship or something along those lines, so he felt half-guilty for not complying. 
 
Baekhyun had entered the room disheveled; his pajamas wrinkled and hair in a tangled mess. He must have been sleeping already, is what Chanyeol thinks. So Chanyeol sits up straight, leaning over to roll the double bed out underneath.
 
"You can have the bed, I'll be on guard on the pull-out," Chanyeol offers.
 
"Wait," Baekhyun says, eyes still closed, making his way over the edge of the pull-out. "I'm still thinking."
 
And Chanyeol doesn't know what he's saying. It may be an unconscious habit of sleep talking. 
 
Chanyeol couldn't help it, so his unnecessary gentlemanly instincts came naturally. He waited patiently, until he watched Baekhyun diving on said pull-out with his face mushed onto a pillow, not even minding how his sleeping position was. 
 
"Will you be okay there?" Chanyeol asked, leaning over to check up on Baekhyun.
 
"I think so..." It's a little muffled and low, but Chanyeol still understands. 
 
 
 
 
 
But after a while, Baekhyun remains wide awake despite feeling really funny and sleepy lately. He hears soft snores coming from the taller. As he turned over on the pull-out, looking at the ceiling this time, his eyes are wide open searching the dim room for nothing in particular with his small brown eyes. It was after lights out and he couldn't settle down and sleep. It felt like eternity with every minute passing by. 
 
He wants so much to wake Chanyeol up, because he felt very much afraid. It's something he dislikes with himself, being afraid of the dark. But then he would feel very much embarrassed and wouldn't know what to say if he did wake Chanyeol up from his seemingly deep slumber by now as the taller's snores became more relaxed and sound. 
 
Well, isn't that even more an opening for him to wake him up already? He could just say he was disturbing his sleep, right? But then again that would sound very much disrespectful. 
 
He sighed then and thought about Luhan who almost always made him sleep beside him when he was scared. Luhan even lets him keep the lights open in the bathroom. But this here's a different situation, because he likes Chanyeol. And no, he doesn't think it would be a good idea. He's afraid he wouldn't be able to sleep staring at the taller all night. 
 
He still has an option 2 to open the lights, though. But then someone might go in the room and check when they all fully well know he wasn't supposed to be rooming with Chanyeol. If he did, that would yet be another scolding process. Well, apart from the complying with Hunhan thing. 
 
He made his decision, though, and planted a foot on the wooden ground. It creaked every now and then. He planned to go to the bathroom, to open the light there, and maybe to find temporary sanctuary in there as well. So he did, gripped on the sink's edge to support himself as he looked up with his eyes closed to the mirror. But he's caught off guard as he feels a hand landing on his shoulders. He didn't want to look back. Oh , he was feeling scared.
 
But then he heard Chanyeol's voice.
 
"What are you doing here?"
 
"Oh , you scared me!" he exclaimed, holding onto Chanyeol's hand still on his shoulders. "Anyway, I can't sleep. I needed light, and so I went here afraid that manager hyung might check in the room if I did open the room's light, so I managed to settle in the bathroom instead."
 
"You can't sleep without lights?"
 
"Unfortunately?" he sounded like he was asking, and Chanyeol could only laugh at that. "Well, I guess, exceptions for when I really need sleep real bad."
 
"It's still 11. Tell me what would make you sleep with the lights out," the other offered with a smile.
 
"Three pillows," he replied, "But that would be too inconvenient considering that there are only two pillows in the room."
 
"You can have mine."
 
"Stop acting like a saint, Chanyeol."
 
"But I'm serious."
 
Baekhyun swore Chanyeol was about to get angry at him with that last sentence he said about the taller acting like a saint. Baekhyun just doesn't know how Chanyeol had managed to turn it off. Maybe he's sleepy to even care, is what he thinks.
 
"You be my pillow." Baekhyun lets out instead, doesn't know where that came from. But it's to lighten the mood as well.
 
"OkWhat!?" Chanyeol exclaimed. 
 
"You look decent enough, and I promise no one will know of it. I just need my sleep and I think you need yours, too. I sometimes sleep with Luhan hyung and we're both guys, so I don't understand what your big fuss is about."
 
"I justokay. Alright."


So that night, they unexpectedly sleep safe and sound in each other's arms. 

--
this has been in my mail drafts for a while now. idk. I forgot to post.