What if...

untitled {drabbles compilation}

 

this here's something really simple i came up with yesterday. it's nothing much, really, and it's a bit rushed but the idea kind of just really got to me. i actually should be studying for my midterms for theology tomorrow, but i felt like writing something for baekyeol and for all you lovely readers. enjoy, though~~^^
 
--
 
"Chanyeol, what if..." and Baekhyun's words fade. He's looking up at the ceiling and Chanyeol's assuming he's thinking too deep again, just by the way he called him not with a nickname. "Aaaaaaah, never mind!" and then Baekhyun shakes his head before burying it onto a pillow. 
 
Chanyeol is all but curious, looking up from the computer screen when Baekhyun momentarily prolongs 'ah' cause it's not normal and maybe it is, but not in this kind of situation anyway. So he pouts and waits until Baekhyun gets his head out of the burial he's made the pillow into especially for his head. Baekhyun is wide eyed and catches Chanyeol's gaze and his pout and his curly blonde hair and "Aaaaaaah!" he goes again.
 
"Just tell me." 
 
"No, you'll judge me!" Baekhyun whines.
 
"Insecure Byun," Chanyeol retorts.
 
"Whatever, I won't," is what Baekhyun says with finality.
 
And Chanyeol stalks over Baekhyun's bed, sitting on its edge as he pokes Baekhyun and most especially snake his hand onto his neck. It stays there for quite a while, moving and feeling. Baekhyun responds to that with his usual ticklish squeals and rolling and rolling over his bed like some endless ocean.
 
In a minute or two, they find themselves in an awkward position with Chanyeol toppling Baekhyun over. 
 
Baekhyun only stares wide-eyed at Chanyeol and covers his face to hide whatever is there to hide. Maybe it's a blush, maybe it's a secret, and maybe Chanyeol will know what it is in a few minutes.
 
And it sort of clicks with Chanyeol. He doesn't know, but he gets it and all of a sudden he's lying on the bed beside Baekhyun.
 
"This is not fan service," Chanyeol says, counting the glow-in-the-dark stick-ons on the ceiling. They're not really glowing at this time with the lights obviously on and glaring on both their beings, but maybe this is one of a million glowing moments for the both of them—realizations and all.  
 
Baekhyun only freezes on his side, finding Chanyeol right in front of his form after prying his hands off of his face. 
 
"But you're straight," Baekhyun says, ever so sure and willing to find out the truth maybe.
 
"Why are you so sure?" is what Chanyeol asks, looking over Baekhyun's face and his dark brown wavy hair, eyes shining in the light cast just above them, nose as cute as a button, cheekbones high up, and lips...cherry red lips. 
 
As Chanyeol is doing this, he is weighing possibilities in mind and what ifs, if at all
 
"What about Kim Yejin?" Baekhyun asks in curiosity, trying to keep his eyes fixed only on Chanyeol's forehead but his eyes.
 
"That's a thing of the past," Chanyeol deadpans, just before another thought clicked in his head covered with a clump full of blonde messy locks. "You've been reading about me!" he then says accusingly, pointing at Baekhyun with his pointer whilst laughing.
 
"No, I was reading about all the members," Baekhyun defends.
 
"Oh yes you're not," Chanyeol says, just as sure as Baekhyun assuming him to be straight. "And we could try," is the last thing he murmurs and Baekhyun's left in deep thinking yet.
 
And really, Baekhyun doesn't know how Chanyeol could read him so well despite being the stupid happy virus that he is—despite him laughing over the probably unfortunate fate of his heart leaning onto liking Chanyeol as more than a best friend. Furthermore, Baekhyun doesn't know if this is exclusive homouality just because he's inhabiting a house full of men or biuality triggered because he's sure he's still somehow attracted to women. He doesn't know. But he knows, he really knows... he likes Chanyeol so much more than a best friend. Fan service couldn't even do it justice.
 
Baekhyun thinks back to that question he never finished, "What if... Chanyeol, what if we're in love?"
 
And Chanyeol says they could try.

--
 
and idk i feel like i could add more imagery or detail into this, but i'd like to keep it simple like this ;) for all the simple things, lol... i'm reference-ing my stories, i'm pathetic otl