Thunderstorm

untitled {drabbles compilation}

 

The rain is pouring and a thunderstorm is sound. It's after Chanyeol took-a-bath that he doesn't see Baekhyun anywhere in the lamp lit room as he's rubbing his hair with a towel. For a moment, he ignores that little fact and opens his laptop to check on Exo's main site hoping to receive something from their fans that would make him smile. Later on, he mentally notes to himself to tell them to Baekhyun. 
 
When he finishes, he just shuts his laptop and stares across his bed to Baekhyun's for a few good minutes until he hears muffled sobs. 
 
The thunderstorm is getting louder and Chanyeol thinks for a moment that it's nothing—that it is probably best to ignore. He decides that it's best just staring out the window watching the rain pour harder by the second. And it's also in those few moments when he hears a strange creaking sound and his attention shifts to Baekhyun's side table. 
 
It's strange, he thinks—how it's moving...really moving and in such a force that would actually require stronger limbs than just air. At first, he hesitates to take a step and look to find out what it could possibly be. But he knows curiosity is in the way when he carefully stands up and shivers when he sees a bump under a white blanket underneath Baekhyun's bed. 
 
Suddenly, the thunderstorm is louder and he hears the sound of muffled sobs again.
 
"Y-yeol."
 
And it's strange again, Chanyeol thinks—how it sounds just like Baekhyun. And for a minute he thinks, until his fear ebbs and he knows just why exactly it sounds like Baekhyun. Because it is!
 
In haste, he crouches and sits on the floor ushering the bump under Baekhyun's bed out. 
 
And Chanyeol feels a crummy feeling sitting in his stomach when he removes the white blanket and Baekhyun's tear-stricken face. He feels him shivering as he sits him up and puts both his hands over the other's shoulders. 
 
Baekhyun keeps on crying. He looks helpless and Chanyeol could only stare—still thinking what the problem is and how he could comfort Baekhyun. 
 
Suddenly, the thunderstorm is even louder and so is Baekhyun's sobbing and uncontrollable shiver and Chanyeol understands because Chanyeol moves his hands over Baekhyun's ears and tries so hard not to let Baekhyun hear anything. 
 
But despite that, "I'm here" escapes Chanyeol's lips and Baekhyun buries his face at the crook of Chanyeol's neck. One of Chanyeol's hands returns to his side and the other still covering one of Baekhyun's ears awkwardly now as Baekhyun leads his hands to Chanyeol's side and gripping so hard in a hug. 
 
"I'm s-sooo s-caare-d."
 
And in that, Chanyeol smirks—not that it's appropriate to do so, but because next time, he notes, that Chen should always be near. He thinks that maybe it'll work, even just for a while and even if it's just a make-believe power each one of them pretends to possess. And Baekhyun will always be hugging him and burying his face at the crook of his neck like there's no tomorrow.