Cereal Killer

untitled {drabbles compilation}
HAPPY HALLOWEEN, EVERYONE!! ^^
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
chibi!baekyeol, btw. have fuuuun. first attempt at chibi actually omg skdjfhgskdjfghkdjf
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Yeollie, want to go trick or treating with me?" Little Baekhyun asks, upward curved lips apparent on his face and eyes hiding behind crescents. 
 
Little Chanyeol is preoccupied in his seat. He's tinkering with a toy car they played with just lately that ended up in pieces on the floor. It's not Chanyeol's and owner Baekhyun couldn't care less. It just means so much for Chanyeol, because this was the toy that got them to be friends and having it broken may mean a broken friendship later on—(at least, it's a personal superstition he came up with). 
 
Chanyeol knows deep down in his heart he doesn't want that, so he tries so hard, brushing his thumb over screws, nose scrunching in distaste, and grumpy creases forming on his forehead.
 
Baekhyun goes over where Chanyeol is when he doesn't hear a reply. He's pouting after placing his chin on Chanyeol's shoulder, trying so hard to look over what the taller's doing.
 
"Aren't you coming trick or treating with me?" Baekhyun prods, moving his chin over Chanyeol's shoulder in an attempt to tickle, but to no avail. "It's happening next week, so you better come in costume! I'm coming as the Sandman."
 
"Yes, yes," Little Chanyeol mutters. "I'm just fixing this. Don't move so much, Baekkie."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
On the day of their trick or treating, Baekhyun appears wearing his Sandman costume (thanks to Rise of the Guardians) holding a pumpkin pail with a crooked smile, right at Chanyeol's doorstep after a couple of doorbells. 
 
The door opens a little later, but what welcomes Baekhyun is the least he expects. 
 
There, right in front of him, Chanyeol stands in his pajamas, cheeks red and eyes swollen from crying, curly hair sticking from different directions, and glasses terribly misplaced. He's wailing non-stop and Baekhyun looks so horrified with this that he immediately pulls Chanyeol out of his house to sit with him on a bench.
 
"I-I-I couldn't fix our toy car," Chanyeol wheezes, hands removing his glasses to rub his eyes to try and stop himself from crying. "I-I was c-crying soooo h-hard for days, Baekkie. My m-mom-my was so mm-mad she wouldn't b-buuy me a c-costume."
 
"Hey Yeollie, that's okay," Baekhyun says quiet, feet trying to reach the ground as he sits. "I didn't ask you to fix it, anyway. I don't blame you either."
 
"B-but that toy car's important!" Chanyeol almost exclaims, except he cries harder and blows his runny nose on his sleeve. 
 
"I can buy you a new one as present this coming Christimas if you want one!" Baekhyun offers with a beam. 
 
"It won't be the same."
 
"Look, Yeollie, it's Halloween!" Baekhyun jumps from his seat and stands in front of Chanyeol. "It's nearing Christmas, too," he offers, pointer in the air as he whispers to Chanyeol's ear, "and maybe if you stop crying, Santa would fix it for you by then."
 
"Christmas is not happening for another month."
 
Chanyeol finally says and stops crying.
 
"But think about it, naughty boys don't get presents."
 
"Oooh."
 
"So stop crying," Baekhyun smiles at him again and finally gently ruffles Chanyeol's hair in an attempt to make the taller smile and that's what he just does with pearly whites that could beat Chuckie Doll's. "Trick or treat?"
 
"I don't have a costume," Chanyeol frowns.
 
"That's okay, too," Baekhyun says in comfort. "You could always pass for Jamie Bennett. Remember the little boy in the movie Rise of the Guardians? The one who didn't believe in Jack Frost at first?"
 
Chanyeol nods. 
 
"Minus the snot and ugly crying face, anyway," Baekhyun side comments, doesn't know he said his thoughts out loud if not for Chanyeol crying again. Baekhyun momentarily panics and gulps at the sight, unsure of what to do. "Hey, hey, I was just kidding."
 
"Really?" 
 
"Really," Baekhyun smirks. "So come now, Jamie Bennett, let's go trick or treating and believe in Sandman."
 
Baekhyun tugs at Chanyeol's hand and holds it in his, finally ready for their trick or treating.
 
This time he makes sure he doesn't speak his thoughts about Chanyeol resembling Chuckie more with the way he could resemble a probable cereal (shh, Baekhyun knows it's not serial) killer. Because his teeth is aching for sweets, he keeps mum and walks around the village hand in hand with the taller collecting sweets and treats to satisfy his sassy mouth. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
and if you may, do follow @mngrfn on twitter! ^^ have a very noiceeee dayyyy