i don't think you're ready for this jelly

untitled {drabbles compilation}

ewwww, 500+ words of pointless . up to you if you wanna read, but i'm not kidding. like, the title doesn't even make sense. uhm. 

--

 

 

 

 

baekhyun sits on one of the chairs situated around one of the tables in a quaint cafe.

 

looks through the menu: appetizers, meals, and desserts matched and designed with delectable-looking pictures of some of the food, he smiles. order he does with abandon, not even looking up at the waiter—how disrespectful—as he simultaneously plays something on his phone. 

 

prim and proper—appropriate—he sits, chewing his food the minute it arrives on a silver platter set in front of him. he mentally remarks that it's so soft and tasty. he personally likes the beef stroganoff and how it leaves an impression and a lasting taste lingering on his mouth.

 

he eats his chosen appetizer the last—it's been habit. it's clam chowder soup on a small bowl. it's part of his belief that if he gets to the soup at the end of his meal and before his drink, it's easier to digest (jongdae says otherwise—that it's bad and has unlikely effects). actually, baekhyun's not sure what is more believable, but he sticks to what he thinks is right.

 

when he looks through the menu again, he takes note of the waiter that gave it to him. chanyeol is written on his name tag or is that a plaque? pinned on the upper left part of his chest. and it says manager (maybe they're running low on waiters), so baekhyun's eyes dilate a little to his direction. gulp he does before he flips the menu upside—he's browing the menu for dessert now. but internally he's spazzing how handsome the manager is and can i just order him for dessert instead.

 

among strawberry tarts, tiramisu, chocolate cake slices, he spots jelly roll and he picks just that and smiles his fantabulous smile up at the manager who kindly gets his menu when he's done and goes at the back of the counter and glides back to his side in mere seconds. 

 

"your jelly roll."

 

but baekhyun sees no jelly and his eyes suspiciously eye the roll of what looks like sponge cake on the little plate set in front of him.

 

"so how is this jelly?" he turns to the manager in question, who doesn't seem unfazed. 

 

baekhyun takes a bite, anyway, and his stomach squirms because it tastes so good. the dessert melts in his mouth so effortlessly and invades or maybe even attacks his taste buds with sweet invasion. it's not too sweet, though. if anything, it's just right. 

 

but i still don't get why it's called jelly roll if it's not jelly

 

"it tastes good, though," he nods. "so why is it called jelly? i still want to know."

 

and the manager's reply shocks baekhyun for all he knows, because, "i don't know either, but maybe we can find out together?" the manager half asks with a smile so bright, baekhyun thinks he could melt knowing that it's obviously a proposition. 

 

but of course baekhyun refuses not to be the last word, so he says, "i don't know how you know i'd like that, but sure."

 

 

 

--

i warned you, didn't i?