symptoms of falling in love

untitled {drabbles compilation}

deesh isho crack everywhere i tell ya

 

i am sick, so here take this (while you wait for queues and trainers, maybe, because i honestly can't write that when i'm sick it just ruins it just like this drabble will be ruined with sickness) :

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun feels a migraine coming, invisible nails hammering at the back of his skull and there's a dull ache when he thinks too much. 

 

His heart is beating so fast, short and out of breath as he breathes through his mouth (it's hard breathing through a clogged nose). 

 

His nose hurts from sneezing too much and from simultaneously suppressing the oncoming liquid in alien form from the same passageway. 

 

His eyes are droopy, vision blurring as he looks at Chanyeol and squints his eyes because he thinks the latter is like blinding light. 

 

 

Am I in love?

 

Chanyeol's tending to him at the moment, letting him lie on his back as the latter fluffs the pillow he'll rest his head on. Baekhyun falls back a moment later, with Chanyeol bringing a wet cloth to rest on his forehead. 

 

Baekhyun has symptoms of falling sick, but he thinks otherwise as he whines when Chanyeol exits the room.

 

When Chanyeol comes back, he has a tray of what looks like soup and a glass of water on the side. He puts it on top of the bedside drawer, pulling a monoblock chair from the computer table to sit at the side of Baekhyun. He thinks of monitoring the sick person on the bed.

 

But Baekhyun surprises Chanyeol minutes later or maybe not really, because Baekhyun thinks he has symptoms of falling in love instead.

 

"Chanyeol, I think I'm in love with you," the shorter says quietly, not faltering and confident of what he's saying. He's not nervous one bit, not on the verge of breakdown if ever he gets rejected. He's unusually calm and really sane.

 

In response, Chanyeol just smiles small and ruffles his hair. "Maybe."

 

"No, I'm serious," Baekhyun insists.

 

"And maybe you're just sick," Chanyeol says, sounding sure at that. "Maybe it's just the way I take care of you, maybe it's just your sensitivity. You're sick, so it's understandable. Just get better for now."

 

Baekhyun pouts and blows his dampening bangs resting on the wet cloth on his forehead off his face. "But I really am!"  

 

"Okay," Chanyeol says, "Maybe we'll just have to deal with it later on."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A week later when Baekhyun's no longer sick, he bounds over to Chanyeol seated on the living room playing a video game.

 

"Chanyeol, I thought I was in love with you." 

 

"Yeah, you thought," Chanyeol says quietly in response, fingers pressing on a joystick. 

 

"My heart was beating like crazy, my vision was hazy and I thought you were just the brightest thing in front of me, my nose hurt so much because you know the feeling when you sneeze for no reason because the one you like doesn't like you back? That feeling," Baekhyun pauses. "And I was almost sure I was in love with you, because I couldn't think straight." He stops. 

 

"I told you those were just symptoms of falling sick," Chanyeol says again, resting the joystick flat on the ground when he's finished playing. "But ask me."

 

"What do I ask you?"

 

"Ask me when do I feel the symptoms of falling in love."

 

"Okay, when do you feel the symptoms of falling in love?" 

 

"You know all those things you mentioned?" Chanyeol asks, looking Baekhyun straight in the eye. "I feel them whenever you're around me and I'm not even sick."

 

 

 

The end. Teehee!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--

 

so, you know, I'm sick. huhuhuh i want to cry. i may or may not expand this into a full blown one-shot. evil laughing everywhere. 

 

okay, im out

 

ps. baekhyun may or may have not wanted to jump chanyeol just the slightest bit because of hormones kicking in, but i didnt add that hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah because hahahahah lol he's just sick, so it's sort of understandable? normal? idk im crazy, im not sorry. kthnxbai.