Questions Answered

What Is Love

You had arrived in New York few days ago yet, you and Sang-woo had no proper talk. Both of you talked each other via calls, texts, video calls, and Skype only. You hadn’t meet her because of his busi-ness as a president of an international mining company. He couldn’t even accompany you tonight in Juilliard’s Bonding Night. He had to attend an important meeting, he said.

You were clearly disappointed. But you had to understand his tight schedule. You sighed as you mix and matched your outfit with the shoes you were going to use tonight. As one of the most impressive students in Juilliard’s inner circle, you had to be impressive outside Juilliard as well if you want your career to go smoothly.

After you felt satisfied with your outfit, you glanced at the clock. It was five thirty already. A bit rush, you went to prepare yourself so you could dazzled people in the club tonight.

***

You could feel your heart beat faster as the loud music welcomed you in LQ. You scanned the whole room and surprised seeing many people visited LQ. Wasn’t that a party special for Juilliard? You thought.

You went down to find your closest friend in Juilliard, Amy. On your way to the bar stool, you got greeted and flirted by your acquaintances few times. Requests for dancing came to you as well, but you rejected them all. Because at least, you had to take some shots of liquor and find Amy before you got lost on the dance floor later.

When you arrived at the bar stool, you could see Amy was enjoying her cocktail.

“Why is it so crowded?” you asked and tapped her shoulder.

“I heard that it wasn’t just Juilliard that came today, but even the graduated people.” She answered. You just nodded understandingly.

“Hugo, babe, can I have tequila sunrise, please.” You said to main barista in LQ. Just like in Last Supper, you were close with LQ’s barista as well.

“Make it two.” Amy added. He nodded and went to make you two’s orders while you and Amy staring at the club to detect attractive men who could be asked for dance or just talking.

Amy elbowed you. “By the way, from the spreading rumor, Son Tae-young is here to find dancers who she could drag into her company.”

 “Son Tae-young…who? You asked. “The Korean actress who apparently has a big dance company in USA.” She answered. You just stared blankly.

“Don’t tell me you don’t know Son Tae-young?”she asked again in disbelief. You blinked innocently and shook your head.

“Oh my goodness! You’re a Korean-American, and also if you dance in front of Tae-young, I bet she’ll drag you into her company and turn you into the best dancer in the world.” She exclaimed.

“Ladies, your orders.” Hugo cut off while putting two glass of tequila sunrise on the bar stool and made both of you turned your back facing the bar stool again.

You sipped your tequila sunrise. “Really? Wow.” You said. Amy just snorted and finished her drink in oneshot.

“C’mon!” she said hopping down of her seat. You finished your drink first then followed Amy. Both of you had to sneak into the crowd if you want to dance in the middle of the dance floor.

Lights were off and changed into spotlight that pointed to LQ’s DJ who held a microphone. “Welcome Juilliard, to our hottest club LQ! I’m Steve, and I’ll give you the most incredible beat for the party so prepare yourself and let’s rock this club!”

Whistles and hands clapped filling LQ after Steve done with his speech to start the party. He scanned the dance floor for few seconds before playing on his main music. His eyes catched your sight that looked prominent with your simple yet classy outfit. He took the microphone again.

“Wait wait wait. I just got an information from my agent, that besides Juilliard family, we got visited by special guest today, Son Tae-young!”

The spotlight turned to an Asian tanned woman who sat in VIP area. You wanted to see her but too bad you were’nt tall enough. Besides, being in a middle of dance floor made you covered by crowds that were taller than you.

“And Tae-young, if you want to find a great dancer. I suggest you find someone named Ashley Kim!” he said again. The crowds were staring at you now, clapping their hands. You sheepishly smiled than gave Steve a death glare.

“I’m pretty sure you’ll be amazed by here, Tae-young. Okay, let’s dance until the world ends!”

Steve played Low from Flo Rida featuring T Pain and of course its remix version.

***

“Are you tired?!” Steve asked half yelling. His question was answered with ‘No’ that was said together. “But still, I’m gon’ to give y’all some time to rest. Go to bar and ask Hugo to give you the strongest liquor while you enjoy solo dance performance from Ashley!”

This time, the crowd agreed. Some of them left the dance floor. Steve just smiled toward you while choosing some songs for your solo performance. It was only you now and everyone could see you clearly.

You sighed. Not because you were nervous, no you never nervous when it comes to dance. But you were upset because Steve decided thing by his own. With no choice, you went to Steve place and handed over your iPod to him. “Play the dance with the stars playlist, please.” You said then you walked back to the dance floor. Steve connected your iPod to his speaker immediately and played your playlist.

A sound of violin from Push accompanied your tempting hip moves. You showed your own creation contemporary dance. You mixed techniques that you learned from street dance, a bit of ballet, and your own choreography who gave sensual yet untouchable color for you.

Push push~

Your dance made men drooled over you and made women envied you. Push then changed into Justin Timberlake’s y Back. You changed your style from sensual woman into boyish. Your dance style turned into full street dance as well. You did some B-boy moves which stunned people around you.

You danced along with the rhythm and did some acrobatic moves before ended your solo performance. You bowed ninety degrees to the audience before went back to the bar stool to join Amy.

“Hugo, gin and tonic. And a glass of apple martini. I’m so in’ thirsty.” You said.

“Whoa, I have no idea you can do ballet, and those b-boy moves.” Amy squealed when you sat beside her. You smirked. “Well, as dancer, at least we have to know basic moves of every dance, right?” you asked back rhetorically. Amy nodded and turned around to see the crowd on the dance floor.

After your order arrived, you finished your gin and tonic in oneshot than enjoying your apple martini slowly until Amy elbowed you. You looked at her upset but she just gave you a sign to look at behind you to see who was that that approaching you.

You turned around and found a woman who was Son Tae-young stood in front of you already. You gasped. No, not because of Son Tae-young’s presence. But because a man who stood beside her with arm linked with her. You stared at Son Tae-young and that man. Your eyes implied confusion.

She held her hand out to you. “I’m Son Tae-young. And this is my husband, Kwon Sang-woo.”